Game Thread | Habs vs. Bruins | 22/01/08

Cataclaw

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Help!! I'm a new member- I have been visiting this site for a few years; always interested to read what fellow fans have to say. I have joined out of frustration- I'm in Maine and I have the NHL centre ice package on TW Cable. I do not get Versus, so for the 5th or so time this year, despite paying 150 bucks a year to see my Habs, I cannot watch the game. What is even more amusing about this particular game is they are playing the Bruins- the teams market I am in and I still cannot watch! Is there any place I can get a live stream of the game online?? Thanks for any help on this!

Help!! I'm a new member- I have been visiting this site for a few years; always interested to read what fellow fans have to say. I have joined out of frustration- I'm in Maine and I have the NHL centre ice package on TW Cable. I do not get Versus, so for the 5th or so time this year, despite paying 150 bucks a year to see my Habs, I cannot watch the game. What is even more amusing about this particular game is they are playing the Bruins- the teams market I am in and I still cannot watch! Is there any place I can get a live stream of the game online?? Thanks for any help on this!

sopcast

I am sure somebody can drop the site. If not, this board has a good game thread where things are updated almost instantly.

I am a habs fan in T.O., how do the Bruins fans treat you in Boston? Leaf fans don't like me much.

and welcome

Edited by Wamsley01

At least you don't have to listen to a biased opinion with Versus.

exactly. Bruins announcers are horrendous homers.

Versus guys aren't exactly knowledgable, but they are not infuriating.

Engblom understands the tricolore and gives the habs some respect, at least.

I'm still stuck with RDS. they're so bad that they make listening to hockey on the radio sexy.

What's wrong with the guys at RDS? I find that for the most part, they do a pretty good job. Better thatn what those twits over at Radio Can used to do!

is it not on NESN also?

otherwise sopcast or a bar are your only options.

sopcast

I am sure somebody can drop the site. If not, this board has a good game thread where things are updated almost instantly.

I am a habs fan in T.O., how do the Bruins fans treat you in Boston? Leaf fans don't like me much.

and welcome

Actually they tream me fairly well; generally all I hear asked is how it is that I am a fan of the Sox and Patriots but not the Bruins. (Answer to this question is I have been a fan of the Sox and Pats since I was a kid; did not get into hockey until I was in Montreal about 8 years ago on a cold stormy night and thought going to a hockey game seemed like a good idea- found myself following the Habs ever since!) Furthermore, given the recent domination of the Bruins, I suppose there isn't much anyone could say! :P

Actually they tream me fairly well; generally all I hear asked is how it is that I am a fan of the Sox and Patriots but not the Bruins. (Answer to this question is I have been a fan of the Sox and Pats since I was a kid; did not get into hockey until I was in Montreal about 8 years ago on a cold stormy night and thought going to a hockey game seemed like a good idea- found myself following the Habs ever since!) Furthermore, given the recent domination of the Bruins, I suppose there isn't much anyone could say! :P

Well, I am with you with the Habs. ANd I will be voting for the Pats because I hate the Giants THAT much. But although Manny entertains the hell out of me, I can't stand the Sox.

If you had started following the Bruins in the Neely days you probably would have been hooked on them. They owned the Habs.

Edited by Wamsley01

Well, I am with you with the Habs. ANd I will be voting for the Pats because I hate the Giants THAT much. But although Manny entertains the hell out of me, I can't stand the Sox.

If you had started following the Bruins in the Neely days you probably would have been hooked on them. They owned the Habs.

don tell me you're a Jays fan!!

I'm exactly backwards. I had always been a habs fan and an expos fan, but I moved to new engalnd about when the expos were doing their best to alienate their fans and I hadn't yet gotten into football so I ended up picking up the sox and the pats (Pedro and I went to Massachusetts at the same time).

don tell me you're a Jays fan!!

Nope Yankees fan. Even worse I imagine. Everybody hates Yankees fans

I'm exactly backwards. I had always been a habs fan and an expos fan, but I moved to new engalnd about when the expos were doing their best to alienate their fans and I hadn't yet gotten into football so I ended up picking up the sox and the pats (Pedro and I went to Massachusetts at the same time).

I loved the Expos. Still heartbroken over Blue Monday. Expos in the NL, Yankees in the AL

Same here. Since the Expos left, I've been following the Red Sox and i've been following the Pats for about 15 years now(Since the Early 90's)

I don't like Basketball...so i don'T have a favourite team in that cough, cough "sport".

Dunno how S.Kots will be able to shine with Smolinski centering him.

Sure Bégin will fight like a demon, Sergei is aggressive when he is being motivated to do so.

I would have liked Lapierre to centre them. That would have been a little demon line.

Same here. Since the Expos left, I've been following the Red Sox and i've been following the Pats for about 15 years now(Since the Early 90's)

I don't like Basketball...so i don'T have a favourite team in that cough, cough "sport".

Ha ha I feel exactly the same way about that"sport"

Or how about just a goal?

They aren't facing the backup of a backup so maybe all hope is not lost. :clap:

Well, it is the Bruins so that should give them some confidence. You also know that sooner or later, Chara will lose it and give the habs PP lots of practice time.

LOL, putting Auld in, so we are playing against the backup or a backup...

I don t know if anyone mentionned it before but Alex Auld will be in nets tonight.

I don't know how I feel about that, Thomas is obviously the better goalie, but we seem to have his number. And recently there has been a disturbing trend of Backup/third string goalies playing well against us. This is a really important game I think, because we have NJ next and we know that will be a really tough game.

I don't know how I feel about that, Thomas is obviously the better goalie, but we seem to have his number. And recently there has been a disturbing trend of Backup/third string goalies playing well against us. This is a really important game I think, because we have NJ next and we know that will be a really tough game.

Yeah, thomas against us is like Huet against the Leafs... something in their heads... .

Still, I am fairly confident about tonight, and scared to see them play NJ.

I don't know about the Koivu line reunion. Ryder hasn't been playing so bad on Smolinski line. Plus, I don't think we'll see much offensive production of Sergei playing on the fourth line. Seems like a waste to me.

8 points in 17 games, we need better on the 2nd line.

i grew up listening to La Soiree du Hockey, all I understood was est le but!! I would actually prefer that sometimes.

That and deux minute pour rebess. Channel 13, we got cbc 3, ctv 5, as english and the one French. Watched en francais unles we happened to be on CBC. Seemed to happen more often back then, didn't it.

we call it teaching, others call it brain washing. I am fine with either term.

My son actually thinks the Toronto Maple Leafs Suck is their official team name.

It isn't? My knows all the teams at 3 years, by their logo can name team and city. Boston Boo ins. Toronto Make Believes. ( they wear the maple leaf like the real team, Canada) and the Buffalo Bananas. Loves Bonk still his fav player last year, and thinks Radek looks very sad in his Preds jersey

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=page&a...layerId=8460105

Wife calls it brain washing as he won't wear his Sens jerseys she bought, I call it life lessons.

Nope Yankees fan. Even worse I imagine. Everybody hates Yankees fans

I loved the Expos. Still heartbroken over Blue Monday. Expos in the NL, Yankees in the AL

We missed by a strike didn't we. Always loved the Expos and took in the odd game when in Montreal, including the season openner of the year we should have won the series.

Always teach your kids "Habs Bears Yanks" and they will win championships in their lives.

Oh and Basket the ball is a game, not a sport, no contact. Bashball isn't really a sport either, it is America's "passtime" and having been to live games and trying to make it through TV contests, it sure seems to pass alot of time.

Edited by johnnyhasbeen

I am looking forward to see how the Koivu lines does tonight. They have been reunited tonight and they can't just blame Ryder anymore. All three of them have been very underwhelming this season, so perhaps they will take the opportunity to make a statement. It can't be fun listening to the media refer to Kovalev / Pleks / (insert anyone) as the real first line....

Time for the boys to show some pride. I would love to see these two likes duke it out for the rest of the season to see who can be the better. :)