Habs vs. Canucks | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

3cf6996f.gifvs. 42a2189f.gif
31-22-7 for 69 points....................30-21-8 for 68 points
(t-5th East)..................................(5th West)

Forecaster.ca's Tale of the Tape
TSN's Ice Chips

Montreal Player Stats
Vancouver Player Stats

Projected Lineup

(46)A.Kostitsyn - (14)Plekanec - (27)Kovalev
(21)Higgins - (11)Koivu - (36)D'Agostini
(67)Pacioretty - (40) Lapierre - (6)Kostopoulos
(70)Stewart - (28)Chipchura - (25)Dandenault

(79)Markov - (24)Schneider
(44)Hamrlik - (8)Komisarek
(26)Gorges - (71)Brisebois

24778.jpg vs. 6406.jpg
Jaroslav Halak................Roberto Luongo

TV: RDS, SNET-P
Radio: CJAD, CKAC

"To you from failing hands we throw the torch. Be yours to hold it high."
gallery26.jpg

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

GO BOYS GO! KEEP THE WINS COMING!

You mean, "Get the wins started". We've only got a single win in a row right now.

*sigh*

Bobby Luo in Montreal... the dreaded Quebec born goalie playing for the opposition in front of friends and family... and this time it's a superstar goalie, not just a middle of the road one that tends to burn us as well in the same situation.

The only thing we've got "going" right now is our PP, which is a start, I'll grant you that. But fundamentally, our game is still pretty soft and our lineup shouldn't strike fear into opponents (though on paper, our D pairings look good).

We're unlikely to get more than 2 past Luongo and our D has been extremely porous... I think the last time we gave up 3 (well, 2 + EN) or less was vs. Pittsburgh at the beginning of the month. I don't see a win tonight.

Edited by saskhab

You mean, "Get the wins started". We've only got a single win in a row right now.

*sigh*

Bobby Luo in Montreal... the dreaded Quebec born goalie playing for the opposition in front of friends and family... and this time it's a superstar goalie, not just a middle of the road one that tends to burn us as well in the same situation.

The only thing we've got "going" right now is our PP, which is a start, I'll grant you that. But fundamentally, our game is still pretty soft and our lineup shouldn't strike fear into opponents (though on paper, our D pairings look good).

We're unlikely to get more than 2 past Luongo and our D has been extremely porous... I think the last time we gave up 3 (well, 2 + EN) or less was vs. Pittsburgh at the beginning of the month. I don't see a win tonight.

hey - sometimes when I'm down for a while I decide to reboot the system and feel better. Maybe I get down again, but at least I'm starting from a higher point. I've decided to reboot and feel better about the habs... I'm hoping the boys will do the same.

*sigh*

Our last game was only 3. It was a late 3rd goal too against Ottawa.

The wind has changed direction. We are going to get hot now as Boston gets cold. This is our pay back game. Vancouver is going down tonight.

3-0 Habs

Kovalev

Koivu

Dandy

The stats certainly aren't with us on this one, as Vancouver has owned us for years. I don't expect a win, but I'd be encouraged by a solid team effort. I'd be even happier if we allowed less than 30 shots for once.

Still, I hope for the improbable. GO HABS GO!!!! Chase Bobby Lou from the net!

PS - Any word on Tangs?

The stats certainly aren't with us on this one, as Vancouver has owned us for years. I don't expect a win, but I'd be encouraged by a solid team effort. I'd be even happier if we allowed less than 30 shots for once.

that is only a stat insofar as it is a number. It has little to no meaning for tonight's game. With roster turnover on both the Canadiens and Canucks over the years historical stats like that have basically no predictive value.

There are stats that look bad for montreal - for example, Vancouver has a much better Goals Against per Game and is 7th in 5 on 5 play - and there are some stats that look good for the habs - Vancouver has a bad PK and is the 3rd most penalized team in the league - but head-to-head win/loss records over several seasons doesn't really tell us anything.

From Sportsnet.ca Canadiens Breaking News‏:

"Alex Tanguay met with the team doctor and did not receive clearance to return to the lineup. Tanguay will be re-evaluated next Tuesday and could return at the earliest next Wednesday vs. Buffalo. Tanguay has missed 24 games with a left shoulder injury. ."

From Sportsnet.ca Canadiens Breaking News‏:

"Alex Tanguay met with the team doctor and did not receive clearance to return to the lineup. Tanguay will be re-evaluated next Tuesday and could return at the earliest next Wednesday vs. Buffalo. Tanguay has missed 24 games with a left shoulder injury. ."

I don't know about you guys, but I'm pretty ticked at our doctor right now. Doesn't he know how desperate we are?

I don't know about you guys, but I'm pretty ticked at our doctor right now. Doesn't he know how desperate we are?

I imagine you're joking, but I was hoping for Tangs to return and instantly contribute too. I'm glad the doctor kept him out if he's not 100%. Tangs seems kinda fragile, and I'd like to have him healthy for the rest of the season and the playoffs. These are important games this week, but we'll have to do it without him.

Maybe you'd like to switch doctors with the flyers's medical staff ??

Simon Gagné had tones of unhealed concussion

Briere's forced returns 2-3 times unsuccesfully this year

Keith Primeau...nuff say

Dave Babych sued them for some reasons I forget.

Montreal' medical staff:

Saved McCleary's life practicing a tracheotomy in the molson centre clinic.

they may be a bit too consevative to your likings but when a player comes back he's healthy.

It was a joke, guys, although it does suck he'll be out longer when we thought we'd have him back for the weekend at the very least.

hey we all knew that. YOU DID KNOW THAT RIGHT GUYS :lol:

:ghg: :ghg: 6-2 habs :ghg: :ghg:

Before this slump and the loss of Lang, I was batting 1,000 when I wore one of my 8 (Yes, I am pathetic) Canadiens jerseys on game days. A fellow employee who is a Canadiens fan was getting on me to wear it when I forgot. He was that impressed with this supposed good luck scheme. During the slump and during the lowest points of it (out west) he pleaded with me to don it. I told him the team had to secure a victory to get my fanship back and thus; wear them again on game days.

They beat Ottawa and satisfied my fanship to give it another go. Yes, I did wear it to work today and am wearing it now (to the disgust of LeafNation and Broons fans at the office - lol ) so let's hope there is some sort of magic to this!

GO HABS GO!!!

I'm worried about this one,

Go Habs Go!

Halak will have to stand on his head if we want to win this one. Luongo will be psyched to play in front of his crowd. Montreal hasn't beaten Vancouver since nov 2000.

Edited by marky_and_komi