Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

I'm sure there are teams that see 'big D' and 'somewhat recent 1st rounder' and have their interest piqued a little. What level is that interest though? Would a team be willing to part with an actual asset or would the offers be more along the lines of a conditional mid-round pick to take a healthy scratch off Montreal's hands? If the latter is what's out there, I wouldn't expect anything to get done.

His value is hard to figure out. Are there GMs who feel like adding him is extremely important? Are there GMs who feel he can enter their lineup immediately? Are there GMs who feel like they can afford to just have him sit as a #7 if he doesn't impress and make an offer better than, "If he doesn't play well after 10 games we will just send him onto the waivers"? Is there a GM out there who might have fallen in love with his resume and can't pry out off an Oleksiak or McIllrath from Dallas and New York?

If there's more than one team inquiring about him, that's good. If they are inquiring and wondering if Habs just want to swap another underperforming player for him, it depends on the guy. Someone suggested Rychel for Tinordi. I am by no means a Rychel fan but I could see that deal happening. Columbus needs a fresh D now. Montreal can keep Rychel in the AHL.

If there's more than one team inquiring about him, that's good. If they are inquiring and wondering if Habs just want to swap another underperforming player for him, it depends on the guy. Someone suggested Rychel for Tinordi. I am by no means a Rychel fan but I could see that deal happening. Columbus needs a fresh D now. Montreal can keep Rychel in the AHL.

I'm no Rychel fan either but I'd do that in a heartbeat.

Yeah I agree, he looks NHL ready unlike our tin man.

Oh, I wouldn't call him NHL ready. He's younger, waiver exempt, and has first round pedigree (not that I think that he's all that good of a prospect). If you can get someone that meets those criteria for Tinordi, you do it if for no other reason than to buy yourself some time to either develop that new player or flip him for someone/something better than you could get for Tinordi.

Oh, I wouldn't call him NHL ready. He's younger, waiver exempt, and has first round pedigree (not that I think that he's all that good of a prospect). If you can get someone that meets those criteria for Tinordi, you do it if for no other reason than to buy yourself some time to either develop that new player or flip him for someone/something better than you could get for Tinordi.

LeBrun said in talking to teams, Montreal didn't show interest in a forward. Guess he might want a defenceman in return or a pick then.

LeBrun said in talking to teams, Montreal didn't show interest in a forward. Guess he might want a defenceman in return or a pick then.

It wouldn't shock me if they wanted another D back for depth purposes as the only one in the minors that could be a passable call-up is Barberio.

It wouldn't shock me if they wanted another D back for depth purposes as the only one in the minors that could be a passable call-up is Barberio.

And...

Maybe Gilbert and Emelin are playing themselves out of town, and we will need defense?

Gilbert was one who had a good game in Edmonton and Emelin almost led team in icetime 22:10, so highly doubt he is goin anywhere anytime soon.

Emelin may have led the team in ice time, but was on the ice for 3 goals against, and 2 of those three he was covering air.

Are we in panic mode just yet, or do we save that for 11:20pm? Guys looked awful for 50 minutes last night, and 60 in Van. And if we compile the two gm skid along with the 3rd game in 4 nights, whoa, tonight could be an even bigger disaster. But, I'll say we pick up 1 pt tonight. And what's up with Tinordi, I heard he asked for a trade?

And what's up with Tinordi, I heard he asked for a trade?

That has been speculated for the better part of a year now but I don't think it has ever come out publicly. I'm sure he'd welcome a move (and I think the Habs would be willing to accommodate him). Accepting a conditioning stint would probably help his cause.

That has been speculated for the better part of a year now but I don't think it has ever come out publicly. I'm sure he'd welcome a move (and I think the Habs would be willing to accommodate him). Accepting a conditioning stint would probably help his cause.

I don't blame him, he can't make the team for whatever reason. He feels he hasn't been given a shot. I mean any of you who have played, and I did how would you feel? I'd want out. It is like when there were very good centers in the minors behind Mark and Gretz , what were your chances?

I don't blame him, he can't make the team for whatever reason. He feels he hasn't been given a shot. I mean any of you who have played, and I did how would you feel? I'd want out. It is like when there were very good centers in the minors behind Mark and Gretz , what were your chances?

Tinordi probably does feel like that. However, it terms of our LD configuration at the blueline, he has to beat out #74: not exactly Gretzky or Messier. Indeed, when you consider that the Habs have a vested organizational interest in replacing the expensive and inconsistent Emelin with a younger, cheaper player, you realize that - while it's natural for Tin-man to feel frustrated - his frustration is probably irrational, because he's signularly failed to give management any confidence that he can do anything close to what Emelin does.

So, he needs to go to a team that has a weaker LD than Emelin.

Tinordi probably does feel like that. However, it terms of our LD configuration at the blueline, he has to beat out #74: not exactly Gretzky or Messier. Indeed, when you consider that the Habs have a vested organizational interest in replacing the expensive and inconsistent Emelin with a younger, cheaper player, you realize that - while it's natural for Tin-man to feel frustrated - his frustration is probably irrational, because he's signularly failed to give management any confidence that he can do anything close to what Emelin does.

So, he needs to go to a team that has a weaker LD than Emelin.

That is such a sad thing when you consider the potential talent of the guy. However you are correct.

Weaker left D than Emelin? That's a toughy ;)

Ha ha, well, the answer to the question of 'who is a weaker left D than Emelin' is, apparently - Jarred Tinordi. Dat's gotta hoit.

• Upvote 1

Ha ha, well, the answer to the question of 'who is a weaker left D than Emelin' is, apparently - Jarred Tinordi. Dat's gotta hoit.

Lmfao! True, true...;0

The 23 man roster has always been an issue for the Canadiens. Therrien needs to get everybody up to game speed or waive who they are not using. Right now all they are doing is holding Pateryn and Tinordi in Purgatory, circumventing the waiver rules -----morally not legally!

The 23 man roster has always been an issue for the Canadiens. Therrien needs to get everybody up to game speed or waive who they are not using. Right now all they are doing is holding Pateryn and Tinordi in Purgatory, circumventing the waiver rules -----morally not legally!

Boo hoo.

The name of the game is winning. You need depth cause injuries will happen. They are holding on to depth.

Nothing morally wrong with that at all.

Tinordi and pateryn are getting paid 5x as much as they would in the ahl... boo hoo

We are so hard up for things to criticize therrien and bergevin about that this is the best we have? Every team has scratches in the press box

We know it will be #24...or #13 being waived to clear room, if no injuries crop up.

WIth a forward tied for 1st in AHL scoring and a d-man tied for 1st in d-scoring, likely would be #13 being waived 1st.

Right now all they are doing is holding Pateryn and Tinordi in Purgatory, circumventing the waiver rules -----morally not legally!

Do you... do you only watch Habs games and nobody else? This is a ridiculous statement. Every single NHL team has players in the press box in case of injuries.

Friedman's 30 Thoughts:

Friedman: "It’s not exactly a news bulletin teams are looking for defencemen, with a chunk of focus on Dallas and Montreal because they carry eight.

GMs Marc Bergevin and Jim Nill refused to expose Jarred Tinordi and Jamie Oleksiak (respectively) to waivers, so they’ve got other executives calling to ask what they might want to do to alleviate their excess.

“Trouble is, since both teams are going so well, they can be patient,” one said. “No need to do anything until they get what they want.”

This is more of a guess: but I would not be surprised if a Montreal ask was something like two second-rounders for Tinordi."