Game Thread | Thrashers d'Atlanta vs. Canadiens de Montréal | 10/30/07

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be interesting to see the lines on Thursday considering how much shifting around Carbo seemed to do in the last period today. I would bet a lot of money that Kostitsyn is back in the lineup though, my money is on Ryder or Latendresse checking it out from the pressbox.

Kovy was good in shootouts last year, but struggles this year.

Anyways, we have what we deserve: 1 point.

Thank to our PP.

Edit: geolink I like your signature so much !

Edited by Punkned

They had no business taking a point there. I hope that a lesson was learned tonight.

How can a guy like Kovalev be so ineffective on shootouts?

Tries to do too much? Too fancy? I wish he'd shoot, but even then he'd probably try to bank it off 3 posts and a ref before having it go in.

Price definitely stole a point tonite. Looks like Ryder was benced and Lats moved down. Would love to see Kostits have a shot with Higgins and Koivu thursday. Don't know if i'd bench Ryder or just move him down to the 3rd line. Tough play by Gorges on Atlanta's 2nd goal. Hopefully that doesn't kill his confidence.

Tries to do too much? Too fancy? I wish he'd shoot, but even then he'd probably try to bank it off 3 posts and a ref before having it go in.

Yeah like that Gretzky commercial. Off the scoreboard, crossbar, both posts, nothing but net.

The guy has such a great shot, he should do what Kovalchuk does, just drill it

There you guys go, blaming Kovalev and pouring on the hate, forgetting that he scored a goal and assisted the second, keeping us in the game. He only narrowly missed his shoot-out attempt.

I'm amazed you guys are hating on him. We owe our 1-pt to Kovalev (and Higgins, Price, as well as solid work by Hamrlik, etc.)

There you guys go, blaming Kovalev and pouring on the hate, forgetting that he scored a goal and assisted the second, keeping us in the game. He only narrowly missed his shoot-out attempt.

I'm amazed you guys are hating on him. We owe our 1-pt to Kovalev (and Higgins, Price, as well as solid work by Hamrlik, etc.)

You know it cat claw!

yah for sure... Kovalev was one of the best players on the ice yet again for this team. Hard to believe it, but he's been the most consistent player thus far this year.

Who is hating on Kovy? I just don't understand why a guy of that skill has trouble in the shootout.

4/10 not bad, but with his shot and the way he can put the puck on a string, I would expect him to be more devestating.

Edited by Wamsley01

Who is hating on Kovy? I just don't understand why a guy of that skill has trouble in the shootout.

that quick backhand deke is one of the trickiest moves to nail, lots of mediocre players cant even lift it. Kovalev is just missing by inches, whereas last season he was nailing it most of the time, he just needs to just sit down and practice it a bit more to get his touch back, or try going to the forehand more.

that quick backhand deke is one of the trickiest moves to nail, lots of mediocre players cant even lift it. Kovalev is just missing by inches, whereas last season he was nailing it most of the time, he just needs to just sit down and practice it a bit more to get his touch back, or try going to the forehand more.

But he has 4-5 moves he can go to. He seems to use the same 2-3 all the time.

Yeah and when he scores those 3-4 times we're talking about him for a different reason. Needless debate here..

Glad we got that point though, because as stated many a time we did not really deserve it. Then again, I don't really feel as though Atlanta deserved it either regardless of the amount of shots they had.

A worrisome game, because if you combine it with the Pittsburgh effort, you can see bad habits creeping back in. Reliance on the PP. Sloppiness in our own end. Getting outshot. Playing one strong period. Etc., etc.

I had some worries that they were getting rewarded a little too generously for their newly-found hard work and discipline, what with all the goals against Boston, Carolina and Pittsburgh. When that happens teams tend to start coasting - on their power play, on a single great move by Kovalev, or whatever - and then we're right back in the same old crapper.

Hopefully what we saw tonight was just first-game-back-from-the-road-trip rust. I cannot stomach another season of on-again off-again effort and lack of commitment and focus. :puke:

A worrisome game, because if you combine it with the Pittsburgh effort, you can see bad habits creeping back in. Reliance on the PP. Sloppiness in our own end. Getting outshot. Playing one strong period. Etc., etc.

I had some worries that they were getting rewarded a little too generously for their newly-found hard work and discipline, what with all the goals against Boston, Carolina and Pittsburgh. When that happens teams tend to start coasting - on their power play, on a single great move by Kovalev, or whatever - and then we're right back in the same old crapper.

Hopefully what we saw tonight was just first-game-back-from-the-road-trip rust. I cannot stomach another season of on-again off-again effort and lack of commitment and focus. :puke:

I have the exact same worries. Tonight was a huge game in the development of this team. It was definitely a disappointing effort.

They stole back the point they gave up to Florida. Let's hope they find their A game for Philadelphia on Thursday.

It is so frustrating to watch this team when they are on and you can see the potential and skill on the team in games like Boston and Carolina.

Then to come out tonight is really heartbreaking for the fans. I thought Kovalev looked great again which is really promising.

Let's not get too discouraged by one subpar effort. Habs are still doing well overall.

Keep your chins up!

I agree, they had won four in a row before tonight. If they win 4 for every 1 they lose we will be in good shape. :clap:

Two Atlanta goals should never have happened due to defenseman rushing to move a puck or not knowing how to take care of a puck.

I say Montreal deserved a point as they did have multiple chances to score but alas the puck would not go in the net. I got really mad on the second Thrasher goal and turned the tv off for 3 minutes, don't know what I missed and don't care. At least I was no longer mad and had my game face back on...(Like that helps ^_^ )

Energy and speed was there; not scoring a couple of goals to bury the thrash was what hurt the team....

Go Habs!!!