Habs vs Red Wings

JoeLassister

That's what happens when you sit on a lead for an entire period!

Nice moves by Franzen...even Ray Bourque would have been fooled!

C'mon boys, step it up for the last 5 minutes...keep the puck deep in Detroit territory, and they won't be able to score!!!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I LOVE hearing the Olé song in opposing team's Arenas!!!

Am I dreaming or was teh elbow a little high on the Tanguay hit? I just hope it isnt serious and the Habs medical staff has decided not to take any chances with Tangs!

The guys on TSN said that there were 7 to 8000 habs fans in attendance! Beautiful!!!

Hoopefully the boys can build on this win!

Edited by Habsfan

Hey how bout that, a win!

Overall this one kind of reminded me of the Boston game in that we gave a pretty good effort but neither team was exactly clicking on all cylinders. We got the better bounces this time with a couple of garbage goals. Poor O'Byrne, he plays a solid game and then ends the night with another humiliating gaffe, at least it didn't cost us. Good to see our boys working hard.

LOL Joe at the Logos!!!! :lol:

:ghg:

If habs win tonight i nominate joe for the half assed game threads until they lose :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll pull a Rafikz and take the credit. ;) If nothing is done at 18h00 friday, i'll do it again...

On another note, what a "Hurricanes-style" goal by Higgins ! Ugly, but how important it was!

Edited by JoeLassister

Even though the Habs played the 5 back defensive game it was still fun to watch.

Great game by everyone, especially Price.

LOL @ O' Byrn, poor guy played well until he made a Brisebois followed by a Souray

at least he's moving the latter !!!

maybe he'll pretend he's a chelios soon !!

Incredible performance by our Habs. We may have looked like we were getting bombarded from all angles but it wasn't the sloppy defense we've seen a few times before - this was an organized defense with everyone following a system. What's more impressive is that we're a purely offensive team and here we changed a style completely and managed to trap the Wings to death.

You've gotta give tons of credit to Price, the top D pairing, Kostopoulos and just about everyone else. I can't believe there are people who pray for Laraque to play when the team is waaay better with Dandenault in there. Beating the Wings without Tanguay or Komisarek (vs the absence of Holmstrom and Osgood) is great any day, but the manner in which we did it makes it one of the very best games of the season for us. This is the best defense we've played all year - although we let go a bit in the third period. What's important now is that if we do make it to the Cup final and Detroit is waiting for us, they might remember this frustrating loss against us and have a bit of fear. ..or maybe not.

at least he's moving the latter !!!

maybe he'll pretend he's a chelios soon !!

Yeah, he started off at McCabe with that own goal. Now, he's already up to Souray, not bad.

LOL @ O' Byrn, poor guy played well until he made a Brisebois followed by a Souray

:lol:

That was just like that spezza goal on Souray a few years back.

Let's give some credit to Carbo... the players said after the game that Carbo gave them the neutral zone strategy to bog down the Detroit offense and wait for turn overs. It worked because the did as they were told and stuck to the game plan.

Some people after every loss point to Carbo and ask what he is doing,.. well he does have a plan and the players are starting to listen again. Frankly, Kosts and company are leading by example in that regard.