Habs vs. Canucks | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are we bad defensively or what. Chickens sans head. That was brutal to watch at times. No system, no control of the puck. Our blue line is so easy its number is scrawled in every bathroom in North America. Halak for Gubernator.

Most deserved shutout in ages.. this was all Halak...

Been a long time since we had a goalie steal a win for us. 34 saves for Jaro. Habs had just 16 shots on Luongo.

2nd game in a row that Halak is the Habs' best player. Couldnt come at a better time. Price can now take more time to get out of the spotlight and properly heal physically & mentally.

this may sound odd. but I would not be surprised to see Halak traded. I could see Bob selling while the selling is good and getting a vet backup for Price and some help up front.

:blink: 'odd' doesn't quite cover that notion

Carey who?

Halak should stay in until he lets in more than 3 in a loss. They need to ride him as far as he'll carry them now.

I agree. Bob needs to figure out ASAP if he needs to trade for a goalie so Halak should keep playing for sure. It will be a huge wake up call to Price and he will have to respond next game he plays or loose the #1 spot. I dont think the goal count should matter to put Price back in as long as the goals arent Halaks fault.

Its funny that this is the 2nd time now Halak has done this and came in a calmed the team down and completely changed the team morale and they go from a loosing streak to a winning streak. The Habs definitley looked like a top 4 team tonight with a top 4 goalie. Their recent play in front of Price has been playoff bound questionable as of late. People who say its not Price but the team I wonder what they will say now? ^_^

I wouldn't trade price for kopitar.. Price is still a top goalie, he is just struggling. What he needs it a vet goalie to mentor and back him up.

Halak is a very good goalie, but I would rather have Price long term.. we just rushed him too much, imo.

I wouldn't trade price for kopitar.. Price is still a top goalie, he is just struggling. What he needs it a vet goalie to mentor and back him up.

Halak is a very good goalie, but I would rather have Price long term.. we just rushed him too much, imo.

Denis is playing spectacular hockey in the A right now.

Dunno. I think the best tandem configuration is like Roy-Hayward back in the days. Only 5 years difference, Hayward was good enough to keep Roy from feeling complacent. Brought the team 3 straight Jennings in 4 years Hayward was there.

Dunno. I think the best tandem configuration is like Roy-Hayward back in the days. Only 5 years difference, Hayward was good enough to keep Roy from feeling complacent. Brought the team 3 straight Jennings in 4 years Hayward was there.
I hope Avery reads Habsworld forums :lol:

Truth is we have no clue what BOb is going to do. Will it be a simple depth or a mix trade for some excellent grit/skill or a possibly huge deal?

I wonder if Gainey will make a trade by necessity. We have too many players IMO. In one week and hours things could change in so many ways, or not at all. I'm nervous about it but it could turn out to be nothing at all. Time to see Dr. Mcgillicuddy for the solutions. :lol:

Our last game was only 3. It was a late 3rd goal too against Ottawa.

The wind has changed direction. We are going to get hot now as Boston gets cold. This is our pay back game. Vancouver is going down tonight.

3-0 Habs

Kovalev

Koivu

Dandy

Goal scorers may be wrong, but can I please toot my own horn?

TOOT TOOT!!!!!!

Whew, thank you Jaro. Tough game to watch. Some of the penalty calls were pretty iffy, especially the Plek slash. I thought Koivu played very well, and next to Halak, could have made the difference early with that desparation play to get the puck to Plek. Plek was great, Kovy was OK, and AK 46 was lost out there. I'm sure there is a lot on his mind. I love Breezer 2.0, what great value for under a million. and the Schnide 2.0 gives a great new dimension to our PP. I didn't think Komi played that bad. He did have a ferw defensive gaffs, but I saw that burr in his saddle again for the first time in a while. He was an angry man tonight, and that's what I want from him. The last 4 games, I felt the team has played well. Tonight, Halak had to bail them out, but this is what it takes to win. If the goalie is weak, we have to score more, if the defense has a weak game, we have to either score more, or the goalie has to be amazing. Nice win. Great faceoff percentage by the Habs. I hate to say this but "Kyle who?"

Oh yeah, "Holy Crap we gotta PK again!!!"

Edited by BCHabnut

I don't know why people keep talking about trading Halak. It's not like we'd get an elite forward for him anyway. Far, far better to keep two good young goalies around; in fact, I think part of Gainey's argument in dealing Huet was that Halak is also a good goalie and that the odds of both he and Price tanking simultaneously are fairly slim. Halak is proving this to be right.

I've been a bit puzzled by the treatment according Halak over the last two seasons, actually. This is still the guy who took the reins during Huet's injury in 2006-07 and provided us with strong netminding down the pressure-packed, desperate stretch drive. For his pains he was rewarded with a sojourn in the minors, followed by everyone treating him like Price's stick-boy. He's done it before and he can do it again, although Price is still the Future Franchise, so hopefully he doesn't have to do it himself.

I wouldn't be too disconcerted by the SOG. The Habs went into a shell after they'd got the lead. It's a bad habit and one they need to break, but it's a sign of a team that's still working on recovering its confidence. The point is, they're now competing, winning their share of one on one battles, getting goaltending, and getting production from some MIA players like Plekanec as well as specialty teams. Another win or two and we won't see as much of that kind of passive clinging to leads, because the team will feel fully confident again.

Great win tonite for the Habs. Much thanks has gotta go to Halak. Was just remarkable tonite. Nice that the Habs goalie outshone an allstar at the other end. Looked like they were hanging on at the end, but i'll take the 2 points.

Very nice for us B.C. boys to finally have some bragging rights, since many out here are Canuck fans. This W has been a longtime coming.