[Game Thread] Atlanta Thrashers @ MONTREAL CANADIENS

KoZed

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Current Habswold's poll :

What is Montreal's biggest need currently?

Adding a top-6 forward 56%

More toughness (forward and defence) 10%

Powerplay QB 6%

Puck moving blueliner 14%

Shutdown defenceman 10%

Other 4%

I voted "Other". My vote goes to : WIN THIS ######ING GAME !!!!!

I'll vote other as well, they need 3 top 6 forwards. That second line is invisible. I think they have 2 more goals then i have.

Hopefully they can work hard enough to draw some penalties, i'd like to see if MA Bergeron can help out the PP.

I voted "Other". My vote goes to : WIN THIS ######ING GAME !!!!!

Completely agree. We totally need this one.

GO HABS GO!!!! (dammit)

So, who will be in charge of "stopping" Kovalchuk?

Mara - I hope not

Hal Gill - certainly not; let's see if he can keep the puck before being able to keep an eye on a sniper

Bergeron - good on offense, but can't play Ilya

Spacek - I don't think so

Hamrlik - most likely

Gorges - probably

Edited by rafikz

I want to see the CH stand atop a reasonable .500 at the end of their first 10 games. 2-5-0 so far, that means we must win our next 3.

Come on guys.. get it together. Sure, luck hasn't been on our side lately, but champions make their own luck.

Time to make some luck!

5-2 CH. Cammy gets a pair.

:hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo:

Edited by Cataclaw

Read on TSN that Latendresse will play on the second line. Man I hope Gomez and Gionta can pot a couple. They get 3 or 4 beautiful scoring opportunities a game.

Anyone sorry we didn't go after Gaborik instead of signing Gomer?

Edited by BCHabnut

Read on TSN that Latendresse will play on the second line. Man I hope Gomez and Gionta can pot a couple. They get 3 or 4 beautiful scoring opportunities a game.

Isn't Gaborik injury prone?

Absolutely love the post " JoeLassister " if this does not bring good karma then we are in big trouble. Predicting this game as a turning point in our early season.

GO HABS GO!

5-3 for the Habs,

Gionta with 2 goals and an assist.

Gomez with his second of the season and

MAB with his first goal and assist.

GO HABS GO!

Edited by Chips

We didn't sign Gomer, we traded for him (unless you're calling Gionta Gomer? lol)

Trading for Gomez was the reason we were able to bring in Gionta & Cammalleri. What would we have had to offer Gaborik as playmates without the trade for Gomer? Not much.

But don't worry, Gabby's probably going to get injured soon enough... maybe he'll accidently collide with Higgins during a shift change or something. Then everyone will be talking about how the Rangers made a mistake getting an injury prone player :P

I like Gaborik though, so I hope he keeps going and finally pulls in a full season... but... without hurting the Habs. :D

I'll be at the Bell Centre Tonight in my company's skybox (Free food and booze YABADABADOO!!!!)

I just hope the Habs can win this game!

Edited by Habsfan

We needed a Koivu replacement desperately. Now I dearly wish Bob could have scored a C who actually deserves an $8-mil salary (and already I'm hearing people complaining that Gomez 'needs to start playing like an $8-mil player' - as though anyone in their right minds expected him to play that way). But Gomez does represent a genuine solution to what had been an ever-widening hole at C in the organization. There was no comparable need for a W. So Gomez made for a better priority than Gaborik.

In any case, Gainey wasn't going to touch Gaborik with a ten-foot hockey stick given the latter's history of unending injuries. Bob was clearly trying to acquire durable players after last season's debacle. I don't blame him, really; although the joke's on us with this Markov nightmare.

As for tonight, I predicted that the Habs would hit a crisis point in the first half of the season and that their veteran leadership would take charge and pull them through. I had no idea the first part of that prediction would come true so soon - but I suuuure hope tonight is when the second part starts to materialize ^_^ I can't take another Todd article heaping blame on Carey Price.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber