The OFFICIAL Panic Thread (Or Parade Route)

Colin

The S.S. Canadien is sinking faster than the Titanic. This team sucks and under Bob Gainey we'll never get it right. We have a heartless leader with gutless players and morons who score in their own net. I've had enough. Even the Leafs are better than this, in fact I think I'm starting to like them now. I'm going out to get me a Stempniak jersey today.

Boo Habs Boo

Go Leafs Go

Edited by Colin

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOLLLL

terrible month of november that will not get better as the Canadiens play Detroit, Washington and Buffalo...

This really feels like the team of 2-3 years ago when nothing was working.

I really feel Major changes in personnel and coachin staff is required. Get rid of players that dont want to give the constant effort and pleaaase get a decent assistant coach that can help Carbonneau find his style...his lack of experience is showing terribly these days.

bring some kids from Hamilton. D'Agostini is doing marvels....Weber could help the PP even if he's not quite ready defensively. just use him on PP and an odd shift on D.

Burn the dead wood I says !!!

food for thoughts: does Gainey have a contract at the end of the season ??

Edited by marky_and_komi

:blink:

does is this mean I'll be the band wagon AGAIN, people jumping on and off me???

I don't mind with chick fans but come on guys loose some weight, or at least give me a back my two four of Stanleys :lol:

:blink:

does is this mean I'll be the band wagon AGAIN, people jumping on and off me???

I don't mind with chick fans but come on guys loose some weight, or at least give me a back my two four of Stanleys :lol:

People, People, GET a LIFE. Every team has down periods. Gainey is not going anywhere. The Team will be in the Playoffs.

Edited by thib46

Like I said last week in another thread...true the Habs have shown us plenty of reasons why we might worry about the situation...but there's absolutely no reason to PANIC!!! Our Boys still have a winning record, and are in 5th place in the east.

Sarcasm and the funny comments aside (the comments in the Isles game thread were hilarious), I don't think Gainey will be as patient this year.

He is not dumb and will not hurt our future for winning now but I believe he will be far more aggressive than he has been in his time here. He has made big time trades in the past and it paid off for Dallas.

If we do somehow sign Sundin then what happens? Does Lang or Plex centre the 4th line or does someone move to the wing or does a centre get traded?

I answered that months ago, nobody likes the answer. It will be a UFA centre that is traded, and not one we just signed. Who does that leave?

Instant cap space and a large frame goal scorer for a smallish playmaker.

Just my thoughts.

Edited by johnnyhasbeen

Get rid of Gainey after a crap month! :lol::rolleyes: Any fan who thinks this should abandon the Habs and go cheer for a franchise that better reflects their idiotic attitudes - e.g., the Canucks or the Atlanta Thrashers.

And has anybody noticed that the team played significantly better in each of the last three outings? Might that not be a signal that we're coming out of the slump? Naaaah, fire Carbo and send Gainey out on the dole with him. Hell, let's bring back Rejean Houle - at least he listened to the fans!

Don't blow this out of porportion.

Slumps are slumps we are still 11-5-4 while playing shitty hockey. If we even play decent hockey we will surge.

Have faith lads :)

The S.S. Canadien is sinking faster than the Titanic. This team sucks and under Bob Gainey we'll never get it right. We have a heartless leader with gutless players and morons who score in their own net. I've had enough. Even the Leafs are better than this, in fact I think I'm starting to like them now. I'm going out to get me a Stempniak jersey today.

Boo Habs Boo

Go Leafs Go

colin you are an idiot. Is your ankle still hurting from the last time you jumped on and off the band wagon? This team is fine however there are certain fans that would look good in a leafs jersey COLIN.

haha Colin is the new O'Byrne in the Habs Talk section.

Guys, would any serious thread have the title "aaaaOOOOOOOOOOOOOGah" and then refer to the S.S. Canadiens?

Would any serious thread have been started by Colin?

We'll be fine. The season is only a quarter way through. And, the Habs usually have a strong hot stretch run to the playoffs. I hope this historical trend continues because back in 2007 it went AWOL.

Still, let's give it time. There's absolutely no reason why they can't turn things around. It's evident that their work ethic has finally been consistent. The last time they were brutal was on the 18th facing Carolina. However the Ottawa, Boston and Isles games have shown a similar trend of (at least better) a consistent work ethic; mistakes aside.

Also, who knows what is going to happen. There's a rumour afloat that BOb is trying to get Preissing from LA. Perhaps certain players improve. Maybe O'Byrne gets some confidence and make some good plays on the road and comes back to a crowd that can forgive him for his play.

They're dumping the puck now too. I was screaming about that against Carolina but lately...:)

GO HABS GO

</sarcasm>

I abuse sarcasm no more than prison inmates abuse the new guy. If that means I use sarcasm a lot, well I apologize. ;)

I suppose my motivation for a thread like this is less about the reactions of other fans and more about my own reactions. Let me explain: A season is very long with plenty of ups and downs and I guess I'm lucky (?) enough to understand that this is only a phase. It's been mentioned by other posters (and by me as well in other threads) that this team seems to actually be trending up, and not down.

In recent years, however, I've let the negative posters get to me; those who feel that every loss is the end of the world. I've also, to be honest, let the overly positive get to me as well; every win is an obvious fortelling of the Stanley Cup being paraded down Ste. Catherines. I lost my interest in the game to a great degree because of my personal reactions to other fans.

I was one to watch 82 games plus whatever playoff games came up, I posted on this site two summaries after each game (a game recap and the "A Concerned Fan" player ratings), and I engaged in Canadiens talk all the time. I was deeply engrossed in the game, but I made the cardinal sin of letting the "fans" get to me. I came to learn a very disappointing truth, and that's that Habs fans are the most fickle, most painful fan-base anywhere. And I'm a Liverpool and Red Sox fan, so I know of what I speak.

So, rather than internalizing all this and letting some comments which, I felt, were completely off-base affect me, I sounded off in the best way I know how: a little mockery of what I deemed symptomatic of the problems afflicting Montreal fans. This thread is a direct result. And I do apologize - somewhat - for those that don't know me well enough to know I was joking, and for those who feel I've taken sarcasm as a bed partner.

I was starting to enjoy the game again recently, and coming on here (which should probably be a hint never to come here, but there are a few people I consider friends and with whom I enjoy a chat - and I should mention that I have had many great debates with those who have differing opinions and ALL those debates ended with both sides appreciating what the other had to say and learning something from it) was starting to ruin that again. This thread was a direct result of me acting out.

</sarcasm>

I abuse sarcasm no more than prison inmates abuse the new guy. If that means I use sarcasm a lot, well I apologize. ;)

I suppose my motivation for a thread like this is less about the reactions of other fans and more about my own reactions. Let me explain: A season is very long with plenty of ups and downs and I guess I'm lucky (?) enough to understand that this is only a phase. It's been mentioned by other posters (and by me as well in other threads) that this team seems to actually be trending up, and not down.

In recent years, however, I've let the negative posters get to me; those who feel that every loss is the end of the world. I've also, to be honest, let the overly positive get to me as well; every win is an obvious fortelling of the Stanley Cup being paraded down Ste. Catherines. I lost my interest in the game to a great degree because of my personal reactions to other fans.

I was one to watch 82 games plus whatever playoff games came up, I posted on this site two summaries after each game (a game recap and the "A Concerned Fan" player ratings), and I engaged in Canadiens talk all the time. I was deeply engrossed in the game, but I made the cardinal sin of letting the "fans" get to me. I came to learn a very disappointing truth, and that's that Habs fans are the most fickle, most painful fan-base anywhere. And I'm a Liverpool and Red Sox fan, so I know of what I speak.

So, rather than internalizing all this and letting some comments which, I felt, were completely off-base affect me, I sounded off in the best way I know how: a little mockery of what I deemed symptomatic of the problems afflicting Montreal fans. This thread is a direct result. And I do apologize - somewhat - for those that don't know me well enough to know I was joking, and for those who feel I've taken sarcasm as a bed partner.

I was starting to enjoy the game again recently, and coming on here (which should probably be a hint never to come here, but there are a few people I consider friends and with whom I enjoy a chat - and I should mention that I have had many great debates with those who have differing opinions and ALL those debates ended with both sides appreciating what the other had to say and learning something from it) was starting to ruin that again. This thread was a direct result of me acting out.

I apologize, I obviously don't know you well enough to know your humor. I am way oversensitive to the nonsensical ramblings of some fans who want to fire everyone and bench the team or at least trade three or four after every loss. I expect people to have at least a 1/2 way reasonable conversation even when we are pissed off at stuff that happens like last night. Maybe your way is the best. I will keep inane comments to myself.

I apologize, I obviously don't know you well enough to know your humor. I am way oversensitive to the nonsensical ramblings of some fans who want to fire everyone and bench the team or at least trade three or four after every loss. I expect people to have at least a 1/2 way reasonable conversation even when we are pissed off at stuff that happens like last night. Maybe your way is the best. I will keep inane comments to myself.

No worries. And incidentally, my ankle *does* still hurt, but not from bandwagon jumping. I'm recovering from the fourth time I've torn the same useless ligament. ;)

Yeah I've noticed myself going on message boards MUCH less often than I used to, especially here. I got hooked a couple years ago when I had no access to TV, so I would listen to CJAD online and go on here in the game threads. Now I basically only read Habs I/O and FourHabsFans, the former for good information and the latter for comic relief. Even FHF can be a little negative sometimes. Occasionally I'll pick up a free Gazette at the gym.

I just can't deal with ridiculous fans, so I really limit my involvement basically to when I have a specific interest or when I need to vent.

This thread is a direct result. And I do apologize - somewhat - for those that don't know me well enough to know I was joking, and for those who feel I've taken sarcasm as a bed partner.
Bah, don't worry about it. You raised good points. At times when a doom thread emerges I tend to be annoyed because I love this team as you do. Someone was going to post the concern thread eventually. We still have problems. It's worth discussing. And, I understand Colin. You're IMO: a "Turn to the Darkside" fan. I am in many ways too. Like when John Leclair played his first game in Montreal after being traded to Philly. I cheered every Philly goal out of disgust. It was a sarcastic cheer due to me being SOOOOOO pissed off!!! we lost 7-2 I think :unsure:

Maybe we can officially make this the problem with the Canadiens thread. ^_^

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

And I do apologize - somewhat - for those that don't know me well enough to know I was joking, and for those who feel I've taken sarcasm as a bed partner.

No need to apologize... to me anyway. I love a good dose of sarcasm! It's certainly a relief from some of the depressing, the-world-is-ending posts that pop up after a loss.

No worries. And incidentally, my ankle *does* still hurt, but not from bandwagon jumping. I'm recovering from the fourth time I've torn the same useless ligament. ;)

Hope it heals quick, done that to me knee, now I don't skate hard or ski. All down hill after 40, and I ain't talking about the skiing!

I'm really *really* tempted to change the thread title to, "Stanley Cup Assured". I mean didn't we beat the best team in the NHL? I'm sure there are fans out there who will say just that. LOL

Until they lose again, of course.

:P