Game Thread | Montreal vs. Carolina | 10/03/07

Spider-Man NL

We have 2 TV set up in same room, Habs annd Sens games on. Last minute of game, defensive turn over in our zone, grumble about it under my breath. Wife says"Let me guess, Breezeby?" Just like old times.......

Note to Guy, never in last 2 minutes close or semi close game, and never in OT. I have seen it and so have you over the years. Other than that he played well, as usual fine except for the occassional brain fart....

Streit's goal was a beauty and Saks stole the show.

Hope we bring the same effort every night.

Go Habs

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A major point Id like to make, and I could be wrong cuz I didnt see the game only heard it but were still not scoring on the 5 on 5.

:hlogo:

I walked in 5-6 minutes into the second. After the Canes 5 on3 the Habs dominated the play. Brisebois looks competent for large stretches then out of nowhere makes inexplicable turnovers. He turned the puck over 3-4 times in his own zone for no reason at all.

Streit was great and it was nice to win a game that they deserved to win. It has not been often in the last 5 years where the Habs outshot somebody by 10.

I agree with everything except the Habs dominating. I'm always very optimistic and even I hated watching them play the first half of the game. Defenceman (I'm looking at you Bouillon) getting beaten down low, wingers fumbling routine passes, sloppy play in general. Even when they had the puck in the Hurricanes zone they seemed to have a lack of cohesion. Streit is definitely the hero of the night, he was better than Markov (and Markov gave his usual performance).

Hamrlik looks very comfortable in the defensive zone. No more of the opposing wingers beating our Souray wide then cutting to the front of the net.

Grabovski made some mistakes but he played well at both ends of the ice and wasn't afraid to dig in the mud - nice job for his first game.

Dandenault does not belong on the wing.

Koivu is a beast.

Kovalev played a great game.

Kostitsyn and Latendresse are scared to get thumped. I hope they loosen up.

Huet played great but I hope Price gets the start against Toronto on Saturday.

I agree with everything except the Habs dominating. I'm always very optimistic and even I hated watching them play the first half of the game. Defenceman (I'm looking at you Bouillon) getting beaten down low, wingers fumbling routine passes, sloppy play in general. Even when they had the puck in the Hurricanes zone they seemed to have a lack of cohesion. Streit is definitely the hero of the night, he was better than Markov (and Markov gave his usual performance).

That describes the first period perfectly. It was BRUTAL.

Well when you are used to watching 4 of the 6 d-men running around like chickens with their heads cut off, and get out shot regualrly. I consider outshooting the 30-18 and spending 70% of the time in their zone dominant. They controlled the Canes

pretty well in the second half and outchanched them 3 to 1.

I also did not watch the first, so the bad taste was not in my mouth. :)

OTTAWA TIES IT AT 3!!

Edited by Wamsley01

Kovalev played a great game.

You know thinking about it, by watching Kovalev closely, i think we can agree he didn't pull out a ton of stick handling magic tonight. What he did do, was keep his game simple and to the point. No one can deny his magic hands, probably the best in the NHL, but sometimes he gets too carried away with the magic, and tonight he kept his game simpler. He did dish out the magic every now and then, but by keeping his game simpler, he was prone to fewer mistakes.

I'm cautiously optimistic, but i see a lot of potential here.

On a side note, i'd like to point out that

Kovy - Grabs - Big ####

Spells out KGB.

Coincidence?

You know thinking about it, by watching Kovalev closely, i think we can agree he didn't pull out a ton of stick handling magic tonight. What he did do, was keep his game simple and to the point. No one can deny his magic hands, probably the best in the NHL, but sometimes he gets too carried away with the magic, and tonight he kept his game simpler. He did dish out the magic every now and then, but by keeping his game simpler, he was prone to fewer mistakes.

I'm cautiously optimistic, but i see a lot of potential here.

On a side note, i'd like to point out that

Kovy - Grabs - Big ####

Spells out KGB.

Coincidence?

Nice, 2 wicked line names in one thread. Nice job. :clap:

I think somebody will steal that in the media.

Toronto PP....shit

Edited by Wamsley01

sens laffs I hate them both so much that a tie is my preference :lol:

sorry about that I seem to be repeating myself

I completely agree. Only problem is that there are no more ties, and OT gives both team extra points. Best case scenario is a win for the road team... Keep the fans annoyed in both cities ;)

I completely agree. Only problem is that there are no more ties, and OT gives both team extra points. Best case scenario is a win for the road team... Keep the fans annoyed in both cities ;)

sens win in ot i guess it's the best we could hope for :rolleyes: :hlogo:

sens win in ot i guess it's the best we could hope for :rolleyes: :hlogo:

NICE..HAHA I loooooooooathe the Maple Leafs. Maybe I will tune into Leafs TV to watch the pissing and moaning

Great start to the season

Back to back (including preseason) games for havs with40 shots!!!

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!

The Hockey News will be speechless because they had us as 13th in the east!

Did you know:

Montreal has won the opener of the season 46 times, and of those 46 times, we go on to make the playoffs 43 times!

And you can make it 47 now and hopefully, 44!

Did you know:

Montreal has won the opener of the season 46 times, and of those 46 times, we go on to make the playoffs 43 times!

And you can make it 47 now and hopefully, 44!

Wow, that is a meaningless stat :) But I am fine with it