2009 All-Star Game Thread

JoeLassister

I watched the last 5 minutes of the 3rd and the OT and Shootout...looks like I didn'T miss much. I must admit that what I did see was exciting!

I get the feeling that this game and All star game MVp for Kovy will turn his season around! Watch Kovy go for the last 35 games...he'll put up a point per game...if not more!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More proof that he plays better with the C on his jersey?

Not to bash him outright or try to start something, but I wasn't aware there was any proof to begin with. He actually produced below his season average while Koivu was on the shelf.

Kovy gets the MVP.,. let's hope this sparks a great 2nd half from him...

I was thinking Thomas would get the MVP but Kovalev winning the award may just be what he needs to have a strong finish to the season.

Kovy is as inscrutable as The Sphynx. Who knows, this may be a confidence-booster that propels him to a dominating second half, or he may feel that he's made his statement and drift aimlessly for the next three months. Or veer from one to the other from shift to shift :lol: Still, he's one of my favourite Habs - a wonderfully hilarious and exciting and infuriating player - and good on him for a great performance.

Congratz to Kovy!

But the only reason he did so well is because nobody pressures you in the all star game. Kovy would be a superstar if this is how the opponents D played him because he is at his best when people give him time and space.

So, I got autographs from:

- Mike Babcock

- JS Giguere

- Scott Nidermayer

- Sheldon Souray

Couldn't get autographs from Iginla, Thornton, Marleau, Campbell, even though I was berely in the first row; it's understandable, as they were overwhlemed with requests.

Giggy, Thornton, Claude Julien, Iggy Souray were very nice to the fans.

I didn't ask Backstrom to sign, but that's because I had never seem him without his helmet; I was like: " wtf is that " ? :blink:

Didn't wait for the Eastern squad's bus, my feet and my hands were killing me (it was -33 :angry: )

Say what you want about the allstar weekend and game, but I just watched my two boys on the back rink trying to replicate every shootout move they saw. My 10 year old is calling himself Ovie and he is a goalie. :)

Say what you want about the allstar weekend and game, but I just watched my two boys on the back rink trying to replicate every shootout move they saw. My 10 year old is calling himself Ovie and he is a goalie. :)

Well, I was excited to watch this year, and watched every minute.....up to the end of the break away competition. What a farse! Hope the get rid of that BS next year. Put me off the rest of it, caught the highlights. Good on Alex! "C" what i mean? Not saying, I am just saying! I couldn't even watch the kids game after seeing that clown doing a bono impromptu. Rather see a break away comp. with nhl goalies, 3 shots heads up, winner advances. See enough pretty moves from these guys then, and it wouldn't be trying to bounce a puck day. I didn't even care who won! Dumb TV that was!