Game Thread | Montreal vs. Maple Leafs | 11/13/07

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching Komi pull off that breakaway goal, with a huge smile on his face and seeing Higgins come in and jump him to congratulate him, glowing smile on his face, followed by everyone else... just brings a tear to my eye. ;)

:hlogo:

Edited by Cataclaw

mahn imagine had the leaf won, Carbo would have had to explain why he had Kovalev on the bench and two defencemen out for the 3 on 3, i mean it would have been brutal the treatment here on the forum, in the Mtl media.

BUT, little did we know Komisarek is Bobby Orr!!!!!!!

So when does the "Komasarek = Next Paul COffee LOL!!!!111" thread come out?

LOL, Komi would need a jet pack to skate like Coffey..

Still, the last time I called a guy cement hands he also scored..

So lets hope Michael "Cement Hands" Ryder gets one next. :)

Watching Komi pull off that breakaway goal, with a huge smile on his face and seeing Higgins come in and jump him to congratulate him, glowing smile on his face, followed by everyone else... just brings a tear to my eye. ;)

I couldn't agree more. I almost shed a tear!!! My boy scored, my boy scored!!! :clap::clap::D

Even though the refs once again made things difficult, we come away with 2 points, that we should not have had. 40 god damn shots on Price. Luckily he was sharp tonight! we can all thank 5 players. Price, Kovy, Plex, K-####, and komisarek. The rest did nothing!

The only people that are to blame for the effort tonight are the players. They took a ton of lazy penalties, did not bring any speed in transition and allowed the Leafs to dictate the pace. The Leafs live off forecheck turnovers and cycling down low. That was what happened ALL GAME.

Price was great, he had no chance on any of those goals and was stoic as usual.

Payback for the 4 points the Leafs did not earn in the first 2.

I can't believe I just saw Komisarek strip the puck at the blueline, skate like the wind down ice, put a little move on Raycroft and score...Even though I am very angry because of the poor play tonight, I have the largest shit eating grin on my face.

I haven't screamed, "YEEEAAAAHHHHH" that loud in a long time.

I can't believe I just saw Komisarek strip the puck at the blueline, skate like the wind down ice, put a little move on Raycroft and score...Even though I am very angry because of the poor play tonight, I have the largest shit eating grin on my face.

It was a pleasurable result from a lazy effort :clap::lol:

Edited by Wamsley01

We played a terrible game but that was one of the greatest endings to a game I can remember. I can't think of a funnier person than Komisarek to have scored that goal.

The only people that are to blame for the effort tonight are the players. They took a ton of lazy penalties, did not bring any speed in transition and allowed the Leafs to dictate the pace. The Leafs live off forecheck turnovers and cycling down low. That was what happened ALL GAME.

I'm not saying that our boys didnT, deserve the penalties they got, i'm saying that once again, when the Leaves deserve a penalty, the refs seem to put the whistle away!

So did I, I thikn i woke up the neighbors!

We played a terrible game but that was one of the greatest endings to a game I can remember. I can't think of a funnier person than Komisarek to have scored that goal.

The best part was he was alone from his own blue line and he made Raycroft look like the sieve he is

Can't help but wonder if Komi looked down the bench at Michael 'Useless' Ryder and thought to himself "Well, that bum isn't scoring any goals...so I guess I'll pick up my share of his slack."

Price was great, he had no chance on any of those goals and was stoic as usual.

Payback for the 4 points the Leafs did not earn in the first 2.

Markov was unusually rattled tonight too. I have never seen him like it before. He looked angry all game long! I don't know why but it was kind of amusing to me. The poor guy is always a rock!

:wacko: I'm not so sure about that one.

Oh come on... yes, the 2nd line stole the show, and full props to Kovalev, Kostitsyn and Plekanec -- well done. But Koivu and friends still generated an awful lot of scoring chances; they just didn't convert at all. It's like the luck faery has that line on its black list, with Ryder way at the top.

Edited by Cataclaw

I'm not saying that our boys didnT, deserve the penalties they got, i'm saying that once again, when the Leaves deserve a penalty, the refs seem to put the whistle away!

I don't like to blame refs. I am used to these type of calls in Toronto

That was nice, wasn't it? Higgins will never be accused of lacking passion for winning.

Hey.. in all our praise, let's not forget the true star of the game.. McCabe.

If only the habs could make passes like that.. right on the tape...

I loved how Komi looked back as he went into the leaf zone and realized he was ALL Alone!

Markov was unusually rattled tonight too. I have never seen him like it before. He looked angry all game long! I don't know why but it was kind of amusing to me. The poor guy is always a rock!

Yeah, Markov was really bad tonight. It happens I guess. Lets hope he responds with a good one on Friday. It will be nice to get another 2 before heading home.

Oh come on... yes, the 2nd line stole the show, and full props to Kovalev, Kostitsyn and Plekanec -- well done. But Koivu and friends still generated an awful lot of scoring chances; they just didn't convert at all. It's like the luck faery has that line on its black list, with Ryder way at the top.

Koivu and Higgins were decent....Ryder is dragging them down. He's useless on at least 50% of his shifts. Not just being snakebitten when shooting either...I mean completely failing to do anything productive around half of the time he spends on the ice.

Coulda been that puck to the face, or maybe he's a vikings fan still sore over sunday.

Yeah, Markov was really bad tonight. It happens I guess. Lets hope he responds with a good one on Friday. It will be nice to get another 2 before heading home.

If anyone deserves a pass after having a bad game, it's him.