Habs @ Flames | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice tip by Gorges. :(

I knew Halak would get screwed tonight by having to play Calgary.. glad Price isn't in, I want him to get in a groove.

Still tonnes of time left...be optimistic and good things will happen

unlike last years team...this team does not seem to have quit in it! :clap:

I know I'm a day late and a dollar short, but that was the best first period I've seen in a very, very long time. Better puck support than at any point in the last few years and when you're trying to defend, that's incredibly important. I also love the fact that this really did look like the lunch-box-crew that many were hoping for. So many good things out of that period. I only hope it continues in the second. Forecheck, forecheck, forecheck!

PVR's the way to go. No commercials or listening to the RDS maroons blithering. :D

(I haven't read anything else in the thread yet. Might be amusing to see this post later after and before a couple of Flamer goals. LOL)

Incidentally, those Flame uni's? Brilliant. When I first turned it on it brought me back to 86 and 89 and I kept thinking I was seeing Niewendyk, Fleury and all those guys. These are by far the best Flame uni's. :clap:

I know I'm a day late and a dollar short, but that was the best first period I've seen in a very, very long time. Better puck support than at any point in the last few years and when you're trying to defend, that's incredibly important. I also love the fact that this really did look like the lunch-box-crew that many were hoping for. So many good things out of that period. I only hope it continues in the second. Forecheck, forecheck, forecheck!

PVR's the way to go. No commercials or listening to the RDS maroons blithering. :D

(I haven't read anything else in the thread yet. Might be amusing to see this post later after and before a couple of Flamer goals. LOL)

Incidentally, those Flame uni's? Brilliant. When I first turned it on it brought me back to 86 and 89 and I kept thinking I was seeing Niewendyk, Fleury and all those guys. These are by far the best Flame uni's. :clap:

thats why they had to cut theo, it would have confused to many of the flamer fans.

is it just me...or did the refs keep their whistles in the dressing room for this one?

Yeah one penalty so far to the Habs and that's it.

Ok how was that not interference?

It's official : I want the Habs to be moved in the Western Conference. Hockey is so much better against Western teams.

It's official : Gionta-Gomez-Cammalleri line is SICK !!!

It's official : Halak will never be #1 with the Habs (or any other team IMO). So many goals just go through him, it's scary how he didn't hold on on the post on the 4th goal.

It's official : I want the Habs to be moved in the Western Conference. Hockey is so much better against Western teams.

It's official : Gionta-Gomez-Cammalleri line is SICK !!!

It's official : Halak will never be #1 with the Habs (or any other team IMO). So many goals just go through him, it's scary how he didn't hold on on the post on the 4th goal.

\what are you talking about? The fourth goal was tipped, twice.. Halak is suppose to stop that?

Just lost 1:30 minute because Halak didn't stop the paly. The play has been on for 5 min and we're running with 3 lines dude FREEZE THE PUCK !!!!

\what are you talking about? The fourth goal was tipped, twice.. Halak is suppose to stop that?

I'm talking about not being stick to the post when the shot is coming from this angle. Yes it was tipped, but should NEVER have passed through him like that.

Man are Gorges and Gill always finding new ways to complicate things and kill the Habs momentum every time they're on the ice. Ugh.

Yup, those unis bring so much good memory of the 80's.

It was tipped twice and that could have thrown him off a little but the puck barely changed direction.

But I'm sure the change of speed could have had something to do with it.

Just lost 1:30 minute because Halak didn't stop the paly. The play has been on for 5 min and we're running with 3 lines dude FREEZE THE PUCK !!!!

I'm talking about not being stick to the post when the shot is coming from this angle. Yes it was tipped, but should NEVER have passed through him like that.

the shot was heading for the middle of the net when it left the guys stick... it was also bobbled when it hit Gorges or he might have had the first deflection.

Seriously, I don't want to go all season having people pick on the goalies for deflected slap shots going in. The only bad goal in this game was by Kipper on the Plek goal. That was a bad play by Kipper.

the shot was heading for the middle of the net when it left the guys stick... it was also bobbled when it hit Gorges or he might have had the first deflection.

Seriously, I don't want to go all season having people pick on the goalies for deflected slap shots going in. The only bad goal in this game was by Kipper on the Plek goal. That was a bad play by Kipper.

I say it was a WEAK goal by a goaler who always allow WEAK goals. It didn't change from last season, it was the same exact thing we were getting from Halak. Unfortunately for him, his size is a concern, especially on these kind of shots. Big guys like Luongo or Price would have been covering the spot on their basic positioning while Halak... well, you saw it.

I'm not saying I hate him or anything, but some people here (and everywhere) see him as our #1, saying he's better than Price, etc. I call Bullshit ALL THE WAY !

Edited by JoeLassister

Well as predicted, we finally faced a really good team. In my opinion, we got lucky on some of those goals to even be in this game. The first was good, but after that we were seriously outplayed.

I didn't really expect them to win, especially with no PP time, no Markov.

We really need to change up the 4th line. You can't have Stewart and BGL on the same line. Too slow. Pick one of them and put the other in the press box.

Other then that, we really need AK to get moving and give Pleks some help on the 2nd line.

Bah.

Good game, dominated the 3rd. We would have won that game if we had a 4th line.

Kosty is coming along, it just looks like a matter of time before Plex gets him going. That little drop-pass-off-the-faceoff trick is bound to work someday.

It was tipped twice and that could have thrown him off a little but the puck barely changed direction.

But I'm sure the change of speed could have had something to do with it.

It was a low slapshot that was deflected a foot off the ice, just high enough to go over Halak's pad. Stick-side, forget it, there's nothing there to cover.

Shame to end up with the loss because they played much better than the first two wins. What a great game to watch though, lots of action, plays going end to end, love it!

Plekanec's looked amazing today, by far the best on the ice. However I dont think I've ever seen a line move so fast as our 1st line does, holy crap can those guys skate.

I say it was a WEAK goal by a goaler who always allow WEAK goals. It didn't change from last season, it was the same exact thing we were getting from Halak. Unfortunately for him, his size is a concern, especially on these kind of shots. Big guys like Luongo or Price would have been covering the spot on their basic positioning while Halak... well, you saw it.

I get it. You don't like Halak. Hence, no point debating with you. ^_^

Shame to end up with the loss because they played much better than the first two wins. What a great game to watch though, lots of action, plays going end to end, love it!

Plekanec's looked amazing today, by far the best on the ice. However I dont think I've ever seen a line move so fast as our 1st line does, holy crap can those guys skate.

I'd be more than happy to face Western teams more than we do now. And even more happy to see the Habs in the Western conference.