Latendresse traded for Benoit Pouliot

huzer

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope these are just rumors. Giving up on Gui so early in his career seems to be a desperation move...not something a good GM would do!?!?!

Beats me, BUT:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beno%C3%AEt_Pouliot

Former Canadian World Junior...2005 first round pick...6'3 200 lbs...11 points in 37 games in his first season...24 pts in 30 games in the AHL this year.

Looks to me like Bob concluded that Gui was never going to become a top-6er and gambles on another young player who maybe has the potential to do it. This is indeed 'giving up' on Lats, but he's getting another young player back.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

It's jsut a swap of 2 arguably under achievers. I belive he is a centre but could be wrong. Lats has worked his way into the pressbox anyway.

Lapierre should be the next one with his eyes open. Pyatt and White are clearly outplaying them.

It's jsut a swap of 2 arguably under achievers. I belive he is a centre but could be wrong. Lats has worked his way into the pressbox anyway.

Lapierre should be the next one with his eyes open. Pyatt and White are clearly outplaying them.

François Leroux, from RDS, doesn't understand this trade. Says that Pouliot is an under-achiever, both in the AHL and NHL. A late bloomer who wasn't playing serious hockey late in his teens. Still, the guy was the 4th pick over-all, just before Price, the same year Latendresse was drafted.

So far, Latendresse has better numbers in the NHL.

Well, let's hope Bob and Martin know what they are doing.

Edited by JCPetit

François Leroux, from RDS, doesn't understand this trade. Says that Pouliot is an under-achiever, both in the AHL and NHL. A late bloomer who wasn't playing serious hockey late in his teens. Still, the guy was the 4th pick over-all, just before Price, the same year Latendresse was drafted.

So far, Latendresse has better numbers in the NHL.

Well, let's hope Bob and Martin know what they are doing.

A few videos of him on YouTube. He looks faster than Lats.

I wouldn't say this is giving up on Lats, it's moreso Bob knowing where Lats currently stands and feels Big Ben can help the team more than Gui can.

At least we get a french guy back, otherwise the french reporters would lose their minds.

Pouliot was drafted same year as Price, 4th overall! That means he was picked BEFORE Price. I repeat, he was the pick immediately BEFORE Price. Gui? 45th overall that same year.

So we just dealt the 45th pick for the 4th. Let's see which one pans out.

Check out full stats on him at http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/players/3781

In short, he's on the IR as of Nov 15th. He had 14 points last season in 37 games.

From Hockey's future:

Pouliot is a very talented player who has yet to put it all together at the pro level. An explosive skater with a good handle on the puck and a hard, accurate shot, he has the tools to be a top-line forward in the NHL. Questions about his attitude, commitment to playing defense and consistency have dogged him since turning pro however. If he can master the mental side of the game and learn a more disciplined approach to the game, he could be a top talent. If not, he could find himself playing in Europe

From Hockey's future:

Pouliot is a very talented player who has yet to put it all together at the pro level. An explosive skater with a good handle on the puck and a hard, accurate shot, he has the tools to be a top-line forward in the NHL. Questions about his attitude, commitment to playing defense and consistency have dogged him since turning pro however. If he can master the mental side of the game and learn a more disciplined approach to the game, he could be a top talent. If not, he could find himself playing in Europe

I say lets give Boucher a few weeks to straighten him out.

anyone know Pouliot's contract status? Wasn't Gui a UFA at season's end?

Same situation. They were drafted in the same year, both coming to the end of 3 year entry level deals.

Hmm, sounds like it was welcomed by Gui.

from habsinsideout:

In an iunterview on CKAC, Latendrese said he was "relieved". He saw the emergence of Tom Pyatt and Ryan White as ominous developments for his future with the team.

"I like the organization," Latendresse said. "I like the fans. I live here, my partner is here.

"But that's hockey."

Well there's a big centre with an elite talent level. Big question is the same that followed Lats.... can he do it in the NHL?

Oh.... and SK gets the call up !!! YAY!!!!!

Edited by Habitforming

Hmm, sounds like it was welcomed by Gui.

from habsinsideout:

In an iunterview on CKAC, Latendrese said he was "relieved". He saw the emergence of Tom Pyatt and Ryan White as ominous developments for his future with the team.

"I like the organization," Latendresse said. "I like the fans. I live here, my partner is here.

"But that's hockey."

If he was worried about Pyatt and White, I guess his standing with the club was low. I guess many had pegged him higher on the totem pole than a grinding type. Then again, White shows more offensive promise by the game (yes, still limited, but I see potential).