Game Thread | Montreal vs. Ottawa | 01/13/07

Spider-Man NL

well No it isn't just 1 game, they have been under 500 over there last 10 -12 games. Another No show in the first. Hey, i am still wondering why everyone still ONLY bashes the second line, How about that top line, minus 6 again, what are they like minus 25 for the year. How about everyone's top D men, Souray and Rivet, minus 4, nice effort.

I think the Tom Petty song says it all "Free Falling". Right down the standings. Until this team gets some real leadership and players who care about big games and winning they'll keep falling down the standings.

I hope BG reads the thread today:

Pleks, Ryder or Niinimaa (money) Perez or Kosty O'Byrne for Forsberg and Eager, I think he is that tough guy for the Flyers.

Then Souray and Aebisher for Vishnovski.

The habs really need a leader and some players who will show up every game.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris, you're right... this isn't just one game, this is a symptom of something worse. I think this team kind of overachieved for most of the season (masked by a fine goalie and an effective powerplay, ie. Souray+Kovalev) and is coming down to earth.

I liken it to a team who finds themselves if 1st place but has a negative GF/GA differential (like the Canucks) - it just can't last.

Have to disagree with your trade ideas though buddy! That's way too much for Forsberg.

(...)

Until this team gets some real leadership and players who care about big games and winning they'll keep falling down the standings.

(...)

What? We may be losing, yes, but to say the Habs have no real leadership is blasphemous. The Habs have a bad day and the Koivu bashers emerge.

well No it isn't just 1 game, they have been under 500 over there last 10 -12 games. Another No show in the first. Hey, i am still wondering why everyone still ONLY bashes the second line, How about that top line, minus 6 again, what are they like minus 25 for the year. How about everyone's top D men, Souray and Rivet, minus 4, nice effort.

I think the Tom Petty song says it all "Free Falling". Right down the standings. Until this team gets some real leadership and players who care about big games and winning they'll keep falling down the standings.

I hope BG reads the thread today:

Pleks, Ryder or Niinimaa (money) Perez or Kosty O'Byrne for Forsberg and Eager, I think he is that tough guy for the Flyers.

Then Souray and Aebisher for Vishnovski.

So lets deal one of our best leaders, and then make another deal to get a guy who barely plays?

Well Canajun, i look at like this, Kosty in all honestly really has shown much in his time up, I like Perez but he can be replaced, they would definitely need to move salary to get him, but those 2 guys would toughen up the team, and Forsberg is leader, you may also be able to get him 1 more year if he does well. Don't think it will happen but i can dream.

As for Koivu, why shoulsn't he be up for criticism, evryone else is bashed on this board when they play poorly, he is on a line a team worst minus 25 or something.

Everyone should be accountable.

Souray will be gone next year anyway, Vishnovski is almost equal in pints but a far better skater, he will cost 2 mill next year.

As for Koivu, why shoulsn't he be up for criticism, evryone else is bashed on this board when they play poorly, he is on a line a team worst minus 25 or something.

You were questionning Koivu's leadership, not his playing ability. His playing ability can and should be open to criticism, along with everyone else's on the team, but to doubt his leadership... no.

I was actually criticizing the rest of the teams leadership, sorry for the confusion. I have always supported his leadership, Koivu and Markov's record when they are out of the line up is brutal. No one else makes a difference for this team. That's part of the problem.

Hopefully everyone is a little calmer now that this game is over. As far as I am concerned "It never happened" (This game of course) :rolleyes:

The current lineup will probably stay intact until next season. I do not see much cap money available and there will be guys looking for contracts next year that will not be getting them. I do like the depth on the farm team of forwards waiting for their chance next year and I am excited at the prospects over the next three to four years.

Rome has not burned to the ground and this humiliation should be used as a rallying cry to play more effectively like they did earlier in the season. Best way is to confuse the competition by doing at least one thing new or different each game and that is not all that hard to do.

In the end, I think the "Habs Rule" so bring on the next game!

Carbonneau is pissed (he better be) and imposed a curfew tonight.

http://www.canada.com/montrealgazette/news...b19&k=97767

I'd rather give them an extra workout..

tonight..

100276794_548c83c4eb_m.jpg

goal line to blue line and back,

goal line to red line and back,

goal line to opposite blue line and back,

goal line to opposite goal line and back..

and again..

again..

..again.. :angry:

How interesting. I get slated a few days ago for strongly suggesting the team start making changes, because 5 on 5 we are absurdly bad; we have gaping holes all through the line-up; we live on the PP and goaltending and if either do not show up we lose; we cannot beat any of the teams below us; etc. etc. Then it was 'Don't panic', 'We're really good', 'Rough patch', '4th in Conference', 'Virus', 'Bandwagon', 'You know nothing about hockey', ad nauseum.

We just lost 8-3 to the Sens. Does that register anything? We have recently lost to the Panthers, Lightning, Bruins, Rangers, Sens, all teams behind us in the standings. But I'm sure this is a really good team - hey, we're 4th in the conference half-way through the season! Must mean we'll finish there, because, er, we've won the most Cups.

The team started great. Kudos - it is now a cushion we are falling back on. The team is poor, they have been figured out & they are in need of a change. Bob is a patient man, and I think he was waiting until the break to take a good look and try to assess who is weak and who was having a poor stretch. There must be a pretty clear picture in his mind after the last three weeks or so. I don't know if it is trades, or call-ups, but something has to give.

Like sbhatt says, this is a team loss all the way down the line. Time to take a good look at this team.

The good - the curfew. I like it. In a mother hen way.

The bad - we're still sucky on 5 on 5 and this is pretty much a team that we could easily face. I am scared that we are slowly becoming anti-playoff material.

Well, I was part of the shameful contigent at the Scotiabank Place tonight, and I deserve credit for sitting through that whole game. The entire team (save maybe Aebi and Murray) played like crap, but I think the Habs deserved better than their 8-3 fate.

I hope this might be the wake-up call we needed, or else this is gonna be a painful spiral out of a playoff position. I have faith in the boys, but for good reason, I'm getting pretty concerned.

:hlogo:

I'm glad I worked OT today so I didn't have to watch this pile of puke/

Oh well, hopefully they'll shake it off and come up with a better effort on Monday at Detroit. Cause if they don't come up with a better effort against Detroit, its going to be a similar game

I'm glad I worked OT today so I didn't have to watch this pile of puke/

Oh well, hopefully they'll shake it off and come up with a better effort on Monday at Detroit. Cause if they don't come up with a better effort against Detroit, its going to be a similar game

Bet you're glad that OT shift came up ;)

Congrats on your 2000th post, kaos.

GO HABS GO!

oh wait, too late

I'll take the blame for this loss. Forgot the game was at 2:00 and didn't set the PVR to record in time. Missed the first three goals. If I miss recording any part of any game, they lose. I'll be more responsible next time.

Please be gentle when you beat me.