Cam disappointed he didn't get an invite from Team Canada

rafikz

I dont think Team Canada is even considering Cammy. :puke:

I saw stats on the top Canadian goal scorers for the calender year of 2009 last week and Cammy was in the top 6. Cammy was in a 3 way tie with Stamkos and Marleau. None of the 3 are on the team. :wacko:

Apparently they are now considering taking Stamkos.

It pisses me off, its just stupid. I'm certain Sweden is sending its top 6 scorers in 2009, same with Russia, Czechs, etc. All of the countries will be sending their best players, well except the host country, Canada. wtf. :puke:

I dont remember who the top 3 Canadian goal scorers were in 2009 calender year but 1 was Iginla and I beleive the other 2 were Heatley and Nash. Stamkos, Cammy, and Marleau were in a 3 way tie (4th, 5th, 6th) Canada is taking only 3 of its top 6 scorers in 2009. Utterly brilliant.

I almost wish the list showed the top 10, but it would probably be more stupidity. I wouldnt be surprised if theres only 4 in the top 10 going.

tbh Canada could probably send 3 teams and all 3 be competitive. Ironically I think it would be better. For some reason we always seem to send the wrong people and leave a lot of better players off the team. :rolleyes:

It pisses me off, its just stupid. I'm certain Sweden is sending its top 6 scorers in 2009, same with Russia, Czechs, etc. All of the countries will be sending their best players, well except the host country, Canada. wtf. :puke:

I dont remember who the top 3 Canadian goal scorers were in 2009 calender year but 1 was Iginla and I beleive the other 2 were Heatley and Nash. Stamkos, Cammy, and Marleau were in a 3 way tie (4th, 5th, 6th) Canada is taking only 3 of its top 6 scorers in 2009. Utterly brilliant.

I almost wish the list showed the top 10, but it would probably be more stupidity. I wouldnt be surprised if theres only 4 in the top 10 going.

tbh Canada could probably send 3 teams and all 3 be competitive. Ironically I think it would be better. For some reason we always seem to send the wrong people and leave a lot of better players off the team. :rolleyes:

Sweden is dreaming of Näslund and Forsberg atm.. They both are playing tonight for MoDo in sweden, Forsberg has 1 goal and 1 assist so far, Näslund 1 assist.

Just hoping for Forsberg to stay healthy and get into real gameshape and I will love our team for the olympics. About Canada having two teams... why not? Since a country can have several swimmers, runners, skiers and stuff, why not have several competetive hockeyteams as well? Would be fun. Or split canada into one frankophone team and one ontario team and one western canada team.

Edited by Dalhabs

Sweden is dreaming of Näslund and Forsberg atm.. They both are playing tonight for MoDo in sweden, Forsberg has 1 goal and 1 assist so far, Näslund 1 assist.

Just hoping for Forsberg to stay healthy and get into real gameshape and I will love our team for the olympics. About Canada having two teams... why not? Since a country can have several swimmers, runners, skiers and stuff, why not have several competetive hockeyteams as well? Would be fun. Or split canada into one frankophone team and one ontario team and one western canada team.

think about the politics of that move. Would francophone ontarians or western francophones be allowed on the french team. How would eligibilty be determined. Makes my head hurt. :lol:

think about the politics of that move. Would francophone ontarians or western francophones be allowed on the french team. How would eligibilty be determined. Makes my head hurt. :lol:

Makes my country hurt!!

Naslund wasn't on Sweden's long list of players that they had to send to the IOC/IIHF in preperation for the Olympics. Forsberg is, though. So Forsberg could be at the Olympics, but Naslund can not be.

Marleau is getting considered for Team Canada. He was at the orientation camp. Stamkos and Cammalleri obviously weren't, and now Stamkos is getting consideration.

Marleau-Thornton-Heatley is a ready made line that Team Canada is considering sending. Those 3 even practiced together at the summer camp in Calgary, as if Babcock knew something about where Heatley was going to end up.

Cammalleri should've been invited, but if Marc Savard didn't it's hard to argue too hard for Cammalleri's appearance.

Vive Yzerman.

• 2 weeks later...
How's this for an interview: (not Olympic related, but wow)

http://www.gazblogs.com/habsinsideout-file...0cammalleri.MP3

I know people think that Markov's lack of a good quote are a knock against his captaincy, but as long as the Habs have Cammalleri, Gionta, Gorges and Lapierre I think that Markov won't need to step up media wise if he's named the captain.

Cammalleri is filling the old Souray/Rivet role with the media in spades. Plus, he's an on ice star who could be Montreal's first 40 goal scorer since Damphousse.

Oh my, I hope there are no french politicians who post on this site, because we're in trouble. You just gave them an idea.

Oh my, I hope there are no french politicians who post on this site, because we're in trouble. You just gave them an idea.

They already had that idea. The Bloc Quebecois put having a full Quebec team at the Olympics on a previous election platform.

I'm glad Cammy won't be able to play in the Olympics. It'll mean there aren't any chances he gets injured! If we lose Cammy, we won't score any goals!

I'm glad Cammy won't be able to play in the Olympics. It'll mean there aren't any chances he gets injured! If we lose Cammy, we won't score any goals!

Also a thing, do we want Markov to be in the olympics?

I don't want any habs to play in the damned Olympics. They will be exhausted enough and beat-up enough by the desperate battle to claim one of the two available playoff spots without that.

Cam's non-invitation is a symptom of the strange lack of respect he receives. It's funny how that goes; some star-quality players are just consisently dismissed, perhaps because of the market they play in, or their size, or maybe because theyhave yet to make their mark in the playoffs. It's odd. Markov gets the same neglectful treatment to a lesser extent. I recall for years Danny Briere was ignored as well. And all I can say is that if Cammalleri was 6'2 with exactly the same game and exactly the same numbers he would probably be universally recognized as a major NHL threat. The guy is a 40-goal scorer fer chrissakes.

I don't want any habs to play in the damned Olympics. They will be exhausted enough and beat-up enough by the desperate battle to claim one of the two available playoff spots without that.

Cam's non-invitation is a symptom of the strange lack of respect he receives. It's funny how that goes; some star-quality players are just consisently dismissed, perhaps because of the market they play in, or their size, or maybe because theyhave yet to make their mark in the playoffs. It's odd. Markov gets the same neglectful treatment to a lesser extent. I recall for years Danny Briere was ignored as well. And all I can say is that if Cammalleri was 6'2 with exactly the same game and exactly the same numbers he would probably be universally recognized as a major NHL threat. The guy is a 40-goal scorer fer chrissakes.

I posted a few months back that I wasn't sure the olympics were a good idea for Markov. Alot seemed to disagree, getting all high and mighty about playing for one's country. Or how it's better hockey, who wouldn't want to see the best of the best? I'm with you on this, we've had enough injuries.

Edited by Habsy