Halak 1st star of the week in the NHL

rafikz

Next we will be looking to trade CAMMY! If anyone wants to jump the bandwagon now would not be a good time. Remember, our beloved habs usually have a lovely fall from grace after Christmas, and just into the new year. If they hold their own now. and in the next month, we are looking at a very VERY VERY VERY VERY! good spring. GO HABS GO!

NO TRADES until the trade deadline. Then I'd like a superstar please! aka game breaker... who can win it for us on a single rush! GO HABS GO!

They have gamebreakers, they just don't show up enough. I have no complaints about the top 6 right now, let them play together for a while.

They need a significant Defensive upgrade and a 4th line who knows how to play physical, and shut down the other teams best line.

More accolades for Halak as he was named to the Slovakian Olympic team today, the 4th Hab to named to an Olympic team thus far. Other Slovak goalies are Peter Budaj and ex-Cap prospect Rastislav Stana, so he has a pretty good shot at being the #1 I'd say.

They have gamebreakers, they just don't show up enough. I have no complaints about the top 6 right now, let them play together for a while.

They need a significant Defensive upgrade and a 4th line who knows how to play physical, and shut down the other teams best line.

I think our physical line should be our 3rd, with Pacioretty and Moen. Since someone mentioned "selling high", I'd think it'd be time to trade Metropolit. Face it, he got those stats mostly from playing on the PP, just because he was one of our rare right-hand shots. With Gio back, no more PP for Metro. I wont say he's useless, but his use is very limited otherwise. That's the spot where I'd want to put a big C who is strong defensively and can take important defensive faceoffs. Should fit well with Moen and give us a real checking line. For once, we'd get something for nothing. Trade a waiver pick up, always nice.

I'd keep Laps & SKost together on the 4th and try to find them a grating, physical winger with decent offense to make an annoying energy-kid line. Maybe Pacioretty could fit there. That'd be a kick ass line. 

On D, we desperately need a right-handed D who can make a first pass. I can't stomach watching O'Byrne, Gill and Gorges handle the puck like it was a live grenade. You can't have Gorges and Gill on the same pair, doesnt work. Gill needs a partner he can just dump the puck to, a D that will move it forward. Right now you see Gorges dump the puck to Gill, it's messed up. Anyways, the D corps as a whole is messed up. Too many lefties. Spacek is just not comfortable on the right side, Mara and Gill can't even play there, Gorges and MAB not any better. I just dont understand why Gainey didnt pay closer attention to that, other than the fact that Weber, Carle and Subban are all righties. We'll be blessed with a good puck mover on the right side for years to come, just not this season. 

So if you really want to kill many birds with one stone, you move Metropolit, Gorges, D'Agostini and Halak and Spacek/Mara. Get yourself a cheap big C, a 1-year veteran right-handed D and some picks. Should open up some cap room to re-sign Plex in the process. 

I agree about a 3rd line centre. An upgrade is needed. Metro is a good spare part on a good team, a role player on an average team and a good pickup for a playoff contender.

I am more of a traditionlist whaen it comes to lines, i want the 4th line to pound the other team, change momentum, fight, stand up for others. They should be big a nd physical.

Sk doesn't belong there. Neither does Lappiere this year. Laraque would be fine if he had 2 wingers who played that way.

Clutterbuck Prust Laraque. That is my idea if a good 4th line.

Does anyone know what side Subban plays? I bet he is on the roster next year.

Weber and Carle are pretty much the same type player, like Spacek and hammer are similar

O'Byrne, Gorges, one of Hamrlik or Spacek can all go. Mara is a good bottom pairing guy unless you have Gill back there. Gill is fine with a puck moving guy on the bottom pair.

They need the upgrade with D who can skate and move the puck, none of those listed do that.

I agree about a 3rd line centre. An upgrade is needed. Metro is a good spare part on a good team, a role player on an average team and a good pickup for a playoff contender.

I am more of a traditionlist whaen it comes to lines, i want the 4th line to pound the other team, change momentum, fight, stand up for others. They should be big a nd physical.

Sk doesn't belong there. Neither does Lappiere this year. Laraque would be fine if he had 2 wingers who played that way.

Clutterbuck Prust Laraque. That is my idea if a good 4th line.

Does anyone know what side Subban plays? I bet he is on the roster next year.

Weber and Carle are pretty much the same type player, like Spacek and hammer are similar

O'Byrne, Gorges, one of Hamrlik or Spacek can all go. Mara is a good bottom pairing guy unless you have Gill back there. Gill is fine with a puck moving guy on the bottom pair.

They need the upgrade with D who can skate and move the puck, none of those listed do that.

Well, I dont disagree with you. My HWL team has a goon 4th line. Old vets, minimal ice-time, only job is to kick ass. I think it's the traditional, ideal role of 4th liners. For the Habs, I'd see:

Cammalleri - Plekanec - A. Kostitsyn

Pouliot - Gomez - Gionta

Pacioretty - Lapierre - S. Kostitsyn

Good 2-way winger - Big C - Moen

Basically, all lines would play an aggressive 2-men forecheck and in the defensive zone they wouldnt have to come down so low, just to be more dangerous off the rush. We have tons of speed but aren't using it enough. The Kid line would actually be the 3rd, not the 4th. The 4th line would have Moen and 2 guys we'd have to add. I'd be the only trully physical, defensive line. If you see the Kid Line struggle, you cut down their ice-time and use the 4th line more. 

With our speed, we'd be freaking exhausting to play against if we always threw 1 guy deep in the zone to pressure the puck and another one looking to cut the first pass, all game long on at least the top 3 lines. Create turnovers, penalties.   

Yea, it's a shame once they score a goal or get a lead they just start standing around. Until Martin goes i don't think fans will see that style of play.

It looked good in the first period last night.

Well, I dont disagree with you. My HWL team has a goon 4th line. Old vets, minimal ice-time, only job is to kick ass. I think it's the traditional, ideal role of 4th liners. For the Habs, I'd see:

Cammalleri - Plekanec - A. Kostitsyn

Pouliot - Gomez - Gionta

Pacioretty - Lapierre - S. Kostitsyn

Good 2-way winger - Big C - Moen

Basically, all lines would play an aggressive 2-men forecheck and in the defensive zone they wouldnt have to come down so low, just to be more dangerous off the rush. We have tons of speed but aren't using it enough. The Kid line would actually be the 3rd, not the 4th. The 4th line would have Moen and 2 guys we'd have to add. I'd be the only trully physical, defensive line. If you see the Kid Line struggle, you cut down their ice-time and use the 4th line more. 

With our speed, we'd be freaking exhausting to play against if we always threw 1 guy deep in the zone to pressure the puck and another one looking to cut the first pass, all game long on at least the top 3 lines. Create turnovers, penalties.   

I would agree.

I thought the whole 2 man O system JM was preaching at the begining of the season was just that.

I am hoping that once our guys back from the clinic have had a few games behind them, JM will start style that of game with our boys.

I think most of the Habs like hard in your face skating games, as from what I see the leaders do.

And Colin... with no disrespect, I do hope you are wrong.

And Colin... with no disrespect, I do hope you are wrong.

DAMMIT. I hate when this happens. :P Either I'm having an Alzheimers moment, a post of mine was erased, or you're talking about something I may have posted in another thread, but whatever the case, I have no clue what you're referring to!!! :lol:

DAMMIT. I hate when this happens. :P Either I'm having an Alzheimers moment, a post of mine was erased, or you're talking about something I may have posted in another thread, but whatever the case, I have no clue what you're referring to!!! :lol:

Ya, i was confused too. i looked through the posts and there was nothing from colin. ???

I think our physical line should be our 3rd, with Pacioretty and Moen. Since someone mentioned "selling high", I'd think it'd be time to trade Metropolit. Face it, he got those stats mostly from playing on the PP, just because he was one of our rare right-hand shots. With Gio back, no more PP for Metro. I wont say he's useless, but his use is very limited otherwise. That's the spot where I'd want to put a big C who is strong defensively and can take important defensive faceoffs. Should fit well with Moen and give us a real checking line. For once, we'd get something for nothing. Trade a waiver pick up, always nice.

I'd keep Laps & SKost together on the 4th and try to find them a grating, physical winger with decent offense to make an annoying energy-kid line. Maybe Pacioretty could fit there. That'd be a kick ass line. 

On D, we desperately need a right-handed D who can make a first pass. I can't stomach watching O'Byrne, Gill and Gorges handle the puck like it was a live grenade. You can't have Gorges and Gill on the same pair, doesnt work. Gill needs a partner he can just dump the puck to, a D that will move it forward. Right now you see Gorges dump the puck to Gill, it's messed up. Anyways, the D corps as a whole is messed up. Too many lefties. Spacek is just not comfortable on the right side, Mara and Gill can't even play there, Gorges and MAB not any better. I just dont understand why Gainey didnt pay closer attention to that, other than the fact that Weber, Carle and Subban are all righties. We'll be blessed with a good puck mover on the right side for years to come, just not this season. 

So if you really want to kill many birds with one stone, you move Metropolit, Gorges, D'Agostini and Halak and Spacek/Mara. Get yourself a cheap big C, a 1-year veteran right-handed D and some picks. Should open up some cap room to re-sign Plex in the process. 

You couldn't be more correct. Many of our losses were due to slow defense. last year our D was a little weak too, but they didn't get beat by the dump nearly as much. Dandy, Booboo were a million miles an hour faster than Gill and Mara. Also no right handers??? As far as dealing Metro, that's a tough one. He's a good depth guy. I would do it in a heart beat if we could find a true shut down C like Paullson though.

WHOOOO!!!!

MY BAD Colin:(

I ment Chris.

I am tring to pay more attention to the ppl I read before I post.

But obviously I need to keep working on it :wacko:

I apologise again, my bad

WHOOOO!!!!

MY BAD Colin:(

I ment Chris.

I am tring to pay more attention to the ppl I read before I post.

But obviously I need to keep working on it :wacko:

I apologise again, my bad

No worries. I'm sure a few weeks of therapy will relieve a little of the persecution syndrome symptoms. :lol::P