Any news on Pouliot?

TheDriveFor25

Pouilot is a swing-for-the-fences acquisition. Boom or bust. I really hope he blossoms, because we're long overdue for some good old fashioned luck when it comes to these things.

well the other side of that trade is working. Latendresse is playing well in Mini.

They're giving him ice. That's key when you get a player: give him a chance to prove himself. I hope they dont stash Pouliot down on the 3rd or 4th line. 

Yeah, I'm starting to get nervous about Latendresse. Not that I wish him ill or anything, but if he suddenly emerges as a bona fide, clear-cut top-6 forward - and Pouilot doesn't - it may become more than I can take as a fan. Not another asset wasted!!!! :puke:

Boone and Hickey mentioned that Pouliot has rail thin legs.

That makes me nervous.

If they're as tough as rails, there won't be any problems.

I suspect he'll be in the lineup on Monday as the Habs just sent White back to Hamilton, S. Kostitsyn questionable.

http://twitter.com/habsworld_net/status/6373567521

According to François Gagnon of La Presse, SK told to the journalists who met him after the game that the injury was not serious.

Edited by JCPetit

Boone and Hickey mentioned that Pouliot has rail thin legs.

That makes me nervous.

Hockey players have thin legs. It's normal. Even Ovechkin's got tiny calves. The power in a hockey stride comes from the thighs and the ass muscles. Calves are just extra matter to lug around.

It's his wrist that's hurt.

Anybody know when he'll be in the lineup? I saw him play a bunch as a junior and he was fantastic, so I am excited about him being a Canadien!!!

F. Gagnon said he is ready for action, see article:

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hockey/ln...u-vestiaire.php

GO :hlogo: GO!!!!

Lines at Practice were:

Cammalleri - Plekanec - A Kostitsyn

Pyatt - Gomez - D'Agostini

Pacioretty - Metropolit - Moen

Bergeron - Pouliot - Lapierre - Laraque

I don't know what we should expect from Pouliot getting about 7 minutes/game on the fourth line. The only way I can see him getting top 6 minutes is if he is moved to the wing, but I think I read somewhere that he wants to play centre. And one of the reasons he had a hard time adjusting in Minnesota was because they used him almost exclusively as a winger.

Lines at Practice were:

I don't know what we should expect from Pouliot getting about 7 minutes/game on the fourth line. The only way I can see him getting top 6 minutes is if he is moved to the wing, but I think I read somewhere that he wants to play centre. And one of the reasons he had a hard time adjusting in Minnesota was because they used him almost exclusively as a winger.

Putting him on the 4th is a smart idea for now, especially since he'll have missed over 2 weeks now - let him play a few games, get his timing/legs back, then consider moving him up. That being said, Pyatt on the 2nd line never looks good...time to promote Bergeron? :) :puke:

Lines at Practice were:

Seeing as its his first practice with the team, I'm not surprised to see him playing on the fourth line (He was alternating with Laraque and Bergeron as winger on that line). He's still to be evaluated on Monday if he can even play, but it won't be long before we see him on Gomez's wing, IMO.

I think he was picked up so that Max Pac can stay with Metro and Moen, and Pouliot will be the big body with Gomez and Gionta.

Putting him on the 4th is a smart idea for now, especially since he'll have missed over 2 weeks now - let him play a few games, get his timing/legs back, then consider moving him up. That being said, Pyatt on the 2nd line never looks good...time to promote Bergeron? :) :puke:

Pyatt won't play much if Pouliot is available. Don't forget that Gionta is probably 10 to 14 days from practicing with the team. If there are no injuries in the mean time, Pyatt will be sent to Hamilton like White today. Not that they have done a bad job -- there won't be a spot in the line-up, so better send them to farm team to work on their abilities.

I will be annoyed if SK gets sent down again.

When everyone's healthy, it seems almost a given - activate Gionta and Markov off IR, 2 have to go (I'm assuming White's demotion was making room for Pouliot) - Pyatt will be one, but will they let Bergeron go? I suspect not. Of course, there's bound to be another (or 4) injuries by the time that ever happens...

When everyone's healthy, it seems almost a given - activate Gionta and Markov off IR, 2 have to go (I'm assuming White's demotion was making room for Pouliot) - Pyatt will be one, but will they let Bergeron go? I suspect not. Of course, there's bound to be another (or 4) injuries by the time that ever happens...

Considering the lack of generally anything positive that D'Agostini has done this season, I expect he'll be the one sent down or traded.

Considering the lack of generally anything positive that D'Agostini has done this season, I expect he'll be the one sent down or traded.

You'd have to think that one of these days, someone in management will remember there's such a thing called a salary cap - turfing their 2 cheapest players in Chipchura/Stewart do have negative elements to them. As D'Agostini's the cheapest left, I like his chances of staying.

You'd have to think that one of these days, someone in management will remember there's such a thing called a salary cap - turfing their 2 cheapest players in Chipchura/Stewart do have negative elements to them. As D'Agostini's the cheapest left, I like his chances of staying.

Does it not work cap-wise?

If they send Kostitsyn down after he legitimately outplays others, and he's not coming back again.

Edited by Trizzak

Does it not work cap-wise?

If they send Kostitsyn down after he legitimately outplays others, and he's not coming back again.

I'm still waiting on confirmation on how to officially count Stewart's situation so I can't really run the numbers at the moment. However, the Habs were what, less than 1 million under the cap when the season started and that was with those 2 (Stewart, Chipchura) both on the roster with more expensive players in the minors. Couple that with all the LTIR stuff and I'm not sure it would. Can't say with certainty though, won't be able to do any real capology stuff until the middle of next week though.

Hockey players have thin legs. It's normal. Even Ovechkin's got tiny calves. The power in a hockey stride comes from the thighs and the ass muscles. Calves are just extra matter to lug around.

It's his wrist that's hurt.

Last time I checked, your thighs were part of your legs.

The guys was a project pick, he is a roll of the dice acquisition and he has a reputation of being lazy.

Hearing that he has rail thin legs makes me nervous.

I am not setting myself up. Either he will impress me and win me over, or he will not.

Edited by Wamsley01