Koivu out 4-6 weeks

JMMR

What were Steve Yzerman's injuries when he played in the playoffs those years ago?

And didn't Paul Coffey play his final season with a broken bone in his foot. Almost the entire season.

I suppose it just depends on how bad Koivu's injury is.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what the hell does any of this have to do with this thread.

btw - you never posted consistently in the habs forum.

uhm I was always in the game threads. listening to the cjad game on the net and posting on the net. That was my ritual whenever I knew a game was on for the first year after lockout and then first part of last year. Then life got busy, couldn't spend 2hrs or more on a computer in the evenings.

then i remember during the playoffs eating my dinner in front of the computer watching the canes and habs. Everyone in my family thought that was weird.

Edited by Pierre the Great

I broke my arm playing hockey, i finished the game (On 8 Tylenol) and happened to score.

After the game i had to miss the next 2 months because of the injury.

Saku will try to play in the playoffs no matter what they've got those pain shots to ease the pain. I still don't think they'll need him for the first round though.

the negative posts on kovalev last year how he didn't seem like he was trying and such. Grew tired of the negativity, so i stopped posting on the habs forum board in hw. The guy was playing fine he just had bad breaks. I remember the blues game I was 10 rows from the ice. He won that game basically. Things were just clicking. This year, the whole year he's been clicking.

Nice Pierre. You went off topic once again and are starting to piss them off. :P

uhm I was always in the game threads. listening to the cjad game on the net and posting on the net. That was my ritual whenever I knew a game was on for the first year after lockout and then first part of last year. Then life got busy, couldn't spend 2hrs or more on a computer in the evenings.

Your next post will be 10,000

:clap::clap::clap:

It's Cataclaw's fault, no game thread. I wonder what the excuse will be this time. The dog ate his firewire? :angry:

Hahaha I laughed so hard at this SAKS-AVENUE that I spilled an entire cup of tea! You owe me 1 tea bag, 1 cup of hot water and a bottle of oxygen so I can catch my breath, that was funny................ :lol:

Too bad about Saku, hopefully nothing serious as this guy does not need this with such a good young team making the playoffs.

Edited by InsaneAVSfan

What pisses me off about the whole thing is what started that shift Saku & Streit both got injured on.....Saku was thrown out of the defensive zone faceoff by this fu**en linesman..........Habs lost the draw, and it became a Sabres shooting gallery with first Saku & then Streit getting nailed by shots....that linesman kept throwing Habs out the entire game at will as if he was trying to prove something .....I remember Grabs being tossed out at least 4 times.

It's Cataclaw's fault, no game thread. I wonder what the excuse will be this time. The dog ate his firewire? :angry:

Hey guys,

I was off habsworld from Nov. to about Feb. (Big Mistake ^_^ )

Anyway, i was wondering what ever happened to spidey because he hasn't made a game thread in a long time. :huh:

Enough time has passed now. I'm treating this as bogus! It seems obvious to me that if the extent of his injury is 6 weeks that Koivu would not have returned last night. A skate does mold the foot in place well and pain medication can help but he wasn't gone long enough. What, did he take a tylenol? :blink:

This sounds like utter garbage!

And it's not the end of the world for the habs if Saku is not in the line up.

When he will be back we will be all happy but it's not like a couple years ago,

he is not part of the core of the team.

We can win without him in the line up.

The problem is that we are very shallow at C. Solutions?

- Grabovski, Smolinski, Lapierre, Chipchura.

Leadership issue? Give Kovy the big C.

Yeah our PP looked great tonight without him (insert sarcasm) This team is not the same without Koivu, it just isn't. Grabs gets pushed around too easily, and laps just doesnt have that instinct on offence. And smoke's, well....somke. It's gonna be real easy for teams just to focus on the big line now if Saks is out for any legnth of time.

Yeah our PP looked great tonight without him (insert sarcasm) This team is not the same without Koivu, it just isn't. Grabs gets pushed around too easily, and laps just doesnt have that instinct on offence. And smoke's, well....somke. It's gonna be real easy for teams just to focus on the big line now if Saks is out for any legnth of time.

Yup, We've been lucky to have Saks in the line-up most of the past few years, except for the Carolina play-offs. I think people here, have forgotten how important he really is. I'm sure he'll be back, that guy would not miss this run for the world.

In previous years this would have been a huge blow to the team. But since this season Saku has had a subpar season yet the team has been better than ever, it shows that other players can carry the load, mostly because Kovy has taken the lead of this team.

The "solution" (if it's not Grabs) to me would be Sergei Kostitsyn. The kid has the vision you look for in a center. Maybe it's too late in the season to make that kind of position change, but if Grabs don't produce it would be a good solution.

As long as we get Komi and Streit back, we can deal.

Just imagine the incentive for the boys to play to get to the second round for Koivu's return. These guys would win the series for him, I'm sure. But I still think he will be there anyway.

In previous years this would have been a huge blow to the team. But since this season Saku has had a subpar season yet the team has been better than ever, it shows that other players can carry the load, mostly because Kovy has taken the lead of this team.

The "solution" (if it's not Grabs) to me would be Sergei Kostitsyn. The kid has the vision you look for in a centre. Maybe it's too late in the season to make that kind of position change, but if Grabs don't produce it would be a good solution.

The only issue I see with that logic is that Sergei still makes junior plays, and those cost goals against, hardly front line material.

By junior plays I mean the blind pass from behind the net to no one causing turnovers, or passing to the slot/through the crease when the play was to cycle or pass to the point. He even tries to beat the entire team at times instead of dumping it in and getting on the forecheck and waiting for support.

Sergei is good and will be even better in the future, but the playoffs at the expense of the team is not the stage to learn these simple plays on.

I don't think he will be there, but Chipchura is a better fit then S.Kostitsyn on the second line centre role. Chips isn't anywhere near as creative or offensive, but he makes the smart plays that don't cost you leads or goals against.

Either way, Koivu means alot more to the team then his point totals. The habs will be in tough if he misses the playoffs.....don't even get me started on Komi and Streit :(