Plekanec: "I play like a little girl"

KoZed

at least he's being honest about it.

we need all the players to bring it one notch, not just the 4th liners

Ironically, I think this a really ballsy comment. He's calling himself out in public. He knows full well - or will soon learn - that the 'little girl' label is going to follow him wherever he goes unless he puts it to rest with killer play. These are the words of a player who has no interest at all in leaving himself any escape hatches or excuses. 10 to 1 we see Pleks doing damage in Game 4.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

I'm biased because I've been a Plex fan since we drafted him. But I think this comment is a very important one. He didn't wait for criticism to come his way, he went ahead of criticism and said "I'm not playing as well as I could".

He might not be a leader on the team, but since he's our #1 center, had a great season and still picked up 2 assists so far. If Plex admits his shortcomings, guys who have underachieved even more like A-Kost, Higgins, Ryder, Latendresse, Streit, etc. have no choice but to be as responsible and do the same act of contrition.

Being unsatisfied is the first step toward progress. The second step is to take actions and I hope tomorrow Plex steps up and that it rubs off the rest of the roster.

He made a few bad decisions, but I don't think he's looked terrible. I like the comment, it humanizes him. Too many guys are too arrogant to say something like that.

Actually, I feel the same way... I'm happy that he's said it and I think it shows a lot of guts...

He made a few bad decisions, but I don't think he's looked terrible. I like the comment, it humanizes him. Too many guys are too arrogant to say something like that.

I agree. He hasn't been very good this series, but he hasn't been terrible. Still does solid work in all three zones. Kovalev is more to blame for our anemic powerplay than Plex (or the whole team's reliance on Kovalev). How many times did we just give Kovy the puck along the boards and hope he pulls some magic? It'll take more than that in the playoffs.

I like what this comment shows about Plex. He's brutally honest with himself, and not afraid to admit shortcomings to others. Plus it made me laugh when I first heard it.

Well, for all the talking a being like a little girl, he's certainly got a pair of balls. Kudos to Plex, and let's see him live up to his own words.

OK, where is the politically correct ahole who is going to make a big deal about Plekanec

minimalizing the abilities of a little girl playing hockey.

Come on...show yourself ^_^

Nice to see Plex call himself out, but I don't think any player no matter what should describe himself as a little girl.

I wander if he will play better now? Predictions?

Nice to see Plex call himself out, but I don't think any player no matter what should describe himself as a little girl.

I wander if he will play better now? Predictions?

Probably a cultural thing, but agreed in NA this comment could haunt him ~ it's already being bounced around one Broons board I checked hehehe.

Probably a cultural thing, but agreed in NA this comment could haunt him ~ it's already being bounced around one Broons board I checked hehehe.

All the more shameful for them when they're schooled by a little girl. :lol:

All the more shameful for them when they're schooled by a little girl. :lol:

In Soviet Russia, little girl own you.

A couple goals tonight would mean that a little girl just owned the Big Bad Bruins

OK, where is the politically correct ahole who is going to make a big deal about Plekanec

minimalizing the abilities of a little girl playing hockey.

Come on...show yourself ^_^

Well frankly, I think that little girls can play.... JUST KIDDING!!! :-)

This quote by Plex has me really happy. It's a damn good sign. And even though none of the other guys said it, some of them have to be thinking, "So have I."

Who cares about hitting the Bruins?! Let's show some courage around the puck!

I now expect a MUCH better game out of the boys tonight...

- Jack

So over here you own little girls? You disgust me.

:huh:

Great way to twist around what I really said.