Kovalev not interested in returning to Montreal,

bobby

Kovalev gave an interview with one of the local French players in which he said that he doesn't want to come back unless there are changes on the team.

Don't let the DOOR HIT YOUR ASS, ALEX!!! :clap:

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually it is a translation of an interview for Soviet Sport. As translated and reported by Radio Canada. Not the same interview that caused all the fuss back when, but essentially he says the same things. Whining about his ice time and the way he was used.

I heard that "Kovalev" is the Russian word for "Ropeadope", can anyone confirm that? :rolleyes: His possum act caught up to him this season, he was crap right to the bitter end when he probably cost the team their playoff spot with that half assed bonehead play against the Leafs at the end of the second period in the final game.

As much as I despised Brisebois, I think that Kovalev will go down and my least favorite Canadien of all time.

No link = garbage to the curb type thread

rds

I don't know if I believe all the stuff about kovalev but out of quantity some of them will be true.

now if he really wants to go, he just need to go to gainey and say: I want out, I retire. and everybody will be happy.

Looks like Kovalev wasn't that happy after all playing on the 4th line with Lapierre & Latendresse near the end of the season.

http://www.habsinsideout.com/2007/04/koval...ontroversial_h/

What a joke!

How about starting Kovalev and Samsonov in Hamilton this year. I'm sure Kovy can earn a spot on the second line there. :rolleyes:

IT would be nice if somebody would take Kovalev off Gainey's hands.....

And another reference to Carbonneau's communication abilities (or lack thereof). Although he seems comfortable with the kids, it seems he doesn't know how to handle the established stars.

Hopefully both Kovalev and Carbonneau bounce back next year...

Who cares what Kovalev thinks about Carbo's communication ability. He is being paid 4.5 million and he has all the talent in the world and all he does is complain.

Hey Alex, shut up, play hard and you'll get your ice time. If you don't like it, leave.

I am so sick of millionare whinners when they don't get there way.

If he played as hard as he complains he might be pretty good.

Poor communication ability eh?

Not sure how well French translates into Russian and vice versa, hehe.

he just doesnt want to face the facts

you suck, you sit down.

when did kovalev earn the rights to complain all the time??

is there something I din't see this season ??

Kovalev is hurting the team again even if he is not playing by making comments when he should shut up.

If he asked for a trade how much value can we get for him if he saying he wants out of Montreal ?? Nothing like Samsonov.

The Habs should be the first team to do one thing. Take the player in court for intentionnally lowering is value for the team.

It's kind of funny how the vets, core are complaining about Carbo. Why, I think i have a reason because for years they were allowed to get away with lazy, half a$$ed efforts and the only consequence was the coaches getting fired. The players always got a pass. Even the fans, media and posters here gave all the players passes.

Well guess what, now they have a coach that isn't going anywhere and he has high expectations and won't put up with the non sense that has been going on for years.

3 playoffs in 8 years or something, that is pathetic.

Time for the players to shut up and play hard. If not, go somewhere else.

fool me once...

man... I was the biggest Kovalev supporter coming into the season and the guy just comes and spitting all over my fandom.

I'm pretty sure I'm done with this guy.

Edited by simonus

Makes me wonder how fraudulent the first interview was...

This is not the team for Kovalev...unfortunately no one will take his contract off our hands. :(

Edited by cfposi