Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

so is hasek :P

kinda odd to compare both goalie: one got picked up from waivers while the other one thrives in detroit.

Burke is a fix until Garon comes back, they will not trade for Aebi. I was flipping through some games last night and Stan fishler i think it was said on the Devils intermission that the Habs are in serious talks to get Forseberg. That's the first i heard from something other then a rumor site, But who knows.

I do beleive BG needs to do something. 1 shake the team up and 2 get some D who can skate, a second line center is a big need as well. I'm sure he'll do something.

"We haven't talked to Montreal," Tallon told The Canadian Press. "This all started because I was at the Montreal-Vancouver game this week en route to the Top Prospects Game (in Quebec City). It's amazing how rumours start."

Guess Rivet-for-Aucoin is false.

So who is rumoured to go if we get Forsberg?

Here's the answer to my own question:

The Detroit Free Press suggests the Wings make a bid for Flyers C Peter Forsberg who, if healthy, could be re-signed to a multi-year deal in the off-season. The Philadelphia Inquirer, while noting rumours out of Montreal that included the Canadiens seeking Forsberg, insists that he is more likely to finish the season in Philadelphia while searching for a solution to his ongoing foot problems.

I don't know, the injuries this guy's been facing lead me to question how long he could stay off the shelf for Montreal.

Don't delude yourselves, the cost won't just be David Aebischer. If they would move him, the Flyers would be looking more along the lines of young prospects such as Grabovski, Kostsityn, etc.

Forsberg would be a funny signing. Being injury prone and oldish, he's the type of player you add as part of a Cup run - not as part of the ongoing process of building a contender.

I've heard the Forsberg and Conroy rumours enough to suggest that Gainey is definitely pursuing every lead for a decent C. But I wish the players implicated were younger...

Don't get too excited over Forsberg. It's not worth trading away top prospects for him because there's no guarantee he'd even play for us. He gets injured every 5 games nowadays. Of course, when he is playing, he's one of the best in the league. Big gamble. Also, remember that his salary is enormous.

Sportsnet is crap if they believe the Habs will only need to trade Bonk + Aebischer who are two UFA's at the end of the year. If there is a bidding war the Flyers will demand at least a 1st round pick or quality prospect.

Don't get too excited over Forsberg. It's not worth trading away top prospects for him because there's no guarantee he'd even play for us. He gets injured every 5 games nowadays. Of course, when he is playing, he's one of the best in the league. Big gamble. Also, remember that his salary is enormous.

Yeah well the season is more than half over and Forsberg is the only player I believe to not play one game in the regular season and then lead the playoffs in scoring. In my opinion with Koivu and Forsberg the Habs have two excellent centres for the playoff run both are oft injured and considered band-aids by many. But with two band -aids at least one is bound to stick for a while.

The guys on Sportsnet just said the complete opposite. They believe Philly would have to add something to Forsberg to move him because of his injured foot. Teams don't want to spend 2 million on a guy that misses half the games.

i wouldn't want forsberg anyway...

GO :hlogo: GO!

Souray can't move the puck. But unlike the other 3 (Teverdosky???), he can blast the hell out of it. Their PP is mid-level, their goals is below the average, they are second-worst in the league!

Anyway, with his skill set and his daughter situation - probably will end up signing long-term due to that - I would think some team in Cali would bite. I just see LA as the most logical, in terms of needs. Especially before all the casual fans float over to the Mighty Suck.

The guys on Sportsnet just said the complete opposite. They believe Philly would have to add something to Forsberg to move him because of his injured foot. Teams don't want to spend 2 million on a guy that misses half the games.

Exactly. No one wants ot trade top prospects for a highly paid rental who may not even play.

I really like the Aucoin for Rivet and Samsonov trade. Aucoin has struggled this year but who hasn't on that shitty Chicago team. HE's way better than Rivet and Samsonov has been a huge bust and is on the hook for next year as well.

Aucoin is capable of logging huge minutes and has a shot similar to Rivet from the point. I'm sure Carbonneau, Jarvis and Muller could turn his game around and make him a stud again. Plus he's a right handed shot. The only downside is his contract of $8 Million total for next year and the year after. But thats manageable. E sepiecally if he turns it around. I'd make that deal in a second.

Aucoin is capable of logging huge minutes and has a shot similar to Rivet from the point. I'm sure Carbonneau, Jarvis and Muller could turn his game around and make him a stud again. Plus he's a right handed shot. The only downside is his contract of $8 Million total for next year and the year after. But thats manageable. E sepiecally if he turns it around. I'd make that deal in a second.

I don't think one All-Star season means he was ever really a stud, and then he didn't even top 50 points. Also, you compare his shot to Rivet? His shot is like Souray, he tied him in the hardest shot competition last All-Star game. I think he's comparable to Souray, which means if they did trade for him, we could kiss Souray goodbye, because we wouldn't be able to pay Aucoin 4 million and also pay Markov and Souray well.

I don't think one All-Star season means he was ever really a stud, and then he didn't even top 50 points. Also, you compare his shot to Rivet? His shot is like Souray, he tied him in the hardest shot competition last All-Star game. I think he's comparable to Souray, which means if they did trade for him, we could kiss Souray goodbye, because we wouldn't be able to pay Aucoin 4 million and also pay Markov and Souray well.

YEs your right. I was typing too fast. I meant his shot was like Sourays. Aucoin is far better defensively than either Souray or Rivet. The only reason you've probably never heard of him or know of his skills is he's played in Chicago and on Long Island. Not exactly places where you get a reputation for playing well defensively.

So you really think Aucoins $500,000 extra dollars over Samsonov's contract is really going to prevent Montreal from paying both Souray and Markov? I don't think so. Truth is, Souray is gone after this year and we better get used to it. First off, somebody is going to pay him $5 + million dollars. And we all know he'snot worth that. Second of all. T he rumours won't go away that he wants to move westward. And where theres smoke. Theres fire

Souray can't move the puck. But unlike the other 3 (Teverdosky???), he can blast the hell out of it. Their PP is mid-level, their goals is below the average, they are second-worst in the league!

Sorry but Souray is one of the 3 defs (Markov and Streit (is he a D anymore?)) who can skate with the puck and get in the offensive zone with it.

Half of the time (maybe more) he throws it deep, but sometimes we can see some moves and few good pass. Not as Markov do, but at least he try.

Dandenault, Bouillon, Rivet and Komi ALWAYS drop the puck deep, but not Souray. Even sometimes he shots from the red line and the keeper got a hard time with the shot...

YEs your right. I was typing too fast. I meant his shot was like Sourays. Aucoin is far better defensively than either Souray or Rivet. The only reason you've probably never heard of him or know of his skills is he's played in Chicago and on Long Island. Not exactly places where you get a reputation for playing well defensively.

So you really think Aucoins $500,000 extra dollars over Samsonov's contract is really going to prevent Montreal from paying both Souray and Markov? I don't think so. Truth is, Souray is gone after this year and we better get used to it. First off, somebody is going to pay him $5 + million dollars. And we all know he'snot worth that. Second of all. The rumours won't go away that he wants to move westward. And where theres smoke. Theres fire

I know exactly who he is, I've known him well before his All-Star season. Still, I've never tought of him as a great defender.

As for the money part, yeah, I wasn't even thinking about the savings of losing Samsonov's salary. I was thinking just of Aucoin's salary, wasn't thinking about who was involved in any trade.

Sorry but Souray is one of the 3 defs (Markov and Streit (is he a D anymore?)) who can skate with the puck and get in the offensive zone with it.

Half of the time (maybe more) he throws it deep, but sometimes we can see some moves and few good pass. Not as Markov do, but at least he try.

Dandenault, Bouillon, Rivet and Komi ALWAYS drop the puck deep, but not Souray. Even sometimes he shots from the red line and the keeper got a hard time with the shot...

Dandenault leads the rush with puck sometimes. Even Bouillon does once in a while.

I would trade Samsonov and Rivet for Aucoin. We have too many forward bodies anyway and Samsonov hasn't been all that great. Aucoin would probably do well here. Better than Rivet is anyway. We also dump salary.

Just wondering what you guys think about the Forsberg to MTL, OTT, or NYR rumors that are floating around out ther.

Firstly, do you think we might go out and get him for a playoff run. If so, what would we have to give up?

Furthermore, would you want to have him, despite his injury woes?

Personally, I think if the opportunity presents,go for it...as long as the price isnt ridiculous. Obviously, its a high risk/reward. But he is usually good to go in the playoffs and a good performer. Obviously a healthy Forsberg would be an amazing fit for the center we are looking for.. I think we could make a reasonable run this year, considering our play against top teams. I mean if Buffalo is an east favorite, why not us...

Also, a lot of things may change....look at our D situation. How long will Huet shine? How long will Koivu and Kovy have the legs they do? I think you need to take a shot some time..

Thoughts?

I believe there are a few threds about this already but yes i would love if the habs took a chance on Forsberg.

As of right now the the Habs are 4th overall and could draft in the high 20's in the first round.

I would not be upset if a 1st and 2nd rounder were traded for Forsberg. But I would imagine the Flyers would want one or two prospects as well.