Fanpuck33

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that was close..... too close...

whew...

Still some serious issues with the PP, but that was a much better team game.. I actually like the lines as there was hard workers on all of them...

yeah I think a little "character" on every line

I think breezy lats and laps all had GOOD games and dago show s some real good promise.

D'Agostini did not look out of place. Nice of Carbo to throw him out there in the third in a tight game, you are here to play. Liked his patience, not trying to force things, head up, awareness.

Character on all the lines, as habs rule says, was nice - sure, if you float on a shift with Kostopoulos, he'll let you know about it.

S Kost looked good in the 3rd. I can see why Breezer plays, he can make a quick A-to-B pass still - nothing else, but at least that, so the coaching staff can trust him in a limited capacity.

Can Markov ever play.

can someone PLEASE tell me what is up with Sergei Kos. ?????????

like fe real I miss the guy that showed up at the rink last year

can someone PLEASE tell me what is up with Sergei Kos. ?????????

like fe real I miss the guy that showed up at the rink last year

Hey, that's the thing with young players. They hit sophomore slumps. They lose their groove, whether it be due to confidence or to opposition tactics, whatever. Sometimes they never get it back. But in the Kostytsins' cases, you're talking about pretty talented players, and the smart money says they'll come around eventually; but the Sergei example epitomizes what's wrong with this team. Our pre-season projections were based on the premise that the youngsters would (mostly) continue to play as well or better than last season. And not one of our young players, save maybe Price and Gorges, has improved on last year; most have, in fact, regressed: the Kostys, Plekanec, Komisarek before the injury, O'Byrne, even Halak...that's an X-factor no one could have anticipated.

The good news is that this was a gutsy win, and that they've been mostly playing better since the Ottawa game. The same young players who are frustrating now will start to look amazing if the team can get a head of steam and get its confidence rolling.

Hey, that's the thing with young players. They hit sophomore slumps. They lose their groove, whether it be due to confidence or to opposition tactics, whatever. Sometimes they never get it back. But in the Kostytsins' cases, you're talking about pretty talented players, and the smart money says they'll come around eventually; but the Sergei example epitomizes what's wrong with this team. Our pre-season projections were based on the premise that the youngsters would (mostly) continue to play as well or better than last season. And not one of our young players, save maybe Price and Gorges, has improved on last year; most have, in fact, regressed: the Kostys, Plekanec, Komisarek before the injury, O'Byrne, even Halak...that's an X-factor no one could have anticipated.

The good news is that this was a gutsy win, and that they've been mostly playing better since the Ottawa game. The same young players who are frustrating now will start to look amazing if the team can get a head of steam and get its confidence rolling.

Thanks man, that was spot on, I like the way you keep your cool as you explained it to me :clap:

I guess if I didn't have him (Sergei) in my pool I would MAYBE have had your Gainey like cool and figured it out.

Are you Bob Gainey??? Cuz you shure do a GREAT immitation, do you have your halloween cosytume figured for next year... if not I have a good one for you ^_^

I thought we played a decent game. We were solid defensively like we've been usually and Price again came through. The thing that finally happened was we got Price some goal support and barely.

Edited by Habsfan84

Another decent effort, not terrible not great. Our powerplay is the main thing that's keeping us from where we were last year, it's the difference between 3-2 and 5-2 in a game like this.

Well the 5 on 3 looked good, but the timing of the finishes was off alittle. Unfortunatly, timing is the most important part of one timers! haha

Good on Komi to fill in for Mr.Jarvis while he was dealing with family matters. :clap:

Great effort last night, we controlled the game completely for the second half of it. We controlled well on the powerplay, but I think teams have studied it last year and are now doing a good job of cutting our most-used lanes. The boys, and Kovy in particular, are going to have to get creative. Maybe start using a triangle a bit more? I have faith enough in Price for that. Sergei was had a rough not, but thankfully they are few and far in between. He's just a bit harder to notice now since he isn't playing with offensive linemates.

Thanks man, that was spot on, I like the way you keep your cool as you explained it to me :clap:

I guess if I didn't have him (Sergei) in my pool I would MAYBE have had your Gainey like cool and figured it out.

Are you Bob Gainey??? Cuz you shure do a GREAT immitation, do you have your halloween cosytume figured for next year... if not I have a good one for you ^_^

No better compliment than to be called Bob Gainey :lol: Thanks!

No reason to change the D mix for next game.

Dandenault play was above expectation, same for Breezer.

And Komo as a coach on the bench !! Great a d coach...but we need him on the ice too.

Tanguay being back for tuesday, a good show up from D'agostini.