Game Thread | Habs vs. Bruins | 22/01/08

Cataclaw

Well, saved my 3000th post to say...

WHAT AN AWESOME WIN... Everyone played great, scoring all around, great goaltending... and best of all, against the Bruins.

I hope they do that to the leafs a few times too!!

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Habs opened a big fat can of whoopass on the Bruins... Man that felt good.

ROFLMAO

Kostopoulos with the 1st star. Since he had been ejected from the game, he came back without his shinpads (looked like he was in bermudas with skates on) and he threw a pair of sticks in the stands.

I can't remember the last time I enjoyed watching a game as much as I did tonight. Total team effort to dominate the Bruins....the powerplay looks to be back on track....Huet looked solid...can't ask for more than that.

Well, saved my 3000th post to say...

WHAT AN AWESOME WIN... Everyone played great, scoring all around, great goaltending... and best of all, against the Bruins.

I hope they do that to the leafs a few times too!!

Congrats

1. Sergei drops the gloves. Lil ti.ts has big balls :)

2. What a great pair of ti.ts we have... the brothers Kost make it happen

3. So does the entire team for that matter

4. Thomas stunk tonight, as did the entire Bruins team

5. There's so much i could say about this game, but i'll just end with one thing: I'm finally sold on Gorges. I'm usually reluctant to embrace/cheer for new players, sometimes it takes me months to hop on the bandwagon. It's not that i don't support them, i do, but i don't put my faith into them until they prove what they can do, and tonight Gorges finally tipped the scale for me. He needs to stay with us for a long time to come!

Edited by Cataclaw

Some nice seeing that I am lost and don't know what to do look on Jullien's face behind a bench that isn't ours. I remember that look well.......Good riddance.

Well...my hand trembles as it types this...and lots can still go wrong, such as injuries...but honest to gosh, I think I'm a believer. Every time this team lays an egg, they come back strong (c.f. Rangers game a while back). Every time I expect them to hit a slump, they redouble their efforts and kick some ass. (I was SURE they were primed to tank tonight. That's what the team of past seasons would have done, this being the toughest stretch of the season with everyone tired before the break, the lack of success at home, etc.). They're in the top-5 of offensive teams in the NHL and getting it with incredibly balanced scoring. The young guys are all developing wonderfully. This is the first Habs team in a DECADE that has been able to win games with Koivu in a slump.

And some point word is going to start getting around the league. And all the 'experts' predicting doom and the UFAs who didn't think we could compete, allow me to quote the immortal Muhammed Ali: EAT YOUR WORDS! :lol: :hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo:

Kostopoulos with the 1st star. Since he had been ejected from the game, he came back without his shinpads (looked like he was in bermudas with skates on) and he threw a pair of sticks in the stands.

Kostopoulos has his hockey values in the right place. The guy's got character. Not just about sticking up for his teammates.. it's about everything. Glad to have him aboard the Habs train

5. There's so much i could say about this game, but i'll just end with one thing: I'm finally sold on Gorges. I'm usually reluctant to embrace/cheer for new players, sometimes it takes me months to hop on the bandwagon. It's not that i don't support them, i do, but i don't put my faith into them until they prove what they can do, and tonight Gorges finally tipped the scale for me. He needs to stay with us for a long time to come!

It is good some of you are starting to come around he is a perfect bottom paring guy keeps things simple and goes to battle every night for his team mates.

Gorges... I could take him or leave him, but that is a step up from my previous position of leave him. :)

He doesn't scare me out there, so he is a good number 6 guy.

Congrats

Thanks, please don't tell my wife. :unsure:

Nice to see T.K. get the first star!!!

Now let's just hope our boys can do the same thing in New Jersey Thursday night!

Gorges... I could take him or leave him, but that is a step up from my previous position of leave him. :)

He doesn't scare me out there, so he is a good number 6 guy.

And he's only going to get better. He'll be a solid 5-6 d-man at this rate.

As a Habs fan, i'm forever "cautiously optimistic", no matter how the team does.

However... it's hard to resist poking fun at the "experts" who were saying the Habs wouldn't even make the playoffs this year. Habs are tied for 3rd in the east (pts) and just 6 behind Ottawa with a game in hand.

I have to force myself to remain "cautiously optimistic".. but at least for the time being.. times are good :)

As a Habs fan, i'm forever "cautiously optimistic", no matter how the team does.

However... it's hard to resist poking fun at the "experts" who were saying the Habs wouldn't even make the playoffs this year. Habs are tied for 3rd in the east (pts) and just 6 behind Ottawa with a game in hand.

I have to force myself to remain "cautiously optimistic".. but at least for the time being.. times are good :)

I still think we are one big player away from a contender... still, that is a huge improvement for this club.

I just can't fathom this except to have a theory that Julien's secret bag of tricks and secrets might be known by Carbo and company.

Except for the fact that we've owned them far beyond Julien being in Boston :lol:

Boston played a garbage game tonight. No trapping style. The neutral zone was fair game. The only place Boston seemed to play well tonight was in the offensive zone along the boards. But, they had no shots. No Boston player seemed to go to the slot. No real attempt was made to take the puck in to the slot. Not really. This team is a deer caught in headlights against us.

I just can't fathom this except to have a theory that Julien's secret bag of tricks and secrets might be known by Carbo and company.

Except for the fact that we've owned them far beyond Julien being in Boston :lol:

Boston played a garbage game tonight. No trapping style. The neutral zone was fair game. The only place Boston seemed to play well tonight was in the offensive zone along the boards. But, they had no shots. No Boston player seemed to go to the slot. No real attempt was made to take the puck in to the slot. Not really. This team is a deer caught in headlights against us.

We are in their heads and they were just waiting for disaster. When that first goal went in so quick, you could see the air go out of their balloons...

Interestingly, we have to go play our nemesis now, Brodeur.

Wow, nothing like a game against the Bruins to lift everyone's spirits.

This was possibly our strongest effort of the year, or among them. We didn't let up at all. We controlled the game the whole way through, all the lines played great. Lil Teets: another good showing. This team looked like it had great chemistry and had each other's backs.

On the Ryder goal Koivu made a little mistake by overskating the puck, but it worked out when he made that perfect pass. He got stronger as the game went on, especially on that shift that ended with Thomas's crazy save on Higgins. Another good outing from our top line, Plekanec was brilliant passing the puck again and Kovalev was just a machine when he had the puck, I especially liked the glove pick-up. Huet was very good again, he wasn't just stationary or sitting in the butterfly, and he even looked competent with the puck.

All in all an awesome game that brings joy to my heart.

Well...my hand trembles as it types this...and lots can still go wrong, such as injuries...but honest to gosh, I think I'm a believer. Every time this team lays an egg, they come back strong (c.f. Rangers game a while back). Every time I expect them to hit a slump, they redouble their efforts and kick some ass. (I was SURE they were primed to tank tonight. That's what the team of past seasons would have done, this being the toughest stretch of the season with everyone tired before the break, the lack of success at home, etc.). They're in the top-5 of offensive teams in the NHL and getting it with incredibly balanced scoring. The young guys are all developing wonderfully. This is the first Habs team in a DECADE that has been able to win games with Koivu in a slump.

And some point word is going to start getting around the league. And all the 'experts' predicting doom and the UFAs who didn't think we could compete, allow me to quote the immortal Muhammed Ali: EAT YOUR WORDS! :lol: :hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo:

If they want to make a statement to me they will slay the dragon on Thursday.

I want to be convinced, and damn they are really starting to make me believe. They are doing all the things I hoped in the pre-season. They are doing the little things to win games. Getting dirty, working hard, blocking shots, contributions from 4 lines, the youth is emerging. They are tough, just look at the Kosty brothers, they don't give a shit. They don't hesitate to drop the gloves, either of them. Lil pitbulls.

If they beat the Devils on Thursday I think I will join the Cucumber and Chris and succumb to the siren song of the Montreal Canadiens.