Game Thread | Habs vs. Islanders | 02/02/08

Cataclaw

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just going to bed now.. hope I'm up for the game! The Isles suck playing from a deficit, so let's strike early!

GO HABS GO!!!

Nice Thread Cataclaw!!!

The Habs need to play very good to win this one.

Interesting fact is that the Habs have 4 of there games televised on CBC this week.

SAT- NYI(CBC)

SUN- NYR(CBC,NBC)

TUES- OTT(S-Net)

THUR-TML(CBC)

SAT-OTT(CBC)

ALL THE GAMES ARE ON RDS AS WELL

Wow, good thing I was looking at the schedule....I didn't realize we played at 2..

".............so i'll be able to post saturday's GDT just after tonight's game -- it will have several new surprises :):) I won't say more!"

So what's new? :rolleyes:

Edited by kenadian

This is a big game. It will go a long way in showing if this team is going to bring it every game.

This has letdown game written all over it and I hope they fight their way through it.

here's hoping to a breakout game from koivu's line:

habs 6 (higgins 2 koivu markov tom k. plex)

isles 2

ghg!!

6-2 over Dipietro ??

Don'T get too pumped up, there is a respect that we have to give to every team out there

and calling a monster show by a fluke line isn't much realistic.

As usual it will be close expect Kovalev to make the difference again. Higgins has to show some

leadership great two way play and strong skating now that he realised that he doesn't have 40 goals hands and shot. That is what he is, a 25 goal scorer with some wicked speed and a great defensive instincts.

Relieve him the pressure to score and he is gonna be a much more valuable player.

The habs have given Dipietro trouble before. Thinking about it, the habs seem to give most bigger name east conf. goalies trouble (Dipietro, Lungqvist, Miller, Thomas, Gerber), in turn its the no name backups who always get a hot hand and bury us.

Edited by Dirty Harry

The habs have given Dipietro trouble before. Thinking about it, the habs seem to give most bigger name east conf. goalies trouble (Dipietro, Lungqvist, Miller, Thomas, Gerber), in turn its the no name backups who always get a hot hand and bury us.

Or the goalies who are from Montreal.

Dandy and Breezer are in, T.K. and Bégin are out. I'm not sure it is such a good idea to remove both Bégin and T.K. from this game. I would have left T.K. in!

Higgins takes a hit from behind, down for a bit, but skates off. Ryder goes after the Isle that did it.

That is unbelievable. 2 and 2. That should be 5, a minimum of 4.

Now they are calling Komisarek for 2. This is brutal. These refs are trying to change the momentum.

Habs have dominated and now the Refs are evening up the penalty calls? ######ing brutal

Edited by Wamsley01

Yeh, the refs completely missed Comrie slashing Komi in the groin. No wonder he was pissed.

Killed the 5 on 3...

I am still fuming about the hit from behind. And of course Greg Millen blames Higgins. What a shock from the CBC.