simonus

In approximate order of time remaining:

Komisarek

Price

Laraque

Koivu

Higgins

Dandenault

Per habs I/O, Price and Koivu skated today in Brossard. They estimate 2 more weeks for Koivu, imminent return for Price. http://habsinsideout.com/main/12689

Laraque has started skatinig, Komisarek looking to return by the end of the week.

We need Komi for Philly moreso than Laraque. They like to crash the net more than take cheap runs at players.

we need Komi more than Laraque, period. Laraque is a luxury, Komi is an essential member of the core.

Teams always crash the net against the habs, with or without Komi in the line up. I have only seen Gorges go after players who run the crease.

Most goals against the Habs happen within 5 feet of the goal.

Teams always crash the net against the habs, with or without Komi in the line up. I have only seen Gorges go after players who run the crease.

Most goals against the Habs happen within 5 feet of the goal.

Most goals period happen within 5 feet of the goal. Komi's presence on the ice does block a few guys' paths to the net.

We've actually been a better defensive team and a lacklustre offensive team without Komi. Markov is the guy most directly affected... and he's the catalyst of our attack. Hopefully we see Markov brimming with confidence.

The Flyers spent the entire post-season crashing the net despite the presence Brashear and Laraque. What's Laraque going to do, try to fight Hartnell 25 minutes after he crashed into Halak... probably just to see Hartnell decline and walk away because he has nothing to gain from getting beat up by BGL? Goons are pretty much useless if they can't play regularly, or if they're not trusted to.

Laraque is trusted to play, and once he is fully healed he'll be fine. Goons are very necassary for teams, i agree with you they can't be 1 dimentional. I don't think Laraque is. It doesn't matter if people decline his offer, he prevents peopel from running around.

If they would have had Laraque last year in the playoffs it may have helped all the running but I obviously don't know for sure. Once he gets in regularly players will start playing tougher, at least i hope so. Icing a bunch school girls or smurfs and 1 fighter doesn't make your team tough. The habs players need to toughen up and stand up for one another.

When was the last time you saw a habs player jump in on someone when Price got ran over, or players who were cheap shotted over the years? Hasn't happened much if at all. They need some of that.

It wouls sure beat 11 minor penalties. I'll take a 5 minute fighting anytime.

To be blatantly honest I am actually really glad that the Habs are having all these injuries. :P

Sounds crazy to say but I seriously beleive they are much better off right now with these players out.

Right now we are getting a great preview of what the 09-10 Habs will be like. :D

In the game Higgins and Dandy were injured I was actually joking with my buddy that I wanted someone to get injured. I wanted it to be either Higgs or Pleks because they have been slumping lately anyway. With all these injuries D'Ags is still playing every game and Maxwell is still up and both are gaining valuable NHL experience. Personally I dont want to see D'Ags be sent down but I dont know how that can happen when everybody returns. :(

Plus we are getting to see what the Habs are really made of with all these injuries and they are holding up great when you think about it. The Habs used to loose almost every game when Koivu was out but now its almost like you dont even notice he's gone. :o

The Habs can still win without Komo too so if worst case scenario happens this summer and some nutbar GM signs him to a 9mil/yr contract it wont be Armageddon.

There's no way that D'Agostini is getting sent down in the near future. He's a consistent offensive threat, which is more that can be said about Pleks and Higgins. They will probably being seeing more of the pressbox than D'Ago later this season unless they pick it up.

Laraque is still questionnable for tomorrow(Pittsburg).

Talking of questionnable why bring up Chip and Maxpac if Maxwell is still up ??

- Maxwell is not a fourth line centre, Chip and Lapierre are.

- Hamilton has two games in two nights today and tomorrow.

Laraque is still questionnable for tomorrow(Pittsburg).

Talking of questionnable why bring up Chip and Maxpac if Maxwell is still up ??

- Maxwell is not a fourth line centre, Chip and Lapierre are.

- Hamilton has two games in two nights today and tomorrow.

I assume Maxwell is being sent down, but we'll see. Maxwell was just filling in for Chipchura as the centre callup, so now that Chipchura is healthy he's getting the shot he should've gotten with Koivu's injury. I think we all know that Chipchura is more NHL ready than Maxwell.

Max Pac is a just in case thing if both Laraque and Andrei Kosty can't go. Laraque is almost certainly a no go since he hasn't been practicing. Andrei is at least practicing and should be a game time decision.

Habs will land Gaborik. I'd give a dollar to anyone who proves me wrong. :D

since it's a walking wounded thread, Gaborik would fit nicely here !!

Pat Hickey says: Laraque's likely going to be placed on the IR to open up that extra roster spot. Pacioretty's been called up in case Andrei can't play but it seems like he will.

Pat Hickey says: Laraque's likely going to be placed on the IR to open up that extra roster spot. Pacioretty's been called up in case Andrei can't play but it seems like he will.

3 games in 4 nights on the road here out of the break... they'll want to keep an extra body around regardless of whether Andrei plays tonight. It'll get MaxPac acclimatized with the guys so he isn't stepping in straight off the plane if need be.