Habs @ Thrashers | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Worse game of the season.

How the hell do we manage to loose to the likes of Tampa and Atlanta then win against Detroit and Washington?

How the hell do we manage to loose to the likes of Tampa and Atlanta then win against Detroit and Washington?

Not sure I agree with that statement! They've played worse games this season!

However, it does piss me off when they lose two points to such a lousy team like Atlanta...Had they lost to Detroit, or San Jose or Washington, i wouldn't be as mad...but Atlanta? C'mon boys, you can do better! They missed out on a golden opportunity to catch up to the pooh-Bears!

Maybe this will light a fire under their asses for Tomorrow's game against our worst nemesis over the past 10 years. Thank the Hockey Gods Brodeur is still injured!

Edited by Habsfan

Well, a shaky goaler usually makes the team nervous. And allowing 2 goals before making 1 solid save = shaky goaler. Bad timing to be shaky against a "not so gifted" team.

A few mental lapses and luck is why Atlanta won.

The Habs didnt play that bad overall but definitely blew several plays.

The Nortel play of the game was the Habs Dman who for some reason was standing beside the net behind the goal line on Atlantas 2nd goal. Why he wasnt standing in front of the net trying to cover the far post baffles me. That goal should not have happened.

The lone goal Price gave up was lucky. When I 1st saw it I thought the Atlant player had kicked it on or something, it just look weird. When I saw the replay it was a nice play by the Atlanta guy who was down low beside the net to get his stick between his legs like that to direct the puck in. If he tried that 9 more times I doubt he would get it in the net again.

Definitely agree with Halak's grade. The first goal he could have had, but you can't blame him for the other two. One a wide open one-timer from right in front of the goal and the other a crazy bounce with bodies flying everywhere.

They've played far worse games and even won some this season. They weren't bad tonight, they just weren't good. Lehtonen was quite good and they got more bounces than we did.

1st period was one of the worst I've seen in a while, but 2nd and 3rd, the Habs played well. Price looked good, Patch was awesome tonight, as was Stewart. I like him a lot. He can centre the puck and find the pass. Something none of our other fourth liners can do. Sorry Dandy, Stewart is better. Disapointing loss, but not the worst performance I have seen. Hamrlik was horrible tonight.

Another note. I don't want to hear anybody dis Breezy any more this year. He has been great (for what is expected, and what he earns) He seems to playing inspired. He makes some great breakout plays, and has a lot of poise. His first half of the season has been way more than I expected.

Definitely agree with Halak's grade. The first goal he could have had, but you can't blame him for the other two. One a wide open one-timer from right in front of the goal and the other a crazy bounce with bodies flying everywhere.

And I definitely agree with Price's grade quote :

The only difference between him and Halak was that Price made some important saves when Montreal needed it...

For example, Trashers 2nd goal...

While the two goals in the first were tough, this is suppose to be a good team. Good teams shake it off and get them back, they had 40 minutes to win this. I don't blame Halak or Price.

Ultimately, I blame the supposed leaders on this team. Kovalev has been invisible for a while now, banking in the occasional goal, but mostly skating around losing the puck in slow motion. Pleks is cementing his role as a 3rd line centre.

I will give Lang a pass, since in the last 10 games he has been one of the best on the team most nights. If Kovalev was playing to his potential, we would have won this 5-3.

Perhaps it is time for Gainey to have another talk with Kovalev. I sure hope Koivu comes back with some fire in his belly, this team needs it.

Kovalev rarely plays up to his talent level. I would be happy with the production last year and call it a day. This year's Kovalev is more the norm for him. Thank goodness his contract expires at the end of the year. If your putting your hopes on Kovalev as a leader or someone who can take a team in the playoffs on his back all the way to the cup, that's not happening either. I mean the way people were talking about an 84 point season was just crazy. it's 84 points, barely a point a game.

As for last night, the first half of the game was a no show, they played hard for 10 minutes to make it 3-2 then they played ok, not well enough to win obviously. How do you only manage 26 shots against Atlanta?

They at least should be rested for tonights game. I think i saw a whopping 2 solid body checks.

When you get average goaltending it sure shows how bad this team can be defensively.

Let's hope for a little more effort and pride tonight.