Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Ya, not very impressed by Smolinski

if they're willing to take a guy like samsonov or bonk I wouldn't mind.

Samsonov or Bonk?? LOL Bonk is incredibly important to the team this year...and theres no way I would give up Samsonov for a 35 year old who is done as far as im concerned from a 2nd line centre production standpoint.

Ya, not very impressed by Smolinski

Samsonov or Bonk?? LOL Bonk is incredibly important to the team this year...and theres no way I would give up Samsonov for a 35 year old who is done as far as im concerned from a 2nd line centre production standpoint.

it.s not about giving samsonov, it's more about getting rid of a huge contract. addition by substraction.

don't tell me that samsonov has close expectations. a 3.5M he's a bust. there will be a few interesting UfA this summer. we could use that 3.5M

I agree that bonk is playing alright but he's a UFA next year and he wont be back. plakanec can do the job on the 3rd line.

Wow, man. Daze, what a player. Montreal born, power forward, 30 goal scorer. Oh yeah, and that career ending back injury.

I'm going to start a new rumour :P

In all truth though, he's probably a bit sad he never got to play for his hometown team before his career ended.

if they're willing to take a guy like samsonov or bonk I wouldn't mind.

can you name only 1 team who would want to trade for Samsonov with a 3.5 mils contract for next season. They will just wait for him as a UFA...

Not the first time this year that Zherdev is in Montreal rumours. Eklund has it a meager e2

At least now it has a little credibility. The team has been disappointed in him lately, he's even been a healthy scratch a couple times.

Still stupid though, we have enough wingers.

At least now it has a little credibility. The team has been disappointed in him lately, he's even been a healthy scratch a couple times.

Still stupid though, we have enough wingers.

On the other hand he may be acquired so we can actually flip out a current winger. But I still have to ask myself, why get Zherdev?

I am really excited about what Gainey is going to do. I think it's safe to say the the Forsberg rumours are very exciting or they should be to us. It has much less to do with getting Forsberg as it has to do with one shining fact.

Gainey is after big fish :clap:

Here is Eklunds list for 70 Possibly Tradeable Players. I could cut and paste to weed out just the centers but I'm too lazy. So here it is:

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=5068

If we have learned anything about Gainey is that he is unpredictable. It's a fact that this could also be conjecture. But with all the media reports I can't dismiss it.

As for Eklund but his bloggers are mostly reporters who I figure would not want to be affilated with a disreputable site. Kyle Richardson (Spector) wrote a piece on him about his credibility. He didn't give him a glowing recommendation but he respects him nevertheless.

Here it is entitled JANUARY 21: MY TAKE ON EKLUND.

http://spectorshockey.tripod.com/January20...x_archives.html

Scroll down a quarter of the page.

Anyway, I hope I'm right. I don't think any of us should be worried about the trade (if?). I predict it'll be just like Xmas if we do :hlogo:

Here is Eklunds list for 70 Possibly Tradeable Players. I could cut and paste to weed out just the centers but I'm too lazy. So here it is:

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=5068

Odd thing about this list of 70 or so players mentioned in trades is that there is no Aebischer listed. Almost all Habs rumours to date have involved Aebby.

Odd thing about this list of 70 or so players mentioned in trades is that there is no Aebischer listed. Almost all Habs rumours to date have involved Aebby.

All of those rumours are rather unintelligent because Aebischer is the Canadiens insurance policy. Most teams trading away players will be teams who are giving up on the playoffs this year what would they want with a goalie they can have for free July 1st.

All of those rumours are rather unintelligent because Aebischer is the Canadiens insurance policy. Most teams trading away players will be teams who are giving up on the playoffs this year what would they want with a goalie they can have for free July 1st.

Re-signing Abby would be relatively easy though for $2-$3M max.

He has no glaring need to be in So-Cal like Souray does, and I'm sure as long as he was a number 1 goalie he would stay with the team that traded for him. All he wants is to play.