Brodeur needs surgery, out 3-4 months

sbhatt

Yeah we want Oduya !!!

Yuck...

I'd rather have Weber than Oduya.

Honestly, nothing on the Devils' roster interests me enough to wish for a Halak trade. I mean, nothing outside of Parise.

The Devils can go to Hell.

Yuck...

Honestly, nothing on the Devils' roster interests me enough to wish for a Halak trade. I mean, nothing outside of Parise.

Gainey was rumoured to like Clarkson alot.

Gainey was rumoured to like Clarkson alot.

Clarkson is a young Kostopoulos.

I'll pass. IMO Halak's value is higher than those kind of players. It's still to early in the season to take Denis' "comeback" for granted and move Halak thinking we don't need him.

Yuck...

I was joking... I'd rather have Halak as a backup than Oduya or Weber...

Clarkson is a young Kostopoulos.

I'll pass. IMO Halak's value is higher than those kind of players. It's still to early in the season to take Denis' "comeback" for granted and move Halak thinking we don't need him.

Geez I wouldn't trade Halak one for one for Clarkson but he's still a player I would take on my team.

That spells trouble big time for the Devils. Who do they have to score goals , now than they cant win every game 1-0 or 2-1?

And I have to agree with KoZed, nothing on the Devils roster is worth a Halak.

Edited by Jean

We dont even need a Clarkson, not with all the kids we've got in Hamilton.

well, maybe stewart could bring some grit. sor far we are gritless on our top 3 lines. it needs to changes drastictly before the playoffs

Yuck...

This is huge, I finally get to see if it was Brodeur who made the Devils go, or the other way around.

If Weekes puts up monster numbers does it take away from Marty's lustre?

This helps the habs that is for sure.

This is huge, I finally get to see if it was Brodeur who made the Devils go, or the other way around.

This helps the habs that is for sure.

Maybe for the regular season standings as the Devils were contending for the number 1 spot as well, however this could also bring the entire team together as they'll have to compete without relying as much on their fanchise player who's been there for as long as anyone on the team can remember. This could be dangerous during the series once Brodeur is back.

Maybe for the regular season standings as the Devils were contending for the number 1 spot as well, however this could also bring the entire team together as they'll have to compete without relying as much on their fanchise player who's been there for as long as anyone on the team can remember. This could be dangerous during the series once Brodeur is back.

Well, they can have their bonding moment. I sure as hell would not want to have to go through that to bond as a team.

Looks like St-Patrick's record is safe for another year!?

:clap:

There go any chances I had at winning my office hockey pool.

:lol: 9 out of 34 participants in my office hockey pool have Brodeur.

We had to chose between : Osgood, Price, Brodeur, Kipper, Giguère and Fleury for our 1rst goalie and between Backstrom, Théo, Ward, Mike Smith (?!?!) and Biron for the 2nd goalie.

I tried Théo, now I cry.

Hahaha, no doubt though. Parise was one of two players who have had multiple multiple goal games against Price.

At this point I cant see any significant goalie trades. I wouldnt be surprised at all though if the Devils went out and picked up Aubin off Philly but that wouldnt be considered significant. I think the Laffs were silly to get rid of Aubin and the Devils have had several previous great experiences in picking up ex-Laff goalies the Laffs were dumb enough to toss away.

No kidding. It will be interesting to see, and given NJ's injuries, the Devils might be in for a rough season.

I'm glad I passed on Marty in my pools this year... It's no coincidence that teams with Brodeur were at the top of the league... and are now posed to fall substantially. It's not like there's anyone on the waiver wire that could replace him (although I snagged Thomas last week too)

I think if NJ doesn't run with Weekes & Co., Edmonton and Chicago will be the likely trading partners. Both Rolli and Khabi are UFA after this year and are the best replacements IMO. It helps that they're from the West too.

Guys, Khabibulin is running at a 6.75 cap hit and the Devils have 500k in cap space. Even if you take Brodeur's salary off the table because of the injury, they'd still need to clear about another mil in cap space just to barely get under. Then they're really screwed once Brodeur comes back.

Rollie might be a possibility though. It's a shame Ahonen went back to Finland, this could've been his shot. Maybe Jeff Frazee gets a look?