Game Thread | Habs vs. Bruins | 22/01/08

Cataclaw

Seeing as Chipchura, Murray, Grabovsky are no longer withy the team (Actually, they weren'T good enough to stay with the team) I can understand Dandy's frustration. I don'T know why Carbo expects him to score 20 goals a year, he's never done that...why would it change now that he's 31 years old? Let's not forget that Dandy was benched 10 days ago, to be benched again so soon, was what probably pissed him off.
I hear ya habsfan and I agree. I understand the frustration. He's entitled. That's cool. But all I ask is that he kept it in house. Monsieur Samsonov was all too telling to the press last year. Dandy should know better. That's all really

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear ya habsfan and I agree. I understand the frustration. He's entitled. That's cool. But all I ask is that he kept it in house. Monsieur Samsonov was all too telling to the press last year. Dandy should know better. That's all really

Fair enough! You're right about the Samsonov thing! I just hope Dandy won't make the same mistake Samsonov made last year, by asking to be traded in the media!

WOW! I think a few of you need to chill a little. The guy wants to play, and you guys bitch at him like little girls?

All season long, every one keeps saying how impressed they are and were with the way Dandy played. They loved how aggressive he was while forechecking, how he used his size to good effect, how he always gave 100% of himself everygame. Now that he comes out and says that he wants to play more, you guys don't want him back on the team?

He blew it by going to the media. He needs to be a leader. He says he doesn't want to be a distraction while he's doing exactly that. Going to the media and being a distraction.

No time for it. Demanding that he never be benched again? Help coach the kids, work hard in practice, wait for your chance, understand your job, don't shoot Carbo dirty looks, don't bitch to the media about playing time.

Dandy needs to chill not me, other posters or fans.

Good game, good win. But as pessimistic as it'll sound, with equal goaltending that would have been a close game. We aren't going to score on every second shot every game. I'm hoping for better general play next time as last game we allowed more good scoring chances than the other team just Huet stopped ours and their goalies let them in. Against NJ, it's us with the weaker goaltender so we'll have to limit their scoring chances and capitalize on ours just like we did last night.

Good game, good win. But as pessimistic as it'll sound, with equal goaltending that would have been a close game. We aren't going to score on every second shot every game. I'm hoping for better general play next time as last game we allowed more good scoring chances than the other team just Huet stopped ours and their goalies let them in. Against NJ, it's us with the weaker goaltender so we'll have to limit their scoring chances and capitalize on ours just like we did last night.

I agree, but I think the boys became a little careless at times because of the big lead.

Nice shots, ForumGhost!

Good game but really the day we have trouble with the Bruins we might aswell be sent down to the AHL.

New Jersy will be a whole different animal and a true test. The lines will probably stay the same and hopefully Ryder will get a few more points so we can get something for him when we move him. Man he is really terrible out there when he isn't shooting the puck. Outside of Ryder and Dandenault I think the team is pretty decent, get rid of Brisebois and let O'Byrne play.

Higgins - Koivu - ???????

A. Kosty - Plekanec - Kovalev

Lapierre - Smolinski - Begin

Latendresse - Chipchura - S.Kost - Kostopolous

Would be decent lines, move Ryder for someone like Tanguay, maybe move a piece or two for Robbie Schremp in Edmonton to reunite A.kost and Schremp because I hear Robbie is having some problems with the managment. Maybe even move Streit because he is a very valuable 2 way player and should get a great return.

Markov - Komisarek

Hamrlik - Streit

Boullion - Gorges - O'byrne

Resign Huet, this is a must. If Huet walks its going to be a dismal next year as Price will be shelled.

Good game but really the day we have trouble with the Bruins we might aswell be sent down to the AHL.

New Jersy will be a whole different animal and a true test. The lines will probably stay the same and hopefully Ryder will get a few more points so we can get something for him when we move him. Man he is really terrible out there when he isn't shooting the puck. Outside of Ryder and Dandenault I think the team is pretty decent, get rid of Brisebois and let O'Byrne play.

Higgins - Koivu - ???????

A. Kosty - Plekanec - Kovalev

Lapierre - Smolinski - Begin

Latendresse - Chipchura - S.Kost - Kostopolous

Would be decent lines, move Ryder for someone like Tanguay, maybe move a piece or two for Robbie Schremp in Edmonton to reunite A.kost and Schremp because I hear Robbie is having some problems with the managment. Maybe even move Streit because he is a very valuable 2 way player and should get a great return.

Markov - Komisarek

Hamrlik - Streit

Boullion - Gorges - O'byrne

Resign Huet, this is a must. If Huet walks its going to be a dismal next year as Price will be shelled.

I think that the third line is

Latendresse Lapierre S. Kostitsyn

and the 4th line is

Bégin Smolinski Kostopoulos

I am pessimisstic because I have watched this team way to closely and been let down way to much. But I also predicted before the season that if everything went well they could finish

over 100 points and if things did not they would be in the low 90s. A lot better than the simplistic analysis of the professionals at TSN.

I mean, I am really supposed to listen to Mike Milbury? The guy who traded Luongo, Heatley, Bertuzzi, McCabe and Jokinnen and received Dipietro and Trevor Linden?

Ridiculous.

TSN seems to go out of its way to find the stupidest people to put in front of the camera. Mike Milbury earned his reputation as one of the worst GMs ever, Darren Dreger is a complete tool who shouldn't have ever made it out of the seventh grade, Healy is dumb but can at least be funny sometimes (I wish he was the next GM in TO), Pierre McGuire is dumb too but the times he makes us laugh aren't intentional. Good thing for Duthie and Bob McKenzie, they are pretty good.

TSN seems to go out of its way to find the stupidest people to put in front of the camera. Mike Milbury earned his reputation as one of the worst GMs ever, Darren Dreger is a complete tool who shouldn't have ever made it out of the seventh grade, Healy is dumb but can at least be funny sometimes (I wish he was the next GM in TO), Pierre McGuire is dumb too but the times he makes us laugh aren't intentional. Good thing for Duthie and Bob McKenzie, they are pretty good.

Yeah, McKenzie saves that show.

Remember this is the show that thought Tie Domi would be a good idea.

[i

Starting this week, after this game, i'll be making the game threads 48 hours in advance. There may be imprecisions in the projected line-ups as a result, but you guys seem to be hungry for pre-game discussion so this will do this trick :)

Where's the Jersey thread?

Where's the Jersey thread?

Let me rephrase that --- barring exceptional circumstances, i will be doing them 48 hours in advance.

I had to head off to St-Jean garisson for a bit and was gone, back now and i'll put up the thread soon.

I don't mind the crew at TSN all that much. McKenzie does an excellent Job. So does Duthie and Dutchyshen(I have no freakin' idea how to spell his name, and Im too lazy to look for it) Although i can't stand Hedger's accent, she does an OK job(for a chick!) ;) Even though many of you seem not to like McGuire, I don't mind the guy. Sure he's annoying with all that screaming, but the guy does know what he's talking about! Dave Hodge is a pretty respectable guy as well. The few people I can't stand at TSN are Healy(the dumbest ass in the world), Domi (thank the hockey Gods he ain't there anymore), and Milbury (this guy should have never been hired).

I also like what Gord Miller and Chris Cuthbert do. I find their work to be excellent!

The gang over at RSN, They all SUCK!