Game Thread | Habs vs. Islanders | 02/02/08

Cataclaw

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I wrong or does Dandenault score everytime he gets back in the lineup?

Btw, love to hear that song but I hate it :rolleyes:

Higgins misses an open net on a perfect cross-crease feed...

Looks like DP got his stick on that. Amazing pass from Saku though.

LOL Huet out to the blueline in a race for the puck

I just loved Jm Hughson's last comment just before they went to the Commercial break: " The Canadiens are clearly for real!"

Lovin' it!

Great game by the boys!

Saku has had some jump the last 4-5 games. I would love to see him pick it up.

Boy would the Habs be dangerous then.

Great win :clap: Keep Rollin, Rollin, Rollin

That was a great pass to Higgy. To bad he couldn't bury it.

Edited by Wamsley01

Saku has had some jump the last 4-5 games. I would love to see him pick it up.

Boy would the Habs be dangerous then.

Great win :clap: Keep Rollin, Rollin, Rollin

That was a great pass to Higgy. To bad he couldn't bury it.

The line coulda had 2-3 goals more ez today, Ryder missed 2 good chances on the doorstep also.

With the exception of Breezer, I was pleased with everyone's performance today. Gorges didn't make the scoresheet, but he impressed me nonetheless. And Saku really should have had 3-4 points if his linemates could finish the plays. I hope to see his efforts continued tomorrow.

Glad Markov is ok.

With the exception of Breezer, I was pleased with everyone's performance today. Gorges didn't make the scoresheet, but he impressed me nonetheless. And Saku really should have had 3-4 points if his linemates could finish the plays. I hope to see his efforts continued tomorrow.

Glad Markov is ok.

I will not disagree. His linemates definitely cost him a couple of points today.

D'oh. I didnt realize this game was on CBC so I missed most of it. :(

Damn Yanks and their stupid day games. :angry:

Oh well, from what I saw Habs looked good. Like some have said it could have easily been 6-1. I only caught 3/4 of the 3rd and saw them have multiple great scoring chances.

Surprisingly Huet looked the best he ever has out of the net on that long distance poke check. :lol:

If the Habs can keep it up this might make for and interesting Spring. :hlogo:

The line coulda had 2-3 goals more ez today, Ryder missed 2 good chances on the doorstep also.

We didn't want to run the score up and make them cry to the media!! :rolleyes:

They said there were 11 scouts today at the Bell Centre, those I remember are : Toronto, New-Jersey, Columbus, San Jose, Calgary, Ottawa, NYR (duh) and the most important Anaheim (Yvon on RDS said the Anaheim's scout was at every Habs game since 3 weeks now).

Didn't you guys find that wierd with that 11 seconds being played to end the 1st when the second was susposed to start.

It was probably best for the Habs. That basically erased 11 seconds on NYI powerplay time since NYI had no time to set up.

Didn't you guys find that wierd with that 11 seconds being played to end the 1st when the second was susposed to start.

It was probably best for the Habs. That basically erased 11 seconds on NYI powerplay time since NYI had no time to set up.

Yeah, what was up with that? Clock malfunction?

They said there were 11 scouts today at the Bell Centre, those I remember are : Toronto, New-Jersey, Columbus, San Jose, Calgary, Ottawa, NYR (duh) and the most important Anaheim (Yvon on RDS said the Anaheim's scout was at every Habs game since 3 weeks now).

Don't get your trade hopes up. Evryone in the league is seeing us rise in the standings and is trying to figure out how to beat us. Yes Anahiem is interested. We may just meet them in the finals. :clap:

I was very happy with today's game. Koivu showed up to play again today...let's hope it's the beginning of a trend. Ryder, tho still snakebitten, worked hard and drew a couple of penalties as a result...so that's encouraging. Big Titz/Plex/Kovy were great as usual. Aside from Brisebois' gaffe, or Dmen played a solid game too...more of the same tomorrow I hope. Ottawa is definitely in reach...gotta take advantage now while they have injuries to deal with!