Habs @ Oilers | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

omg our lineups starting to look like 2000-ish... this is scary.. just get Traverse and Oleg Petrov and we have reached rock bottom. :P

Hope Im wrong.

Until I see Juha Lind on the first line, there is still space to fall...

I think its a huge mistake putting Gorges on forward. I consider him our top four D and i feel Bouiilon should of been scratched tonight.

agreed. I see nothing for Gorges to do at forward. That is such a band-aid move... and its putting a band-aid on your knee to fix your heart attack.

Wow, Carbo smoking something while making that lineup?

2 rooks on top line with Koivu - mistake.

Kovalev playing with Dandenault - mistake.

Kosto trying desperately to keep up with A Kost & Higgins - what a waste.

Gorges on a forward line, Bouillon on 2nd d pairing - colossal mistake.

Hamrlik covering Brisebois' a** - welcome to a -4 night for the Hamr.

Feels like the moves of a man who has lost the room. There is experimenting, trying something new...and then there is this. S Kost to play goal in the 3rd period, perhaps?

I dont get people picking on Booboo. If half the team had half his heart, we'd never be humiliated like we've been in the past couple of games.

I'll take a guy who makes mistakes but try hard and is willing to sacrifice himself over any pants-shitting fancy-pansy forward.

BTW, I do consider forwards who make one too many passe or cant get their shots on net or blow up scoring chances; as making mistakes.

Not picking on him - just think he is being asked to play way beyond himself. I feel that Hamrlik is with him for coverage more than anything.

Agree with his desire and heart, but same with Kosto: he is ultra-limited, it is not a condemnation of his desire.

Breezer was not Hammer's problem. Moving him out didn't help Hammer's defense at all. Breezer has not been a problem, I would take him over Boo boo any time. Breezer brings more to the transition game.

As for Gorges as a forward, Carbo himself said he was sending a message to the other wingers who have done squat lately. He can also move him back any time during the game and swap him with Boo Boo up front if the need arises.

At this point, he is trying to loosen things up and shake up the team. People calling for the standard lines seem to have forgotten all the chances those lines have had to produce. My guess is that win or lose he will move things back to normal after a game or so.

Price looked better there.. didn't bite so early (unlike Komi)

Interesting.. Hammer pinched and was caught.. but Gorges covers and we have two defense back there again.. lol..

Maybe Carbo is trying to show the guys in the press box how to back check and cover for the defense..

Well, two brutal softies by Price and the team is down three.. is he not capable of holding on to a ######ing puck anymore...

I hope they start Halak in the 2nd before it is too late.. the team was showing signs of life and those goals just killed them...

If TB is dumb enough to trade Vinny for a package with Komi than why is he still a habs?

Luckily its not 4-0 Oilers right now, 2 goals Komi was basically useless on and Price didnt stop Hemske, because Hemske lost the puck.

To be honest, the team was not playing that bad.. Price however stinks.. I wonder if the team wanted Price in, because common sense said to play Halak.. If Halak is in, I bet it is still 1-0 and the habs are still in it..

On the bright side, they are playing hard still..