Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

I had read that the Kings were one of many teams looking for a defenseman on mynhltraderumors.com about a week or two ago. They only have 2 right handed shot defenseman currently on the roster (Doughty and McBain. Greene is out with an injury). They don't seem to high on McBain. He was on waivers at the beginning of the season. They have right handed defense prospects, but I don't think any of them are NHL ready. Not even for call up duty.

• Upvote 1

The column I read didn't say what type of defensemen the Kings were looking for. Only that they seemed interested in possibly adding a couple of defensemen. It was just an observation that the Kings seem short on right handed defenseman. So I would assume that one of the defensemen they seek would be a righty and Gilbert would be an upgrade over McBain. Tinordi and Pateryn would be depth guys for the Kings for this year with the potential to be more down the line. Emelin is a doubtful target because he can't play nice with Lucic, but these guys are pros so you never know. The only other player that I can see is maybe Beaulieu if the return is lights out good. I agree that Subban and Petry aren't going anywhere, Markov neither.

Patrick Marleau could be on the move according to Elliotte Friedman

Let's see, he has a no move clause, he doesn't want to move. Sharks want the cup trading Marlowe does not do them any good. Nope can't see it my self.

Let's see, he has a no move clause, he doesn't want to move. Sharks want the cup trading Marlowe does not do them any good. Nope can't see it my self.

Freidman is a legend in his own mind who likes to portray he has his finger on the pulse of the league.

Freidman is a legend in his own mind who likes to portray he has his finger on the pulse of the league.

Well he has his finger stuck somewhere on this one. Marleau is a very difficult trade to make.

Wait so last week you were quoting Glen Healy as an authority in one of your posts to me.

And now you are mocking Freidman?

WHAT???

IMO, Freidman is one of the top 3 insiders in the league with Lebrun and McKenzie.

• Upvote 2

Wait so last week you were quoting Glen Healy as an authority in one of your posts to me.

And now you are mocking Freidman?

WHAT???

IMO, Freidman is one of the top 3 insiders in the league with Lebrun and McKenzie.

Yes I mocked Frieman the same way you mocked Healy. lol

Didnt say Healy was an "authority" on anything. Only that he summed up what I was saying in a sentence "some guys cant play in June"

I remember Friedman telling us all how the Oilers finally have a coach that will be behind the bench for years. Did a big personal interview and show on the guy. Dallas Eakins. Three Oiler coaches ago , dont think he's even been employed since. Good call.

Friedman can be as far off as the rest of us, including Healy. One thing Heals has on Friedman and the rest, is he actually played in the NHL. Points for that.

Freidman is one of the best in the business, Certainly more respected than Healy. He predicted incorrectly that Eakins would be a good coach for the Oilers. He was wrong about that, therefore he is incompetent?

• Upvote 4

Freidman is one of the best in the business, Certainly more respected than Healy. He predicted incorrectly that Eakins would be a good coach for the Oilers. He was wrong about that, therefore he is incompetent?

Exactly, He did a feature on a guy. and a sit down interview with him.... and then he praised him afterwards.

If that was the criteria, one wrong prediction when you are trying to be positive about a guy during a feature on him, then every person in the media has been wrong at least once in their career.

Exactly, He did a feature on a guy. and a sit down interview with him.... and then he praised him afterwards.

If that was the criteria, one wrong prediction when you are trying to be positive about a guy during a feature on him, then every person in the media has been wrong at least once in their career.

Including Healy.

No not at all. Jeesh, where did "incompetent" come from?

I'm sure they same could be said about Healy from fans of his.

or Mackenzie, or Hodge, or Stock, or Cherry, or Kypreos, or Maclean, ............whoever you like or don't like.

It's not that Healy is a total idiot, or is it? Yes he is, ignorant and arrogant as well. Can he say something right once in a while? Yes, he did play in the NHL. Good color or hockey broadcast guy? Never.

Friedman is awesome, both as an insider, and an interviewer, not at all an idiot, and is respected as well as respectful.

Apples and oranges talking about Friedman and Healy guys...

• Upvote 2

I take pot shots at Bob McKenzie all of the time for his bad hockey opinions (twice incorrectly predicting Montreal would trade Subban are my favourites) but he's still Bob McKenzie, getting an award that will be displayed in the Hockey Hall of Fame today.

2 or 3 years ago, healey was saying reimer is as good as Price. So I'm firmly in the Healey is an idiot camp. Rinaldo is in the NHL, as was Sean Avery. I consider both to be morons.

I think Healy wants go on date With Price

The dudes in love with him