Habs @ Oilers | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

3cf6996f.gif@ 67a33087.gif
29-19-6 for 64 points....................26-23-4 for 56 points
(5th East)..................................(10th West)

Forecaster.ca's Tale of the Tape
TSN's Ice Chips

Montreal Player Stats
Edmonton Player Stats

Projected Lineup

(67)Pacioretty - (11)Koivu - (36)D'Agostini
(27)Kovalev - (14)Plekanec - (25)Dandenault
(46)A.Kostitsyn - (21)Higgins - (6)Kostopoulos
(26)Gorges - (40) Lapierre - (17)Laraque

(79)Markov - (8)Komisarek
(51)Bouillon - (3)O'Byrne
(44)Hamrlik - (71)Brisebois

29074.jpg vs. 4838.jpg
Carey Price................Dwayne Roloson

TV: RDS
Radio: CJAD, CKAC

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dandy and Breezer are reported to draw into the lineup tonight, but who knows where.

This is a must-win game. We've got to stop the bleeding. I hope the boys remember that they're a quality hockey team and play accordingly.

And boy I hope Chris Lee isn't reffing tonight.

GO HABS GO!!!!

Lazy26, it's amazing how your handle/avatar just seems ironic now... if there's one player that isn't lazy on the Habs this year, it's #26.

Just wondering how Gorges seems to escape any blame. I have nothing against the guy, but he hasn't exactly been playing well lately. Since the new year he's been a -11 and has put up 2 points on the powerplay. You can't blame him for the lack of powerplay production though, it's not his fault he's being misused there.

Just wondering how Gorges seems to escape any blame. I have nothing against the guy, but he hasn't exactly been playing well lately. Since the new year he's been a -11 and has put up 2 points on the powerplay. You can't blame him for the lack of powerplay production though, it's not his fault he's being misused there.

He hasn't been stellar recently, but I think his partners were pretty bad as well... a bit of bad luck. Hamrlik had an awful January that he's rebounded from, and now Gorges is with Bouillon, who has been struggling for quite a long time.

I wouldn't call Gorges "lazy" in any instance, regardless of his recent results.

He hasn't been stellar recently, but I think his partners were pretty bad as well... a bit of bad luck. Hamrlik had an awful January that he's rebounded from, and now Gorges is with Bouillon, who has been struggling for quite a long time.

I wouldn't call Gorges "lazy" in any instance, regardless of his recent results.

Not saying he has been lazy, just that he hasn't exactly been playing any better than anyone else lately, but he never seems to get called out.

once again im hopeful that Carbo takes tonight's game as an opportunity to sit Bouillion down, nobody on our D corps could use the press box more than him. Dandenault is ready to go, let give him a shot on the 3rd pairing with Gorges.

These lines certain are... interesting. If you want to send a message to the team, why not use Pacioretty-Lapierre-Kostopoulos as the top line? These are three guys who are actually playing hard and look like they give a damn. This is how the whole team should play. Use these guys as an example to the rest.

I can't imagine why they'd use Gorges as a forward instead of Bouillon. Francis is probably on his way out this year, so why not make him play out of position? Why mess with the guy who has a significant future with the team?

These lines certain are... interesting.

to say the least... dandenault I can see as a forward, but Gorges? Plus how does this read to a guy like Lapierre. The guy has been one of our best forwards all year and he gets stuck playing on the 4th line with Gorges and Laraque....

The habs can't keep the puck out of their own net, they can't score more then 2 goals. My guess is 5-2 Edmonton.

This team has the look of waiting for something to happen, trade, firing, etc.

I have been wrong before, so i'm hoping i am again tonight.

nhfarber, i totally agree with you, what the heck kind of line combos are those? Nice reward for your hardest workers,

Since the D is so bad maybe he should put 4 pairs of D out there and play 10 forwards.

The real lines:

(21)Higgins - (14)Plekanec - (27)Kovalev

(46)A.Kostitsyn - (40) Lapierre - (6)Kostopoulos

(17)Laraque

(26)Gorges - (25)Dandenault

Just my interpretation of this krazy line up :P

An 11:00 AST start. Yawn. It's darned painful to get up for work if I choose to catch these games with the late start times. The Habs had better make it worth my while. I'm not going to be impressed being tired for the sakes of watching another Montreal stinker.

My oh my. Pretty indicative about what Carbo thinks about the way people are playing. Higgs dropped - albeit to a centre position. Pax promoted to the hard-working line. Kosty Sr. dropped and the freshly healed and out of practice, but ready to hustle Dandy put on a line with the Dead Bros. Georges moved off defense after having a few rough outings - but his hustle leaves Carbo willing to keep him in the lineup on the bang line.

And Pax and D'Ago were completely shocked at what happened in the closed door session. Interesting....

An 11:00 AST start. Yawn. It's darned painful to get up for work if I choose to catch these games with the late start times. The Habs had better make it worth my while. I'm not going to be impressed being tired for the sakes of watching another Montreal stinker.

It's an underrated element of living in Sask.... no game is too late or too early. Except the playoff games that have 7:00 EST starts can be tricky to get home from work in time for (5:00 start time here when everyone kicks on DST and Sask ignores it)... even those ridiculously long games don't get too bad, although the 5OT one in Vancouver against Dallas was the only one that I really got tired of.

It's an underrated element of living in Sask.... no game is too late or too early. Except the playoff games that have 7:00 EST starts can be tricky to get home from work in time for (5:00 start time here when everyone kicks on DST and Sask ignores it)... even those ridiculously long games don't get too bad, although the 5OT one in Vancouver against Dallas was the only one that I really got tired of.
I hear ya. I lived in Edmonton for 3 years. Games were scheduled perfectly. I really feel bad for the Newfies. 11:30? :blink:

I'm guessing that Carbo wants more hustle, so Gorges steps up to join Lapierre & Laraque to make a checking line that can spend some good time in the offensive zone.

Notice that Kovy is moved to the LW.

Kosto should bring some spark to Kosty & Higgy, but if Higgings struggles we dont have anyone else who can play C.

And has anyone realized yet that our top two wingers right now are rookies who didnt even start the season in the NHL?

once again im hopeful that Carbo takes tonight's game as an opportunity to sit Bouillion down, nobody on our D corps could use the press box more than him. Dandenault is ready to go, let give him a shot on the 3rd pairing with Gorges.

If Gorges is put up front, and Bouillon escapes the pressbox again, i really question what Carbo is thinkin. Bouillon has been playing worse and worse.

No doubt he should be up in the pressbox