Who would you Rather have: Lecavalier or Iginla

markierung

I remember that in the old Sports Illustrated issues, (in their inside hockey section) they used to have these questions and always matched up 2 players from different or the same eras. Figured it would be fun to debate. I'll put one up every so often.

So for this week, who would you rather have : Iginla or Lecavalier

Both are tremendous goal scorers. Both not afraid to drop the gloves. Lecacalier seems to have softer hands, but Iggy puts up great numbers on his own in Calgary.

Personally, i'll go with Iginla as he has proven over the years to be an absolute monster over the years. Also, Lecavalier is great, but it helps to have a guy like St-Louis on his wing.

Iginla has had centers like Conroy and Langkow his whole career.

you never go wrong with a big, talented centre.

that doesnt mean I dont like the other one but lecavalier is better.

Edited by marky_and_komi

Tough choice, as neither has shown great consistency over their careers. Their production seems to fluctuate quite a bit from year to year. Both are tough as nails and willing to drop the gloves. I'd have to go with Vinny, I think. He's bigger and just as mobile and is three years younger.

I agree that Vinny is amazing, but i don't think we forget that Iginla is playing virtually alone in Calgary

Tanguay, Aucoin, Phaneuf, Langkow, Lombardi, Huselius

Thats plenty of support if you ask me and lot more then Lecavalier has with just St.Louis, Prospal and Richards

We almost had Vinny. In the summer of his unrestricted year, he had decided for a day that he was going to sign here. He changed his mind though.

I'd rather have him over Iggy.

I'd take Vinny no question.

As far as I knew, that rumour was unsubstantiated.

Vinny, the all-star Québécois the media, the fans and myself are waiting since always...

continue à attendre, man

it wont happen anytime soon. unless we become a serious contender and he's ufa