Game Thread | Habs vs. Rangers | 03/02/08

Cataclaw

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As a team, we sucked today. The amount of turnovers was unacceptable, and you could see our focus gradually getting away from the game. This could be a result of playing the day before.

Ah well, here's to hoping that Kovy doesn't get suspended for his elbow.

A good bitch slap isn't a bad thing once in a while. Should remind the team to keep focusing on the little details. I'd rather it happens now against the Rags than against the Sens or Leafs this coming week.

PS. Koivu sucks.

This is unexeptable... :puke:

Do you mean unacceptable or unexpectable?

Blowing a lead sucks, but it takes more than one player to do it. We're still close to first place. I'll happily take it. A win on Tuesday and we'll all feel better.

Other then Markov, Boo boo and Komi, our defense did not have a great day.. the rangers blocked a ton of shots and made it easy for Lundquist... our guys couldn't get it out, screened Huet, and lost position on several plays..

It too bad, but I am not going to lose too much sleep. Hammr will bounce back as will Gorges and Streit..

Habs did play lots of games in a short period of time.

I'm disappointed at this missed opportunity to have an opportunity to earn 1st in East, but i think they just ran out of gas.

Let's not get one loss get under our skin. Habs are still flying, and they'll fly over the Sens on tuesday! GO HABS GO

KEEP THE FAITH

:hlogo:

I expected a loss but not a loss that shows how weak we can be.

Why does Dandenault complain for not playing ?? Total waste of 1.9 million should be traded.

Huet was overused, Give somedy else the net sometimes. Halak deserved a star and we lost anyway.

Carbo was an idiot on the 2 ant the 3 period especially the third.

Higgins-Koivu lost that games nice pass by Hammer and Smolinski.

And to those who were saying this team is going for greatness, the why oh

why can we lose a 3-0 game with a full team nwith no injury ??

Over evaluate our strenght and ignore our weakness doesn't do it.

Team was minus 20, with hammer leading the way at minus 3.

I will say I liked Markov and Boo Boo, plus little #### today. They certainly earned their money.

Hammer, Striet, Koivu, and in the 2nd half, Kovalv, just didn't do it today. Lats was useless. He seems to have a good game or two, then go back to being slow and useless.

Higgins has got to start scoring more. I can't believe how Higgins, Ryder and Koivu have all tanked it this year, relative to expectations.

I suspect this week will be Huet, Halak, and Huet. Halek should play the Toronto game for obvious reasons....

Ups and Downs!! Yesterday we would win lord Stanley, now we are Leaf material. You guys are fun to read!!

We ran out of fuel, no gaz left! No Biggie, we're still that talented team! (and weekends like this are very good on the youth, great learning experience)

Edited by Dutch_Habs_Fan

The boys ran out of gas. Rags ground them down and they were already tired from yesterday's game.

This one hurt a lot. I was hoping they would show some character and come back to tie it.

Treadmills after the game for conditioning might be an idea.

Why do these guys think Kovalev will get suspended? Okay, it was an elbow.. that is 2 minutes if it is seen..

I have seen lots of elbows that were not called, or were called, and I have never seen a suspension for that kind of play.

And to those who were saying this team is going for greatness, the why oh

why can we lose a 3-0 game with a full team nwith no injury ??

They wore us out, that's why. Our second game in two days and both of them were very physical. After the momentum tarted to change, we didn't have the energy necessary to hold them off. By the third period we were done.

But there were still some positives from that game. For one thing, I love watching Kovalev police himself even if it was a dirty play. I also love watching Koivu and Gorges assault Hollweg after he pushes Sergei head-first into the boards. These violent games are the ones that build character and you can bet our team is getting even closer and closer. I think this will be the time that the message finally sinks in that they cannot drop 3-0 leads midway through the game.

I give Gorges credit, he was our best player tonight.