All things HALAK

shortcat1

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

with the goaltending depth all clogged up, I can understand why Halak would ask for a trade. I just hope we get something good for him.

I hope so too. he has to put better numbers in the ahl if he's going to ask for a trade.

however, I dont think the market is good for a goalie. I can think of only few teams that would like a halak right now.

Trade him to Calgary, or Vancouver or the Islanders... errr wait scratch those three of they have long term guys. Hmmmm Dallas, nope hmmmmm... I know trade him to the Leafs straight up for Steen and Stajan plus a first round pick. That is what Leafs usually pay for a goalie is it not?

I know stop making NHL08 trades.....

I know trade him to the Leafs straight up for Steen and Stajan plus a first round pick
Do we really hate Halak so much that you would wish to spell end doom to his career? :lol:

My best friend is a Belfour fan. Huge fan. But he's always hated the leefs. When he was signed by T.O. my friend was livid that "Belfour wouldn't win another cup again". :lol:

Poor Raycroft and Toskala. Fuhr?

Bester? :lol:

I believe in the rumour. It makes sense and there's too much media stick around it for me to disregard it. I doubt Halak will follow through on his threat right away. He knows and surely his agent has told him that to manufacture a trade with a team that will not "play him in the AHL" is going to take time. Halak wants NHL $$$$$.

This buys BOb some time to make a Huet decision or to trade Halak if need be.

So, we can all relax. This should buy us a month. Sure Halak can go to Russia for 1 million but in doing so a potential 4 million dollar offer in the future through the NHL might be lost. Halak is gambling too.

Trade him to Calgary, or Vancouver or the Islanders... errr wait scratch those three of they have long term guys. Hmmmm Dallas, nope hmmmmm... I know trade him to the Leafs straight up for Steen and Stajan plus a first round pick. That is what Leafs usually pay for a goalie is it not?

I know stop making NHL08 trades.....

Not really... The Thorton deal blew my mind, maybe Bob could steal Steen or Stajan. The only two leafs I could see wearing red white and blue. Lord knows Fergy thinks he can resurrect goaltenders. Not that Halak needs resurrection but he is unproven. That's one brain cell you just might penetrate. BUT.............we have to deal with the consequences. Which would be fine for me.

Kordic for courtnall anyone?

Gainey would never, NEVER trade within the division. Especially not to the leafs

In certain situations Gainey might. Especially when his hands are tied and he could see it benefiting the Habs. It's not unheard of. I'd trade Halak for Steen in a heartbeat considering where we are at.

Halak - offer from Russia (agent speaks)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20.....;/1002/CPSPORTS

Agent David Shatia indicates Halak has offer on table from a russian team.

Has not asked for a trade.

Halak want to play in NHL and prefers waiting in Hamilton. Want to increase value to Bob Gainey or any other GM in the NHL while playing in Hamilton.

A trade is always a last option, but think situation will resolve itself either via trade or injury.

Carbo confrims Price will not be sent down to Hamilton.

CAN THE TITLE OF THE THREAD BE CHANGED PLEASE

Spector adds today:

"What Pedneault said is as follows: We can pretty well assume Carey Price was going to be the future No1 goalie in Montreal. Halak is in a

position that if he didn't want to play in the AHL, he could ask for a

trade to another team or has the option of playing in Russia. Either

option was possible. Pedneault mentioned that the Canadiens wouldn't

get much in a trade even if they did trade him. I remember it clearly

because it made me chuckle how Pedneault was going out of his way not to say "has requested". Perhaps "Dominic" mistranslated "repeated" for "confirmed"? Again, there was no confirmation of a trade request.

If he goes to Russia, how does that impact the habs rights to him? Does it count as a year towards him being a UFA? Isn't russia a decent league? Up there with the AHL? Let him go there if he wants, if he does well he can back.

Halak - offer from Russia (agent speaks)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20.....;/1002/CPSPORTS

Agent David Shatia indicates Halak has offer on table from a russian team.

Has not asked for a trade.

Halak want to play in NHL and prefers waiting in Hamilton. Want to increase value to Bob Gainey or any other GM in the NHL while playing in Hamilton.

A trade is always a last option, but think situation will resolve itself either via trade or injury.

Carbo confrims Price will not be sent down to Hamilton.

CAN THE TITLE OF THE THREAD BE CHANGED PLEASE

thanks JMMR! This was really bugging me, and now I'm relieved...

After last nights loss to the :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: I think it is time to address Montreal's weakness of big forwards. Just one big guy is all I ask to compliment the crafty speedy habby's on the team.

Halak and maybe Ryder should be able to fetch a decent young BIG for the 3rd/4th line.

Ryder and Halak? Why does people want to trade the most reliable scorer?

My guess would be badwaggon?

We all know Ryder is struggling but he will come around he is using new sticks I;m not sure why but he will get used to them.

My guess would be badwaggon?

We all know Ryder is struggling but he will come around he is using new sticks I;m not sure why but he will get used to them.

What there is a bandwaggon against Ryder?

I though he was playing himself out of the line up, not people realizing thal playing with Higgins and Koivu AND not being motivated by those two to give your best make you worthless.

And so he is using new stick, that's maybe why, i guess he changed skates and gloves too.

My guess is that he drank some New-Foundland home made liquor at 70% alcohol that turn him half blind last summer, or is he still drinking it on the bench?

What there is a bandwaggon against Ryder?

I though he was playing himself out of the line up, not people realizing thal playing with Higgins and Koivu AND not being motivated by those two to give your best make you worthless.

And so he is using new stick, that's maybe why, i guess he changed skates and gloves too.

My guess is that he drank some New-Foundland home made liquor at 70% alcohol that turn him half blind last summer, or is he still drinking it on the bench?

He can't be drinking it on the bench....if that was the case then he would be much better.

RSL is most likley better then the AHL.

Halak will be an RFA for the next 3 seasons I believe if he were to go over.

That may not be the case should a club decide to decide to grieve it. They could use the Yashin holdout his last year in Ottawa as a precedent. He had a year left on his deal, but his agent Mark Gandler told him all he had to do was sit out that year and the contract would lapse, making him a free agent. The Senators took him to an arbitrator who ruled that Yashin still owed the Sens that final year.

If he left Hamilton and signed with a RSL team, and the Habs took him to arbitration, I see two possible outcomes: the team doesn't have to pay him, and Halak becomes an RFA at the end of this season or the team is allowed to retain his rights until Halak fulfills the terms of his contract. There's a few guys who signed with RSL teams this summer even though they had valid NHL deals in place, and you know one of them is going to go to arbitration, or even court, to see where they stand contractually. I think arbitration is the easiet route, but either road will mean an appeal by the losing side. They sooner someone does this, or even if the league does it on its own, the better for everyone involved until the Russians and the league can agree to a transfer deal.