Pay some respect to the B's

rafikz

I know it's too much to ask to Habs fans ^_^

But I respect the Bruins for playing hard the last 2 games.

They deserved to win game 3.

Everybody is assuming that we lost to them because we didn't show up; hey, maybe Boston had something to do with our bad game.

A lot of Canadiens fans have been too arrogant lately.

Do whatever you want to do, but I give them credit

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everybody is assuming that we lost to them because we didn't show up; hey, maybe Boston had something to do with our bad game.

A lot of Canadiens fans have been too arrogant lately.

Do whatever you want to do, but I give them credit

well thanks for coming out. I hope you enjoyed your stay at HW. We fully accept your resignation and are sorry to see you go.

I dont know if they dserved to win game three at all.

Ya i'll give them a very tiny amount of credit but i wont give there fans credit. There fans are so quiet. We song the US natinal anthem louder then they did.

Edited by Habsfan84

Ya i'll give them a very tiny amount of credit but i wont give there fans credit. There fans are so quiet. We song the US natinal anthem louder then they did.

Most American fans don't sing along with the anthems. I know I only do if the people around me do it, which is pretty much never. Plus, Montreal fans grabbed tons of tickets, there were a lot of Habs fans at that game.

As for this thread, I agree 100%. Just because you get outplayed doesn't mean you didn't show up. Montreal had plenty of chances to win, especially in overtime. Thomas simply out dueled Price.

I will give the Bruins credit.

They could have rolled over last night, but they didn't. They have played desperate hockey the last 2 games.

But I think Montreal is just beginning to realize what it is going to take to win this thing.

It is a young team very new to success. Once they match the Bs intensity I think we will see the momentum

flip once again.

Last night I felt something I hadn't felt since 1994. Hate for the Bruins. I didn't get that (except Mclaren on Zed) anger in 2002 or 2004. To me the lackluster Habs and the changes to the game and as years went by made the B's feel like we were merely playing brand X. It's not that I didn't want to win and hate the B's - I did but not nearly as much as when Bourque broke our backs in 1994. Last night the Boston hate returned. :angry:

Respect breeds hatred in sports and Boston has my respect. Don't worry. None of you need alert the white coats. I'm referring to healthy sport rivalry anger. Still though.... :lol:

Montreal has to be more ready. They should be next game. Carbo and Co. have to get the B's trap solved. Calgary is clogging up San Jose similarly IMO.

Destroy em please :hlogo:

Last night I felt something I hadn't felt since 1994. Hate for the Bruins. I didn't get that (except Mclaren on Zed) anger in 2002 or 2004. To me the lackluster Habs and the changes to the game and as years went by made the B's feel like we were merely playing brand X. It's not that I didn't want to win and hate the B's - I did but not nearly as much as when Bourque broke our backs in 1994. Last night the Boston hate returned. :angry:

Respect breeds hatred in sports and Boston has my respect. Don't worry. None of you need alert the white coats. I'm referring to healthy sport rivalry anger. Still though.... :lol:

Montreal has to be more ready. They should be next game. Carbo and Co. have to get the B's trap solved. Calgary is clogging up San Jose similarly IMO.

Destroy em please :hlogo:

It didn't help watching that cursed Cam Neely celebrating the victory. I respect, but i HATE Bourque, Neely and Moog

WRONG!

I EXPECT Boston to play their best once they made the playoffs. I EXPECT the Bruins to win a game or two. I also EXPECT the Bruin players to go all out with hitting, and some different plays to win. Boston got lucky in Game three, period. If Montreal had scored Bruin fans would have said lucky goal.

I in no way respect the Bruins and the whine that accompanies A FEW OF their loser talk fans, along with the loser Dung "Too Many Men On The Ice" Cherry. You might as well say respect the Laughs and Ignorant Toronto too. :puke:

Arrogance would be an arrogant fan of one team calling other fans arrogant. Typical of SOME Bruins fans, since they dont understand the concept of sportsmanship and being a gracious loser. Winning is not a tradition in Boston hockey, just ask Cam Neely or Ray Bourque...

I WILL PAY MY RESPECTS WHEN THEY'RE DEAD.

BECAUSE THAT'S WHEN YOU PAY YOUR RESPECTS.

WHEN SOMEONE DIES.

:clap:

Ditto

###### the Bruins and their fans...they get no respect from me.

I hate the Bruins more than any other team in the league ( and that includes the Leaves) I grew up watching neely, Bourque, Moog beat up on our boys (late 80's early 90's) and I have hated them ever since. When you play a team as often as the Habs and the bruins have played each other in the playoffs, a rivalry is an automatic thing.

I hate the pooh-Bears and I hope they lose the next two games by a combined score of 12-0.

Oh yeah, screw Don Cherry. He cheers for the Leaves and he cheers for the pooh-Bears. He deserves to see his favorites teams lose against the Habs. Cherry will not live long enough to see the pooh-Bears or the leaves win another cup.

Screw you Cherry! you can kiss my ass!

Like society does with most celebrities and peers....

I'll respect the Bruins after they are dead thank you very much.

I WILL PAY MY RESPECTS WHEN THEY'RE DEAD.

BECAUSE THAT'S WHEN YOU PAY YOUR RESPECTS.

WHEN SOMEONE DIES.

Just goes to show why you should read an entire thread before posting

This has nothing to do with their fans. And for the record, drunk Boston fans are no worse than drunk fans of any other team.

Ahhh Mr. Puck trying to stir up the masses... :lol:

You are absolutely correct, which is why I use the word SOME. However in recent years with New England being good in the NFL, and the RedSox being so good in MLB; I have noticed an arrogance in Boston fans being slightly more than say Yankee fans or even (Shudders Violently) Leaf fans....

Every team has their boneheads and every team has excellent fans. Unfortunately, the ones like the construction worker who bury a Boston jersey in Yankee stadium go overboard. And create a funny but tasteless action that only enhances my opinion of SOME Boston fans being arrogant, bone headed and have below average IQ. YEt I admire the creative usage of a Boston Redsox Jersey!

But that is just my opinion until Habs beat Bruins then I will go back to just ignoring SOME Boston fans.

You are absolutely correct, which is why I use the word SOME. However in recent years with New England being good in the NFL, and the RedSox being so good in MLB; I have noticed an arrogance in Boston fans being slightly more than say Yankee fans or even (Shudders Violently) Leaf fans....

Every team has their boneheads and every team has excellent fans. Unfortunately, the ones like the construction worker who bury a Boston jersey in Yankee stadium go overboard. And create a funny but tasteless action that only enhances my opinion of SOME Boston fans being arrogant, bone headed and have below average IQ. YEt I admire the creative usage of a Boston Redsox Jersey!

But that is just my opinion until Habs beat Bruins then I will go back to just ignoring SOME Boston fans.

You forgot the Celtics in the NBA (but they are not going to win a title anyway)

Look at that comparison

NY Yankees - 4 Championships since 1996, 2 more World Series appearances

Boston Red Sox - 2 Championships since 2004

Toronto Maple Leafs - ??? uh made the playoffs in 2004?

Sox and Yankee fans have every right to be arrogant....Leaf fans, you got me.

I'll respect the Bruins after they are dead thank you very much.

Therein lies one of the biggest problems in the NHL - there is no respect. Back in the old days, teams hated each other, but they at least respected each other. With all of the dirty plays in pretty much every game, that respect just isn't there. Obviously this lack of respect extends to the fans. Respect your opponent and the victory becomes even sweeter. Unless an entire team is playing dirty, I will always respect the opponent.

Therein lies one of the biggest problems in the NHL - there is no respect. Back in the old days, teams hated each other, but they at least respected each other. With all of the dirty plays in pretty much every game, that respect just isn't there. Obviously this lack of respect extends to the fans. Respect your opponent and the victory becomes even sweeter. Unless an entire team is playing dirty, I will always respect the opponent.

You're taking this way too seriously. :huh:

I respect Lucic for the way he plays while still keeping it clean, but that's about the gist of it.

Speaking of Lucic, anyone else here think we were getting a player like him when we drafted Latendresse (only a bit more offence)?

Shame really

Edited by Habitforming

Great post

Let me tell you why I'll never respect Boston sports fans:

I went to Fenway for a Giants game this past summer. Never in my life have I encountered such drunken degenerates...I mean absoulute scumbags. The bleacher bums were harassing almost anyone with Giants gear on...and I don't mean the run-of-the-mill smack talking. I mean they were screaming obscenities up close and in person at women, smaller guys they thought they could intimidate, and even a couple of senior citizens. One gal had her baby with her at the game, when she walked by these bums they started an 'ugly baby' chant. One black guy with a Bonds jersey went by..the lowlifes started a 'KKK' chant!?!?! Also, I'd like to add that I was wearing Giants gear...and not a one said anything to me. Maybe has something to do with the fact that I'm 240 pounds jacked, and they didn't want to antagonize someone that might actually kick the living shit out of them for doing so? Even having numbers on their side, they didn't mess with me...instead they went after the women and old people. COWARDS...DEGENERATES...BUMS. That's my experience with Boston sportsfans...and they get ZERO respect from me.

Edited by sbhatt