Game Thread | Habs vs. Sabres | 11/23/07

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a problem with the #1 situation...specifically, on the power play. Why Ryder continues to get first PP unit time baffles me....valuable seconds are wasted when Ryder is out there screwing up and Kovalev is sitting on the bench.

Despite some technical and mismatch we have the best PP in the league.

If Kovalev and Markov are both on the ice, most of the time it's a goal.

Brisebois cannot keep the pcuk in the zone, cannot shoot hard enough.

Ryder cannot shoot to score.

Still were first but we can be better.

Ryder has been shooting a lot more and looking much better out there. I hope he can start sccoring soon but his last 3 games he has looked dangerous.

I hope the habs can win these two games and lock the season series win in November.

That's right, his shot totals have been through the roof and he'll start potting them eventually. I still don't like him but I can live with him as long as he's shooting.

As for the youtube clip - that's exactly the Michael Ryder I don't want to see. Sure, it's great when he pulls it off but he loses the puck doing that move 7-8 times out of 10.

I have a problem with the #1 situation...specifically, on the power play. Why Ryder continues to get first PP unit time baffles me....valuable seconds are wasted when Ryder is out there screwing up and Kovalev is sitting on the bench.

I hear that - but it appears a fatigue thing works as well. Maybe Carbos' thinking is as follows....you force the o-zone play, get the opposition guys who are killing the penalty worn down - and often no chance for a complete line change, the Kovy gang swaps in (on a short dump out when the opp is trying to relieve the pressure) and runs around the offensive zone freely, pooring it on real heavy. I've noticed this a few times aroung the 1:10 mark to the :35 remaining on the PP. It might sound a bit stretched... but Sak and the newf seam to keep the early part of the PP rolling with no major gaffs...and the goal in a few instances...

GO! :hlogo: GO!

I'll say our worst game of the two will be tonight but we can still pick up 4 points this weekend.

I'm starting to get annoyed with Koivu again. He should copy Kovalev and L-E-A-D by example, by showing desire and intensity. He's been playing way too soft in all 3 zones recently and it really showed tonight on that 4 mins PP.