Lecavalier again...

alexstream

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/271672.html

Larry Brooks has Lecavalier headed to Montreal at the draft, from a source, apparently, from that tid bit, it wouldn't even be a rumour... more like a done thing... lol

well gives us something to dream about and deny reality... good stuff. we need dreams right now. :lol:

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/271672.html

Larry Brooks has Lecavalier headed to Montreal at the draft, from a source, apparently, from that tid bit, it wouldn't even be a rumour... more like a done thing... lol

well gives us something to dream about and deny reality... good stuff. we need dreams right now. :lol:

true, dreams would be good cause this nightmare has to end.

true, dreams would be good cause this nightmare has to end.

If Lecavalier plays for the Habs next year he will manage 42 points in 70 games. It's a curse the Habs have had for way too long.

The Habs are the only team that could have kept Gretzky under 100

Edited by zeous

I want either the Detroit management or New Jersey. Those teams seems to be top notch every year since the 1990's.

200% agree

Flyers's management is not bad either

200% agree

Flyers's management is not bad either

wait till next year before praising the Flyers. they will struggle to get rid of salary.

Forget Lecavalier, I'm still hoping to get Sundin !!!

As much as i'd love to see Vinny in Montreal, He'd have to be crazy to want to be traded!

Edited by Habsfan

Totally agree. He has a cup already, he lives in Florida, there is little to no media hype, he's got a honey contract for the rest of his life, why exactly would he be thinking about leaving Tampa?!? Maybe in a year or two if he gets the itch for another cup run, otherwise he'd be nuts to leave.

a) Sun, sea and surf; low taxes; temp in January, 22 degrees

b) Slush, scrutiny and slags; high taxes; temp in January, -10 degrees

Which would you choose?

Although the subject is getting old, its not out of the realm of possibiltiy. The Lightning owners don't even talk to each other. The organization is shit. Its possible they could win the Tavares sweepstakes.

Nobody wants to watch their games. Which means they have no money to pay there budgets. I believe if they get either Tavares or Hedman.....They may deal Lecavalier

Totally agree. He has a cup already, he lives in Florida, there is little to no media hype, he's got a honey contract for the rest of his life, why exactly would he be thinking about leaving Tampa?!? Maybe in a year or two if he gets the itch for another cup run, otherwise he'd be nuts to leave.

If that's how he feels, then I don't want him.

But if he wants to win again, and knows TB isn't the place and is willing to give up everything you mentioned, then I do want him.

• 2 weeks later...

Just read on Cyberpresse.ca that Vinny,s season is over. He will have a wrist operation in Philadelphia later on this week.

I wonder if this will cool off the trade rumours?? I somehow doubt it!

Larry Brooks live up the adage, never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

From George Gillett's own mouth, neither Bob Gainey nor Pierre Boivin have any interest in taking on a 10-year contract. And yet Larry Brooks has proclaimed the deal done. Put your job on the line, there Lar. If no deal is done at or before the draft, quit sportswriting and go into your true vocation: fiction.

Larry Brooks live up the adage, never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

From George Gillett's own mouth, neither Bob Gainey nor Pierre Boivin have any interest in taking on a 10-year contract. And yet Larry Brooks has proclaimed the deal done. Put your job on the line, there Lar. If no deal is done at or before the draft, quit sportswriting and go into your true vocation: fiction.

Did anyone read the Brooks article? It was completely in jest. He said something to the effect of "Lecavalier to Montreal at the draft or I'll return the money you paid to read this online." It was a free article.

He never claimed it was a done deal, or that it was anything really. He just put it out there whimsically... and qualified it by saying he had no reason to believe it was happening.

So, I assume Larry will keep his word... if no trade happens, he'll give everyone the nothing back they paid to read the article online.

I just wish that more of the fans who are ga-ga over Vinny would show some modicum of awareness that he comes with a ridiculous, potentially franchise-sinking contract attached. I'm not saying that he wouldn't be worth the risk under any circumstances...but it *would* be nice if people recognized that this would be a hugely high-risk acquisition. Then again, a lot of people thought it was a great idea to sign Briere at $8 mil for 10 years, so what do I know.

I just wish that more of the fans who are ga-ga over Vinny would show some modicum of awareness that he comes with a ridiculous, potentially franchise-sinking contract attached. I'm not saying that he wouldn't be worth the risk under any circumstances...but it *would* be nice if people recognized that this would be a hugely high-risk acquisition. Then again, a lot of people thought it was a great idea to sign Briere at $8 mil for 10 years, so what do I know.

You're bang on. We risk becoming Tampa north, too much money locked up in too few players, with a salary cap. Maybe it's worth it who knows.

Lecavalier has good age. Check.

Lecavalier has had two very good seasons. Check.

Lecavalier is on pace for less than .9 pts/gm this year as a superstar franchise player. Uncheck.

Lecavalier has an astronomical cap hit. Uncheck.

Lecavalier's career ppg average is .85. Big uncheck. (compare the lowly Koivu at .81)

Lecavalier's playoff ppg average is .73. Bigger uncheck. (compare the lowly Koivu at .9)

(I'm not trying to say that Koivu, on the downslope of his career, is better than Lecavalier, ostensibly in his prime, I merely put in those numbers for a reality check.)

Lecavalier. Can anyone else say with me: OVERRATED.