All things HALAK

shortcat1

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol::clap:

I don't think any of them will do the #1 job, Huet would have been the one, unfortunatly.

I agree, hence the joke. I guess the ideal situation is this... Halak wins us some games, Huet comes back and gets a game or two in before playoffs (and we make it). Very similar to Budaj/Theodore last year in Colorado. Then Huet is in for the playoffs, and he does quite well. Theo did quite well in the post-season last year, as hard as that may be to believe.

I guess the question then goes... do we send Halak back to Hamilton if Huet gets healthy and we make the playoffs? At least he'd get game time in again and help out our AHL team's playoff drive.

I agree, hence the joke. I guess the ideal situation is this... Halak wins us some games, Huet comes back and gets a game or two in before playoffs (and we make it). Very similar to Budaj/Theodore last year in Colorado. Then Huet is in for the playoffs, and he does quite well. Theo did quite well in the post-season last year, as hard as that may be to believe.

I guess the question then goes... do we send Halak back to Hamilton if Huet gets healthy and we make the playoffs? At least he'd get game time in again and help out our AHL team's playoff drive.

I would agree with sending him back to the AHL to get some ice time once Huet is back... Even if we make the playoffs, which I very much doubt, this is not our year. Let the kid play and develop...

Frankly, I don't think Carbo knows who will be the starter for the rest of the year. It's as he said, Halak will get it until the season ends, or he plays himself out of the position... so it all depends on how he plays...

I was worrying about this the other day...do the Habs have to send someone to Hamilton when Cristo comes back? If so, who will it be?

It can't be Leighton, and I don't know if Samsonov's waivering has expired. I'm fairly certain Murray's has. Lapierre is a fixture, so that leaves Kostitsyn and Halak. I assume if necessary, Halak will be sent down to "Hamilton", but that Hamilton will just be the pressbox, and either Aebi or Leighton will be the backup (nb - Habs undefeated with Leighton as backup, har har).

I must have missed something, I thought Leighton was brought in specifically to play IN hamilton, so we can get a good look at Halak vs. the 'my new nhl 2'*. Does he have some kind of one way contract or something??

*copyright: le pêcheur rouge.

No one who was on the roster at the close of the trade deadline can be sent down. If picked off waivers they cannot play for their new team this year. The rosters are expanded. Likely players returning from Injury can't be sent down either.

Samsonov and Abby can be sent home, but not down.

If you're on a one way contract, and are with a NHL team at the trade deadline (not in the AHL), you can not be sent to the minors for the remainder of the season and playoffs.

Halak's on a two-way.

I'm not talking about roster issues, there are none. I am just saying that if Huet comes back and is the #1, do we send Halak down just to help Hamilton out? I mean, if he's not playing anyways... or do we keep him as a 2nd option in case Huet is pulled/gets injured.

play which ever one gets us victories, and plays well. If Halak has a couple of bad games, it would be time to try something new. At this point there is no undisputed #1 Goalie on the habs (Huet aside).

if we cannot send them down how about we lend them to peroria or some such place

Kostitsyn, Halak and Lapierre can be sent down to Hamilton and play since they are on the clear day roster. Latendresse was left off the roster, he can join the team once Drummondvilles season is over, which all depends on how they do in the playoffs. Doesn't matter now cause he can't go to Hamilton due to him not being on the roster.

For the Oilers, only Stortini can be sent down and play.

Anyone that the Habs sign can play for Hamilton. Price, S. Kostitsyn, Mikus, Carle, or any other chl/ncaa FA's. The rule for the clear day rosters is that only the players that are on the list can play for Hamilton for the rest of the season and playoffs. The exceptions are made for Players in Residence, tho players that are put on the players in residence list, can only play for Hamilton if someone from the clear day roster is injured or called up to the nhl.

Mathieu Aubin, Troy Bodie, Jimmy Bonneau, Cedrick Desjardins, Jon Gleed, Michael Lambert, Philippe Sauve, all are on the players in residence list. With Stortini, Halak, Kostitsyn, Lapierre all called up, then Hamilton can dress 4 players from the players in residence list.

The CHL playoffs start this friday for most most teams, so in a week or so we'll start to see teams seasons coming to a close. Then we'll see if Price or Kostitsyn or others join Hamilton. They don't have to be signed by the Habs to join Hamilton as they can sign a PTO contract with Hamilton.

-montreal global moderator- HFBORADS

Edited by JMMR

the question was Halak or Aebie.

I say Halak, just as I said it two weeks ago.

live or die with Halak... Aebie won't be with us next season.

So if Halak is successful, then great, if not, then, he'll at least gain the experience (and steal the starter job next season)

Completely agree with you on this one. The organization doesn't trust Aebischer, and he's not coming back next year. Therefore, there's no point in playing him so until Huet comes back, let's see what the kid can do. I wouldn't expect him to work miracles, but it is great experience for him.

I think Carbonneau did a good thing by allowing Halak a week to re-focus and work with the goalie coach, and it looks like it is paying off.

Keep in mind that the problem was never with Halak, so I don't think everyone got off the bandwagon. The team is playing better in front of him. And Kostitsyn has helped a lot in that department. Without his creative pass the Habs may have gone to overtime ... Tenderhead has been playing better recently and scoring a bit.

But Halak is a very good goalie ... and will be spectacular if his team plays well in front of him.

You guys make it sound like Kostitsyn took the puck end to end and set up Latendresse all alone in front with a gaping cage. :rolleyes:

Give credit where it is due. Great pass from Komisarek, and goal scorer's move on the part of Latendresse. Guillaume is worth all three Belarussians put together. So is Komo for that matter.

You guys make it sound like Kostitsyn took the puck end to end and set up Latendresse all alone in front with a gaping cage. :rolleyes:

Give credit where it is due. Great pass from Komisarek, and goal scorer's move on the part of Latendresse. Guillaume is worth all three Belarussians put together. So is Komo for that matter.

Bobby, Bobby, Bobby ... by you guys, I guess you mean me (cause I'm the only one who mentioned #### in this thread), and I did give Latendress his due respect ... I said he has been playing great. My point being that Kostitsyn has been helping out this team recently, whereas Latendress has been around all year! They have, however, both stepped up recently, and are one of the reasons that Halak doesn't have another Loss, because they have been accounting for the bulk of the scoring in the last few games.

Halak was never really the problem. The team's poor play is. And with a little support, Halak could do really well.

But if the team does crap, then there is no point to wrecking a goalies confidence for a season that is all but over. (Good thing that we are turning things around though ... not quite the lions of winter, but some promising determination of late ... hopefully we can keep it up).

If Kostitsyn never makes that touch pass to Latendresse he does not have the chance to undress that defenseman and score that beautiful goal.