Game Thread | Boston vs. Habs | 11/17/07

Spider-Man NL

A great gamee to watch. since I was tough on them after buffalo I'll give them credit for showing up and playing hard. Let's hope friday was a bump in the road not Saturday. Since I have been critical of Ryder he definitely played his best game. The defensive zone was off again last night. They easily could have scored 10 goals

Lets give some praise to Gorges, the first player to stand up for a goalie this year. Kosty and Kosto also for standing up. This is a game why you need a real goon on your team. you can't have people running at your best young players. They need saomeone who mean, nasty and can actually win a fight. I'm tired of the young players getting thrown around like rag dolls.

I am interested to see which team sjows up Monday.

they should send Latendresse to boxing lessons in the off season. Komi should go too.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A great gamee to watch. since I was tough on them after buffalo I'll give them credit for showing up and playing hard. Let's hope friday was a bump in the road not Saturday. Since I have been critical of Ryder he definitely played his best game. The defensive zone was off again last night. They easily could have scored 10 goals

Lets give some praise to Gorges, the first player to stand up for a goalie this year. Kosty and Kosto also for standing up. This is a game why you need a real goon on your team. you can't have people running at your best young players. They need saomeone who mean, nasty and can actually win a fight. I'm tired of the young players getting thrown around like rag dolls.

I am interested to see which team sjows up Monday.

I agree. It got ridiculous near the end, and the Habs had nobody to respond in kind. It just allows the other team to run around with no fear of reprecussion.

Teams regularly run the goalie and when Kostitsyn has to drop the mitts there is a problem. That type of situation should result in Kessel and Savard being scared

shitless to take their next shift.

Julien looked more like Therrien last night.

On another note, I haaaaaaaate Aaron Ward and his whining. I love the fact that Bouillion knocked his ass silly. I hope Ward drops the gloves with him, Cube is a lot tougher than he looks.

Good Morning boys. I was at the Bell Centre last night. What a game!!!

The crowd definitely got under Chara's skin. Everytime he touched the puck, he was booed. Everytime he went back to his bench, fans behind the Bruins bench would stand up and give him s.h.i.t..

The Atmosphere at the Bell Centre was incredible...as usual!

The only problem with being at the game was i missed the whole Muller vs the Ref vs Julien incident! It was nice to see Muller that pissed off!!

Bégin played his role to perfection. Kostitsyn's goal was perfect. top corner, Thomas had no chance. In the end, everyone left the Arena with a huge smile on their faces!

people on the bruins boards really hate us. I hate the bruins, but I think we are like one step below Yankees on their hate scale.

They really hate Begin and Komisarek... they are apoplectic about Carbo.

Cool.

what is it about us they hate so much? Is it our thuggery and gooning it up? lol

At some point Lats has to stand up and be a man. He is getting less respect in the league then Ribs.

Muller or Carbo had best sit him down. If he wants to chip at people, he better back it up.

I'm the farthest thing there is from a fighting fan, but in Lats' case, either he keeps it only to clean (not borderline, as he has done in the past) checks, or he fights (not too often or anythign, but he yaps an awful lot....)... he's a big guy, and he's getting a rep... not one I want a guy on our team to have...

Holy ***** what a game!!!! Best of the year so far, by far.

:clap::clap::clap:

I'll take more of that please!

I'm the farthest thing there is from a fighting fan, but in Lats' case, either he keeps it only to clean (not borderline, as he has done in the past) checks, or he fights (not too often or anythign, but he yaps an awful lot....)... he's a big guy, and he's getting a rep... not one I want a guy on our team to have...

Fighting Chara took a lot of guts though. Yeah, he got his ass kicked but how many of our other players would have dropped the gloves with him? I bet had the elbow been on Gui, Kovy would have dropped the gloves but I'm not sure who else.

I think in games like these (when it's a blowout) it might be best to let guys like Komisarek and Hamrlik hammer away at people. I wish we still had Souray, he was great at that.

wow.....biggest upset of the year. bruins won't make the playoffs if they keep choking like that. :puke:

why is this jerk on this board he is obviously not a habs fan he does not have a favourite habs for crying out loud complete ban is in order. we got enough negativity on this board and it is hurting the board cause real fans are starting to not post because of all the negative shit. :hlogo:

Edited by habs rule

Kind of late for a comment on the game but better late than during the game and

cheer for the BOOuinrns.

hey have registered 13 shots from Ryder !! I think he understood the message,

witk a little luck he weould have score at least two.

I was bashing him lately but Streit had his best game since a month, playing with Hammer does

help a lot. Great game, i hope he continues this way, rushing to offense and move his legs.

Great game by Chipchura, Latendresse,Kostopolos. This should be considered as our third line

not the fourth.

Smolinski-Dandenault were horrible last night they could have cost us the game at some point but Bégin saved them a lot of times. Especially Smolinski, if he is hurt he should sit, it's not like he

is unreapleacable.

Kots is cruising and it will not stop, too much talent not to explode.

Fighting Chara took a lot of guts though. Yeah, he got his ass kicked but how many of our other players would have dropped the gloves with him? I bet had the elbow been on Gui, Kovy would have dropped the gloves but I'm not sure who else.

I think in games like these (when it's a blowout) it might be best to let guys like Komisarek and Hamrlik hammer away at people. I wish we still had Souray, he was great at that.

I missed Souray for pretty much the first time this season during last night's game. He would have owned any Bruin that would stand in with him.

I didnt think we would need an enforcer, but it couldn't hurt to have one for a few of these divisional games...

true. I just hope he stops yapping so much if he's not gonna back it up... and the hits; he needs to go for big hits without them being borderline dirty... He had a great game though last night from what I hear. I'm not meaning to knock on that game...

about souray, isn't that really the first time you miss him though? Straight up, if you could have Souray vs. Hamr, wouldn't you keep Hamr (considering we can't have both)... In hindsight, I'm not missing souray nearly as much as I thought I would (and I was a pretty big fan)... I thought I'd miss his offense, but we're doing just fine on the PP, and that's basically where he brought it. I don't miss his Defence, I don't miss his transition game, I miss his toughness a little, but I don't really miss his leadership because I think we've got enough of that coming in the form of young blood taking over... We're a better hockey team now without him and with Hamr than we were with him and without Hamr...