GDT: Penguins vs Canadiens

dlbalr

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry, they'll even things up once the game's out of reach.

I don't remember who the refs were but that bastard actually had the balls to call a penalty against the Pens with 2 seconds to go. It's as if he was trying to rub some salt in the wound.

The Habs deserved 5 of their 6 penalties. Teh refs called the penalties our boys deserved, but what pisses me off is that they weren'T calling them agains the Pens. FVC.KING bull shit!!!

Refs blew chunks tonight...Price muggled the glove shot, but he kept them in it most of the night. Hard to get momentum when the refs only see it one way...

That was a tough deflection from hammer's blade

In succession. the icing on Cammie, the Gill penalty for playing the puck and Sid the f#cking baby tripping over him, then Moen hit right in the numbers by goligoski. then call back a obvious goal!

I understand the whole "I was going to blow the whistle thing". But Fleury was not even close to having the puck covered, nor did he even pretend to. Who the hell blows the whistle when the puck is bouncing around in the crease????

That was a tough deflection from hammer's blade

In succession. the icing on Cammie, the Gill penalty for playing the puck and Sid the f#cking baby tripping over him, then Moen hit right in the numbers by goligoski. then call back a obvious goal! Then Georges gets interfered with/stick held right in front of the ref, and no call.

It's not so much the penalty calls against us that are disturbing, it's that we have such a hard time getting a call from the refs in any given game. I don't understand it, how can the possibly miss so many obvious calls against us? Especially since they just finished giving the pens 3 straight powerplays in the third period of a tie game. After our third penalty in the third I said to my wife well the good thing is we will probably get a pp or 2 near the end of the third to even it up. No such luck. Not only did we not get a pp, they waived off the tying goal that clearly should have counted.

If we miss the playoffs by 1 point, Chris Lee is going to be on the receiving end of a lot of fan hate.

That's his name! I wish i knew where that bastard lived...

Price may have given up a weak goal, but in no way was this loss his fault. He made dozens of great saves tonight to keep the Habs in it. The forwards weren't able to get one for Carey!

Fu.ckin' refs. I'm still pissed off.

It's not so much the penalty calls against us that are disturbing, it's that we have such a hard time getting a call from the refs in any given game.

Agreed. Like I said earlier, we derserved almost every penalty we got, what I have a hard time believing is that the pens only got 2 penalties all game(both in the 2nd period) What a load of horseshit!!!

What sucks is that this ref is gonna get away with this lousy performance and he won't get sanctionned in any way!

Edited by Habsfan

The penalty against the Pens with 2 seconds to go is what gets me most upset.

"Hmm, well i just denied the home team a goal to tie the game, i'll call a penalty against the opposing team with 2 seconds to go in order to make it seem like i'm not some asshole piece of shit referee. That'll surely even things up and make it alright."

All your bad calls are forgiven, mr. referees, you called a penalty against the Pens with 2 seconds to go.

I vote that we institute a challenge rule, similar to football. Coaches are allowed a limited number of challenges per game. Challenging sends it upstairs to video review. Lose the challenge and forfeit any time outs or something like that. Win the challenge, and obtain the verdict determined by the folks upstairs.

Edited by Cataclaw

As a teenager, I refereed minor hockey, I was horrible. As a result though, I usually leave complaing about the officiating to leaf fan. It's just an easy excuse. But the way things are going lately, I just find it harder and harder to defend the refs.

It's not so much the penalty calls against us that are disturbing, it's that we have such a hard time getting a call from the refs in any given game. I don't understand it, how can the possibly miss so many obvious calls against us? Especially since they just finished giving the pens 3 straight powerplays in the third period of a tie game. After our third penalty in the third I said to my wife well the good thing is we will probably get a pp or 2 near the end of the third to even it up. No such luck. Not only did we not get a pp, they waived off the tying goal that clearly should have counted.

What are you talking about? The great Chris Lee gave us an even up call with 4 seconds left!

Geting eaten up from the inside doesn't sound healthy!

I am very happy with the excellent game the boys played tonight. Great game. Nice work Habs!

Mr G is a GENIUS! :blink:

I hope his first game is a big win. I am very happy for you both. :clap:

I had to get him to plug his ears when that @!(**&^^!!!!@@#^^%%%&&!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ref waved off a good goal. I hate it when a referees mistake costs the Habs a game. BTW, Bob Errey might well be the worst hockey broadcaster on the planet.

Edited by PMAC

Watching the highlights this morning just made me furious all over again. The goal error was a mistake, but there were tonnes of other mistakes. Remember Cammy beating the icing, just to have the linesman blow it anyway. How about all the holds and interference calls that were not called, while every time a pen fell down we were in the box. Brutal.

That said, if this team doesn't start driving harder offensively we will see this night after night. The team gets outshot consistently, spends most of the night in their own zone, and is constantly on the defensive. We have been lucky to win the last few games. This style of play is not going to serve us in the long run.

I am still waiting for this mythical "speedy team that plays a puck possession game". Most nights, we look slow as molasses. The Leafs look faster then us!