HALAK's Agent " stirring the Pot"...Here it starts now leading to FA

HabsWEST

" Tongue in Cheek comment" Right???

Allan Walsh later takes it off his Twitter, But comment about his Client Halak, is indication of where his ( the agent ) is directing pending FA this coming year.

Habs can not lose Halak, What if Price doesnt come through? Gainey needs to sign him and stop this " no signing during season philosophy!!!"

Here is the story from TSN this morning: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=297689

On Allan Walsh twitter acount: " WALSHA" , he has taken the comments down...." Either he is setting the stage for his client" or just wants more followers for his twitter account, hehehe

Very irresponsible comment, rather purposely made and timing of waiting for Price to have a less than average performance to justify his clients position, whether setting up for FA bargaining, or stating his client should be given chance to run with being number 1...

IS this coming from AGENT or HALAK or both?...hmmmmm

Just what we need!, Great.... :(

In any event, 10 and 32 for Price, speaks volumes for him and the Team...

We need more!!!

NOTE: he is also agent for Mathieu Carle, made a quick note of his first game, and also on Halak's starts and other clients

Edited by HabsWEST

i dont think bob is going to be happy with the comments but what can you do...this is just more bull for the dressing room, the one thing bob was trying to change..i dont think our goalies are playing bad, i think our defence is lost out there and our team cant fined the back of the net ..in the last 2 games we score 2 goals...no matter whos in net its hard to win thoses games...

Controversial stuff that can start a lengthy debate.

But right now all that I can think of is that 10-32 record. That's a .238 win %.

Stats like that don't mean a lot when you consider that the losses include last year which is meaningless - Price was so messed up that he had no business playing in any of the last 20 or 30 games - I put all of those losses on Bob Gainey for continuing to roll the dice on a messed up young goalie. Not sure if he still could have been sent down to Hamilton, but he should have been in Hamilton there. If a young player is playing with absolutely no confidence and is continually thrown out to the wolves by management, that is on the team management not the player IMO.

What is scary to me is that the Habs had no business winnning the three games that Price did win this year because they stinked up the joint.

While I'm not a big Price booster - I've thought the habs should have been playing Halak as far back as when Huet blow the final game of the season after Halak had put the habs in a position to be challenging for a playoff spot - I think most of his failures can be put on Gainey for trying to force him to be NHL ready when he still has more growing to do.

I also blame gainey for the lousy moves and the worst asset management since Mike Milbury and while he hit pay dirt with Cammy and Gionta, I think he has cripppled the team's future with GOmez's ridiculous contract. Yeah I know, Cammy and Gionta signed bcoz of Gomez, blah, blah, blah. So i guess we are going to be screwed for the next 5 years having 7.5M tied up in a 55-65 point player. He also didn't help the D at all by signing an over-size pylon in Gill, and giving a 4 year deal to a 35 year old. Oh, did i mention that all of the habs young players not named Pleks has regressed so badly that most of them belong in the AHL, but can't be sent down anymore without clearing waivers.

Edited by hab29RETIRED

Heehee. That was pretty smart of his agent. I really believe that Price will be a fantastic goalie, but right now Halak has the better win percentage. This team needs to win games. Plus, why not get Halak playing more and get his value up, so a trade can be made near the deadline. We WILL be sellers this year.

Halak really should fire his agent for this. It is very unprofessional and reflects badly on Halak.

Yeah, especially since Halak has always been a model of professionalism. Never complained ever, even if he had a ton of justified opportunities to do that.

I really hope Gainey learned from last season and will negociate during the season. It's quite a stupide self-imposed rule that has no benefits whatsoever.

Yeah, especially since Halak has always been a model of professionalism. Never complained ever, even if he had a ton of justified opportunities to do that.

I really hope Gainey learned from last season and will negociate during the season. It's quite a stupide self-imposed rule that has no benefits whatsoever.

I hope so to, but won't be holding my breath. Gainey has a habit of marching to his own tune, and doing what he wants- regardless if it makes sense or not, which is why I'm convinced we'll lose pleks for nothing.

Yep, sure wish BG had signed Kovalev and Komiserik last season, NOT!!!!

Nice stupid bunch of comments here from a bunch of panic stricken fans.

Get a grip, do a shot of your favourite poison, and chill!

They will contend this year, even though right now they are just able to keep in games.

Am I they only one that realizes that it would be crazy to expect better than .500 hockey from the current line up?

When Markov went down most here agreed that was the best we could hope for.

Now it is bash the team time? Get a grip!!!!

As for his agents comment, it just shows he is an idiot, nothing new there....

Edited by johnnyhasbeen

Well, Halak has been rather badly treated by the Habs IMHO. He may in fact be the only example that I can think of of a player unjustly treated by the Gainey regime. He single-handedly almost salvaged the season down the stretch in 2007; for that he was sent down to the minors. Sure, he "needed to play," but prima facie it's still no way to reward a guy who carried the team more or less on his back like that. Then, once he forced his way back to the lineup, he was treated like Roberto Luongo's ignominious backup no matter how catastrophically the starter was stinking out the joint. It's as though the Habs have gone out of their way to hang a 'SECOND BANANA' sign on his neck.

Ironically, though, all of this may have helped his development - just as some people argue that Price's Most Favoured Nation treatment damaged his. There were good reasons for what the Habs did, but I can well understand resentment in the Halak camp over it. Which is not to say this agent isn't a putz.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

This SMELLS like a rookie agent move! he knew exactly what he was doing, this is the Canadiens he is messing with not a two bit southern NHL franchise that no one gives a hoot about!, he has/had a plan on how to swing this into the favour of his clients, or at least that is what he thought at the time he posted that tweet!

Too bad for Halak and Carle that they have a TWITTING TWEETER for an agent!

The media will play this for all its worth and it sure will make for good TALK radio but rest assured no one gets away with intimidation like this., any traction his clients had in their good play will now be tainted by only one or two bad plays or games...

For the sake of the TEAM I hope that HALAK and CARLE fire his ass asap!

This SMELLS like a rookie agent move! he knew exactly what he was doing, this is the Canadiens he is messing with not a two bit southern NHL franchise that no one gives a hoot about!, he has/had a plan on how to swing this into the favour of his clients, or at least that is what he thought at the time he posted that tweet!

Too bad for Halak and Carle that they have a TWITTING TWEETER for an agent!

The media will play this for all its worth and it sure will make for good TALK radio but rest assured no one gets away with intimidation like this., any traction his clients had in their good play will now be tainted by only one or two bad plays or games...

For the sake of the TEAM I hope that HALAK and CARLE fire his ass asap!

Right on with the exposure thing. Just adding fuel on the fire because the issue has been discussed plenty already.

Though I'm sure Gainey is smart enough to separate agent and player. Sergei K has one of the most respect agent out there (Meehan) and look how much of a headcase he is.

• 2 weeks later...