Game Thread | Hurricanes vs. Canadiens | 10/13/07

Spider-Man NL

The Canes are backchecking and forechecking like madmen. Lose pucks will be gained by the attacker. Notice how they are aligned all defensively, resulting in a good counter attack? 5 players hovering close to each other in the neutral zone? They're playing in tight. There is no time for fancy one timers unless by chance it presents itself for us. Habs have to got some mustard going. Carolina is using a double team (2 on 1/puck) approach. We've got to drive to the net and get goin' here!

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus they need to stop taking so many damn stupid penalties. It's killing their momentum and it allows opponents to score goals.

I'm wondering why the linesman felt the need to mention that he hadn't seen the Habs in two years. Surely you don't think an unbiased official would hold a grudge against a team or it coach, do you? :unsure:

I am amongst those who believe that the refs/linesmen really hate Carbo and punish him through the team.

I am amongst those who believe that the refs/linesmen really hate Carbo and punish him through the team.

I totally agree, or else they are jealous of are 24 cups and don't want us to get another.

He didn't throw it. He dropped it after it made contact with his body.

I know that, but considering the craptastic quality officiating tonight, I figured one of the two blind mice might have wanted to get in a late one.

Well, thats all she wrote. Once again, team fails to show up until its too late. Combine that with crappy reffing and you are not going to win too many games.

On the bright side, I was happy with Brisbois and Huet. They stood out to me for having good games. I would give props to a few others, but effort in the last 4 minutes isn't enough.