I'm thrilled the Sens gave us a beating!

markierung

I'm thrilled the Sens gave us a beating!!!

Now don't get me wrong, i'm a uge HABS fan who's loyal to the team. But now, Carbo finally has the power to make any radical change he wants.

When we were winning, he coulldn't make any changes with problem lines because the media might have reacted badly. But now thatit's evident that something isn't working, he'll finally have enough reason to make the drastic changes that could fix the team.

ex: Kovalev playing with Koivu etc.

Waht do u guys think

I'm thrilled the Sens gave us a beating!!!

Now don't get me wrong, i'm a uge HABS fan who's loyal to the team. But now, Carbo finally has the power to make any radical change he wants.

When we were winning, he coulldn't make any changes with problem lines because the media might have reacted badly. But now thatit's evident that something isn't working, he'll finally have enough reason to make the drastic changes that could fix the team.

ex: Kovalev playing with Koivu etc.

Waht do u guys think

I think we need a shake up. I like our current third line, but let's change around the 2nd and first lines. They both aren't working and haven't been consistently working for at least 5 games (in the case of the 1st line) or all season in the case of hte second line....

PLEASE Carbo, never mind the media, most of them are probably begging you to make changes anyway, just make whatever changes are needed!

What "radical" changes can Carbo make? His roster options are still limited by the salary cap so he can't call up or send down anyone he wants. All he can do is shuffle the lines and hope one gels.

"Radical" change would be to scratch a few guys, or send down someone to the AHL for a while. Wont happen.

The problem is: the players all "save" themselves with one good night every now and then. Take Ryder for example: sucks 3 games out of 4, but that 1 where he does well he gets 2 goals or something.

Did anyone expect the Habs to be as good whole season? Come on it's not real.

Everything is working well, thay are on the way to a home advantage in the playoffs and they only thing that hasn't worked well during the season so far is the second line.

My belief it that Montreal need a player that know Kovalev and Samsonov. Russians play a kind of game that other Europeans and North Americans don't always understand. When it works it's poetry but when it doesn't it's dissaster. Both Samsonov and Kovalev has all the skills needed they just need someone in between that can set them up. Sergei Fedorov would be the wet dream but I'll doubt the Jackets would even dream of letting him go.

I think we need to see Sammy on Koivu's wing for a bunch of games - the pattern of the last few years has been that when we've had a forward break out (or start scoring the long overdue goals in Sammy's case) it's usually sparked by Koivu's playmaking. Ryder, Higgins, etc.

This is not the end of the world, even good teams take a beating like this from time to time, you just take it as a signal that it's time to make some adjustments. It's pretty obvious at this point that our 5 on 5 play has to improve, and I don't think this necessarily gives Carbo the sudden power to juggle lines (he's been doing it since before the flu bug hit us), but it will hopefully make it easier to get through to (some) of his players.

Edited by redondo

Did anyone expect the Habs to be as good whole season? Come on it's not real.

Everything is working well, thay are on the way to a home advantage in the playoffs and they only thing that hasn't worked well during the season so far is the second line.

My belief it that Montreal need a player that know Kovalev and Samsonov. Russians play a kind of game that other Europeans and North Americans don't always understand. When it works it's poetry but when it doesn't it's dissaster. Both Samsonov and Kovalev has all the skills needed they just need someone in between that can set them up. Sergei Fedorov would be the wet dream but I'll doubt the Jackets would even dream of letting him go.

Heaven forbid they be good all season, they don't get paid enough to actually try ALL season! 4 wins in our last 11 games, how does that make you feel? Sure some of them were lost due to flu but that flu excuse is gone now and this is the sort of effort we get? No thanks.

They aren't on their way to home advantage they are on their way to fighting for 8th. Kovalev and Samsonov should be split up end of story, put one on the first line, move Lats to the fourth line and put Perezhogin on the second line. Perez really should be getting more ice time and scoring chances seeing as how he is the fastest player on the team.

This sort of effort wont win us anything for the rest of this month as they are all top notch teams we are playing. This will be a make or break couple weeks.

If you think the only thing wrong is the lack of scoring from the second line, you need to watch a few more games.

1. There's not enough offence coming at full strength.
  2. They're allowing way too many shots against, and therefore relying on goaltending to keep them in games until they can get their power play chances.
  3. They have no 5-on-5 puck possession game, and therefore are letting the opposition set the pace of the game.
  4. They have way too much trouble clearing the defensive zone when under intense pressure.
  5. They aren't nearly physical enough in their own zone.
  6. They are often late to retrieve loose pucks and too often unable to win battles along the boards.
If not for the much improved penalty killing this season, we'd be right where we were last season, fighting to keep a playoff spot. Huet's been the team MVP so far this season, and the players have to realize that history is starting to repeat itself, and they have time to change their game. They must start winning games themselves and winning them going away. And yesterday afternoon, they were witness to how they have to start winning. Get the opposition early, and don't let up.

my point is that now that we took a beating from inside the division, Carbo can do whatever he wants without any bitching from the players

ex: Samsonov bitched when he was put on the fourth and Kovalev has probably been bitching about every Center he has played with thus far

To be honest, I expected them to lose a game or two in the WAKE of the stomach flu. One trap that most of us fall into when ill is that we get excited by the return of our strength, press too hard, and realize - WHOA, I've still got a ways to go. You don't rebound from a major-league bout of puking/diarrhea overnight. That surely has to be considered when we evaluate the non-effort last night.

ex: Samsonov bitched when he was put on the fourth and Kovalev has probably been bitching about every Center he has played with thus far

I got to agree with that. I hate them because of that, Kovalev in going to be bitch about every center he plays with because he doesn't want to make the team think hes doing bad, he wants to put the blame on others. Samsonov is just an idiot, if you get put on the fourth line, prove that you wroth playing on the second, I hate these kinds of players who think they can make the team win on their own.

Nothing good comes out of a loss as it is just 2 points that got away.

I know I am glad they are as high in the standings as they are right now. If they can start another winning streak then their shot at making the playoffs gets better. I don't think there will be any changes as they strangled themselves with those contracts to Koivu, Samsonov and Kovalev. These are the guys that have to deliver wins and to not rely entirely on Huet and Aiebby.

Quite honestly I am never thrilled when my team takes a beating. It shows one of many things....either your not good enough to play with them, which is fine, you can always get better. Or it shows you just weren't trying...which is not good, because at some point your going to get lazy and stop trying again.

I hope nobody on here is happy that the Habs took a beating...its disgusting....and the better play better tomorrow night

Well except for Buffalo I believe every team has lost but 4 or more goals at least once this season. So it is not the be all and end all but OneSharpMarble is right 4 wins in 11 games is not good. Not every team has done that especially the top ones.

THe Canadiens needs a change, but Ch_NL Fedorov would be a nightmare and the JAckets would love to trade him for almost anything. He has a 6mil contract NEXT SEASON, so unless the Habs were sure they could trade him in the summer it would be a terrible move.

Excellent points Rob Rock, this team is starting to look alot like it has over the past 10 years. I think the big difference now is the coaching staff and GM are not going anywhere, it's time for the players to put up or get out of town.

The only other point i would add to your list is they are a pretty lazy bunch as a whole, i think i have seen 5 or 6 60 minute games this year. What is up with not showing up in the first, even though they beat Philly, they were totally outplayed in the first by the worst team in hockey.

JMMR, i think the moves need to be made is getting dead wood off the team. I would rather watch young players trying and losing then lazy play.

Its always good when a team has the #### beaten out of them. (unless its over and over again). But it will always knock some sense back into the game and they will come out in their next game not wanting to let down the team/ fans.

I think we need to see Sammy on Koivu's wing for a bunch of games - the pattern of the last few years has been that when we've had a forward break out (or start scoring the long overdue goals in Sammy's case) it's usually sparked by Koivu's playmaking. Ryder, Higgins, etc.

Totally agreed. Let's try them together for at least five games and see what happens. PLEASE break up Kovy and Sammy whatever else you do.

I found it interesting that after the brutal practice that Carbo put them through yesterday, Higgins commented that it was over due.

I suspect that Carbo has been reluctant to play the heavy on these guys, but now that he has started, it will be easier for him next time. Perhaps he held off due to the flu, but it is definitely time for Carbo to make it clear that a lack of effort will be punished.

I found it interesting that after the brutal practice that Carbo put them through yesterday, Higgins commented that it was over due.

I suspect that Carbo has been reluctant to play the heavy on these guys, but now that he has started, it will be easier for him next time. Perhaps he held off due to the flu, but it is definitely time for Carbo to make it clear that a lack of effort will be punished.

true. if the players are expecting to be punished, then it's proof that they should have been punished sooner. Of course, the flu messed everything up, but I hope he's really tough with them for a while. Scotty Bowman wasn't nice either, and look at everything he accomplished...

true. if the players are expecting to be punished, then it's proof that they should have been punished sooner. Of course, the flu messed everything up, but I hope he's really tough with them for a while. Scotty Bowman wasn't nice either, and look at everything he accomplished...

I once saw an interview with a guy from Detroit (forget the player). He was asked how Scotty ran a practice after a bad game. He involuntarily winced....

I think that said it all. B)

As much as my stomach hates it I do have to admit that this might be what they needed. It's one thing to be complacent and lose by a goal or 2. The players in those situations probably can rationalize the loss to themselves and the media.

You hear things like, "it was an encouraging defeat" or "We played hard and lost by one goal, but we had 39 shots".

Or, whatever the excuse is.

Then a team loses 8-3.

There is no complacency. There is really no viable excuse. They soiled the bed and they know it.

I'd rather be destroyed in 1 game and have them wake up than to have four 1 goal loses and silly head scratching.

Totally agreed. Let's try them together for at least five games and see what happens. PLEASE break up Kovy and Sammy whatever else you do.

Koivu and Samsonov are both playmakers though. May not work out.

Sammy is a playmaker? I must have missed all those setups he made this season. :)

Sammy is a goal scorer, or at least he was. He needs to start shooting the puck, not farting around trying to deke himself out of a scoring opportunity.

Putting him with Koivu with the instructions of "shoot when I get it to you, regardless of where you are" will get him scoring, and hopefully, get him some confidence back.

Sammy is a playmaker? I must have missed all those setups he made this season. :)

Sammy is a goal scorer, or at least he was. He needs to start shooting the puck, not farting around trying to deke himself out of a scoring opportunity.

um... yes, he is a playmaker. Whatever, though.

Playmaker? then why didnt you tell Bob ... Poor Bobby he got screwed thinking he got a potential 30 goal scorer

Playmaker? then why didnt you tell Bob ... Poor Bobby he got screwed thinking he got a potential 30 goal scorer

Samsonov is a great talent. He can make great passes and score nice goals but he does have a weak shot.