Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Need to send a warm body back so we have enough money to sign everyone necessary next season.

What would we need to give up in order to secure Iginla? Tinordi + ? 1st round pick?

What would we need to give up in order to secure Iginla? Tinordi + ? 1st round pick?

I don't know if Colorado would value Tinordi that highly. (Maybe they do considering their terrible evaluation of defencemen...) Iginla has one year past this season on his contract though so it would be wise for Montreal to send a player that is under contract beyond this season and Tinordi isn't. I would imagine the 1st round pick would be required though.

Send gilbert and a 2nd.

Iginla would cost a lot more than that. (And since Gilbert's a UFA after this season, the Habs would be eating a full $5+ million on next year's cap without sending anything the other way to offset that amount.)

So you are saying that he should really f'in shine on Habs then?

how helpful was he in helping the bruins and Pens advance???

He's done a great job producing on losing teams.

He produced on Boston as well.... when they won the presidents trophy.

Iginla produces... the quality of team is irrelevant.

how helpful was he in helping the bruins and Pens advance???

He was the Bruins best player when we beat them in 7. The fact that the team didn't advance, doesn't mean he played badly.

He produced on Boston as well.... when they won the presidents trophy.

Iginla produces... the quality of team is irrelevant.

He was the Bruins best player when we beat them in 7. The fact that the team didn't advance, doesn't mean he played badly.

was he able to get the Pens or the Bruins over the hump??? Nope. Iginla gets his points, but did he make the teams better? Nope. On the other hand, even though Jagr didn't score in the playoffs with the bruins, he did get 10 assists and every team he's been on, he's made the young players he's played with take a step forward.

Thats such a bullshit argument.

One player doesn't make a team win. If Tuukka Rask didn't turn into Red Light Racicot every time he sees a CH jersey... Iginla's team would have gotten "over the hump".

Is he supposed to be able to control the other 20 players on the team?

• Upvote 1

Iginla would cost a lot more than that. (And since Gilbert's a UFA after this season, the Habs would be eating a full $5+ million on next year's cap without sending anything the other way to offset that amount.)

spoilsport. :)

was he able to get the Pens or the Bruins over the hump??? Nope. Iginla gets his points, but did he make the teams better? Nope. On the other hand, even though Jagr didn't score in the playoffs with the bruins, he did get 10 assists and every team he's been on, he's made the young players he's played with take a step forward.

I agree with Commandant, what a terrible argument. Tsn comment section worthy even. To say a player like hall of fame worthy Jarome Iginla doesn't make a team better is one of the most ridiculous statements I've ever heard. I award you zero points and may God have mercy on your soul.

• Upvote 1

For Iginla I say the contract going the other way has to be Eller. Overpayed and not producing. Of course we have to add to that. A first rounder and Tinordi is my guess at fair value.

Eller, Tinordi, 1st for Iginla and a 4th.

• Upvote 1

For Iginla I say the contract going the other way has to be Eller. Overpayed and not producing. Of course we have to add to that. A first rounder and Tinordi is my guess at fair value.

Eller, Tinordi, 1st for Iginla and a 4th.

Eller has five goals. No? On pace for 25.

Further to this, he's so far only open to going to the Rangers, Ducks, and Kings.

*sigh* Always the bridesmaid...

If you notice, those three teams are next to impossible trade possibilities. Sharks trading Marleau to the Kings would be like the Canadiens trading Koivu to the Bruins. Ducks are not as much of a rival but are still a state rival. The New York Rangers have serious cap issues right now. Bob McKenzie theorized eventually Chicago (no cap space) and Nashville (a good possibility) could open up, but right now Marleau is making it difficult.

The issue with Iggy is not whether adding a productive veteran who fills the one glaring hole in our roster will 'help us.' Of course it will help us. The issue is whether he has the foot-speed to be able to click with the kind of style we play and the linemates he will be given. Being a good player doesn't automatically translate into being a good 'fit.' My guess is that a guy as savvy as Iggy will adapt, but you never know.

The issue with Iggy is not whether adding a productive veteran who fills the one glaring hole in our roster will 'help us.' Of course it will help us. The issue is whether he has the foot-speed to be able to click with the kind of style we play and the linemates he will be given. Being a good player doesn't automatically translate into being a good 'fit.' My guess is that a guy as savvy as Iggy will adapt, but you never know.

Why are we acting like Lars Eller is fast? The last two or three Avalanche games, Iginla skated at the same speed as Eller.

Galchenyuk is fast, but if we want to put players with Galchenyuk who can keep up with his speed, we might as well go:

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Weise

Fleischmann - Galchenyuk - Gallagher

Eller - Desharnais - Smith-Pelly

But, but, but...

He is only on pace for 25 goals, in basically a 3rd line defensive roll man, give up the Lars love dude, it don't wash 'round here! :ph34r:

I don't think Iggy is all that slow either, guy can hit, fight and most of all score goals, but a 1rst, and a roster player as good as Eller, and a prospect for a 38 yr old?

Too much for my blood...