Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Pittsburgh actually needs cheap, reliable bottom six forwards that could possibly play top six if there's an injury. I'd see them more interested in Bournival or Thomas. When they traded for Kessel, they never had to give up Derrick Pouliot who'll get the next free D spot in Pittsburgh. I think they first want to drop Kunitz and if they can't, then Perron will go somewhere for picks and cheap bottom six forwards.

Guest Stogey24

Ya, that's true eh. I don't think highly of Kunitz and age isn't on his side , but I wouldn't be against him in Habs line up.

The Kid is good, but tiny. Not really seeing the upside

I could understand it if he was coming off a strong year in junior but he wasn't all that great. Why not wait and let this season play out? If he does well, then sign him.

Did his dad play with MB or is this token french signing to appease RDS types?

I could understand it if he was coming off a strong year in junior but he wasn't all that great. Why not wait and let this season play out? If he does well, then sign him.

Did his dad play with MB or is this token french signing to appease RDS types?

His dad is a scout for the Habs. For the record, I don't think he was a token selection either, Audette was actually pegged to go earlier in the draft than he did and late in the 5th round, he was a decent value pick. But they have until next June 1st to sign him, I don't see the rush to do so now.

? laCarriere hire and now this? Coincidence that their fathers work for Habs and they get offered contracts?

Or is laCarriere the best available coach to hire and Audette will develop better with contract in back pocket?

Seems too fishy!

Considering it's Eklund, I'm hesitant to post this but what the hey, it's good for a laugh:

I just got off the phone just now and I was told the Canadiens are discussing possibly moving a Center...Eller or Desharnais, to Washington for a D-man.

Montreal's plan has long been to open up a spot for Galcheynuk to move to his natural Center position...

What's the saying, you can never have enough d-men?

For what it's worth, the only D that would make any sense from Washington in a deal like this would be Dmitry Orlov. Their others are either too expensive, too good (guys like Alzner/Carlson on cheap deals), or cheap fillers.

That one might actually make sense, as Arizona needs warm bodies, and we need Desharnais to leave

There's a big difference between needing warm bodies and taking on a $3.5 million player. They don't need to add more payroll to get to the floor (the Pronger acquisition did that for them). They have a couple of roster spots available but it would make more sense for them to sign one or two of the remaining UFA forwards to one year deals at a combined cost that will be cheaper than Desharnais' contract. (And it doesn't help that Arizona has five centres under contract already.)

There's a Rumour about a trade with Arizona regarding Desharnais

Eklund was talking Eller or DD for a D in Washington. Seemed like he wasn't paying attention at all to Washington and Montreal's D situations before making it up.

Arizona currently has Vermette, Hanzal, Gordon, Vitale and Richardson down the middle with Chipchura as their extra pivot. They need a left winger more than a centre. Don't know if they are a fit really, even if Gordon, Vitale, Richardson and Chipchura are all bottom six, fourth line guys.

New Jersey (if they don't just sign Briere, who wants to play in NJ) and Edmonton are probably the best fits for Desharnais. If it was Eller moving, I think Carolina and Columbus are good fits there.

Guest Stogey24

I can only find one twitter account with that rumour and it's one that makes up an awful lot of stuff. Or did you find it elsewhere?

That was where I saw it. Wasn't taking it too seriously. Especially with the fact of Arizona's centre depth, as machine said