Feb. 21 19:10 EST Columbus vs Montreal

DON

That wasn't as good of a second period unfortunately as Columbus started to get the better chances as the period went on. On the happy side, Beaulieu's having himself a nice game at both ends of the rink.

It's likely to be a 3-line third period as the Bournival-Malhotra-Thomas line aren't getting much ice time tonight. If they're trying to showcase Thomas, they're not doing a good job of it.

Guest Stogey24

That wasn't as good of a second period unfortunately as Columbus started to get the better chances as the period went on. On the happy side, Beaulieu's having himself a nice game at both ends of the rink.

It's likely to be a 3-line third period as the Bournival-Malhotra-Thomas line aren't getting much ice time tonight. If they're trying to showcase Thomas, they're not doing a good job of it.

Being completely honest, is anyone on the fourth line even NHL quality? Thomas gets rocked every shift, Malholtra is good on the draw, that's it, Bournival ain't bad, but doesn't do much other than skate around

how can you showcase anyone with Malhotra?

manny looked pretty good at beginning of year playing with prust and weiss. Great fourth line.

But all he ever plays with now are Hamilton players, if he plays at all. Manny and the Dogs. (good name for a band)

Guest Stogey24

Been saying it for quite some time................Habs fourth line has consisted of (about a dozen) revolving bulldogs for 3 seasons.

Yeah I remember that stat you had on them

CBJ following the Kings Bruins model. Tons of questionable hits tonight. I saw at least 5 right on the numbers. Slewfooting, stick holding, just generally dirty bastards. The league needs some more finnesse cup wins so this trend goes away.

You showcase by giving players ice time first and foremost. It doesn't matter who you play with if you're only getting 6-8 minutes a night which is where Thomas has been lately. Whether those minutes are with Malhotra, Plekanec, or anyone else, it's hard to make a big impression with that little time.

Another one of these quasi-passionless mid-February "let's just try to get out of here with a win" efforts. Glad they succeeded.

I like Thomas quite a bit, but hoo boy did he get pounded on tonight. Good to see him fight back, literally.

The Pateryn-Tinordi (!) combo played competently. Every time Boll landed a punch on Tinordi I winced, thinking of that AHL concussion.

Beaulieu was like PK Lite out there! Fantastic, difference-making shifts from him. If he keeps progressing, it's going to be a thing of beauty to watch - as will a blueline anchored by him and Subban for years and years to come! Yow!

Price gets all the accolades and rightly so, but where would this team be without MaxPac? I shudder to think.

only managed to catch the first but Subban looked like he was out for a skate a couple times. Watching Thomas in two seasons in Hamilton. He gets knocked down constantly everywhere-just too damn small. Referee's seem to be calling a different game then in October.

Beaulieu is looking like a first round pick. What have I said in the past? Axl Rose said it best.

"Need a little patience..."

I have been posting that NB would play like he is now all season. Not surprised in the slightest in the slightest.

Another one of these quasi-passionless mid-February "let's just try to get out of here with a win" efforts. Glad they succeeded.

I like Thomas quite a bit, but hoo boy did he get pounded on tonight. Good to see him fight back, literally.

The Pateryn-Tinordi (!) combo played competently. Every time Boll landed a punch on Tinordi I winced, thinking of that AHL concussion.

Beaulieu was like PK Lite out there! Fantastic, difference-making shifts from him. If he keeps progressing, it's going to be a thing of beauty to watch - as will a blueline anchored by him and Subban for years and years to come! Yow!

Price gets all the accolades and rightly so, but where would this team be without MaxPac? I shudder to think.

bout sums it up I can't add much.

MB's phone should be ringing off the hook about the availability of one NB. Very impressive. Our young defensive guys looked pretty good all around. It was pretty clear that Columbus could push the pile when they used their size. Hopefully we address some of our concerns before the trade deadline. PS. Beaulieu is not going anywhere unless it is for an elite, and I say elite, forward.

I heard a rumor a couple of days ago (cant remember where) that the BJ's were looking to move some of there Defense that were under contract for next season, With the way they played last night I wouldn't mind MB taking a closer look at them for our back end. They really played a tough game last night, come playoff time we are going to need some of that aggressiveness.

Guest Stogey24

only managed to catch the first but Subban looked like he was out for a skate a couple times. Watching Thomas in two seasons in Hamilton. He gets knocked down constantly everywhere-just too damn small. Referee's seem to be calling a different game then in October.

I'm trying to keep the negative posts to a minimum, but Thomas probably isn't going to stick with Montreal. Literally every shift he's gets stapled. Maybe a consistent stint on the top line would help, so he's not facing checking lines, but I don't think that's going to happen

I'm trying to keep the negative posts to a minimum, but Thomas probably isn't going to stick with Montreal. Literally every shift he's gets stapled. Maybe a consistent stint on the top line would help, so he's not facing checking lines, but I don't think that's going to happen

Too small. The smurf era in montreal is over. DD and Gally have those two jobs locked up. No more need apply.

Too small. The smurf era in montreal is over. DD and Gally have those two jobs locked up. No more need apply.

It's not just about being a "smurf," though. I mean, how often to you see either DD or Gally getting pounded in the way that Thomas was on three or four separate occasions last night? Gally only occasionally, despite being an obvious target, and DD hardly ever.Thomas needs to refine his survival skills out there.

That said, I like the kid. He's got speed and spirit. Whether he's got a viable NHL future, that's another question.

• Upvote 1

It's not just about being a "smurf," though. I mean, how often to you see either DD or Gally getting pounded in the way that Thomas was on three or four separate occasions last night? Gally only occasionally, despite being an obvious target, and DD hardly ever.Thomas needs to refine his survival skills out there.

That said, I like the kid. He's got speed and spirit. Whether he's got a viable NHL future, that's another question.

and those guys are a dime a dozen, and the habs dont need to get smaller

What was DD thinking, when he was in front of net with puck and instead of shooting, he passes to Max below goalline?

Shoot the puck when in the prime slot location, shouldn't be that hard to do.

The mental block reminds of Steve Sax trying to simply toss a ball to 1st base on easy out and putting it 10 feet over head of 1st baseman and into Row#15.