Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Zubrus sounds like the perfect acquisition for Gainey, another role player that solves zero problems and will keep the public content for the time being.

Go for it Gainey! Why make any substatial changes when you can sit on your hands and claim that is actually accomplishing something! :lol:

Ek has a rumour that there are closed doors talks that if the Lightning were to move Vinny to clear up cap space, the Habs would be there to make it worth while.

:hlogo:

Iwould be glad to Have Zubrus back on the team. He has matured a lot and is good at both ends of the ice...besides he is one of the top hitters in the playoffs...go figure. I wouldn't pay the guy 4 million though.

Agreed.

He has really developed nicely since last time he was in a Habs uni. Zubrus can hit, can help offensively but unfortunately is not a #1-2 centre nor is he worth anywhere near $4M.

At a reduced cost (half of his asking price) I would love to have him.

Marleau sucks in the playoffs. I like this guy, but not enough to want him on the Habs.

Marleau suffered a shoulder injury in the end of the season, so he played injuries during the playoffs (source : Mathias Brunet, in today's edition of La Presse)

I'd gladly take in my tean a guy (Marleau) who has 31 goals in 73 career playoff games...

Edited by Punkned

Gainey off season work plan.

-Sign the top prospects 20 years old, Price, Carle, Little ####. Done

-Sign Markov before july 1sd, not done but working on it.

-Try to sign Souray, no work done there yet.

- NHL draft 2007, two first round. Players being shopped.

-Depending on the signings free agents or a trade for a D man.

-Solve the russian problem, some are fix on their own, Perezhogin has left the building,, maybe someone in Russia will offer money to Samsonov. Trade Kovalev to Phoenix or New-York for anything.

- See whats left and fill the holes with with good crap.

So big trades and free agents siginings are not likely gonna happen this off season. I could be wrong but i don't see anything happening unless Bob solve his russian problem.

A resonable wish was to trade for Brad Richards even though his 8 million a year bite, it doesn't bite as much as Kovalev-Samsonov 8 million together.

First of all i doubt any team will take the Habs garbage, there is alot of it at high prices. They really need to rid themselves of atleast 2 Dmen, atleast 2 forwards (Kovalev, Samsonov) but i would be stunned if it happens.

As Easy Ryder says, i don' think they'll be able to sign anyone significant or a game breaker. I am fearing basically the same roster as last year. Which may actually make me throw up.

BG did get rid of Theo, so anything is possible and i'm hoping for the removal of atleast 4 players.

Marleau suffered a shoulder injury in the end of the season, so he played injuries during the playoffs (source : Mathias Brunet, in today's edition of La Presse)

I'd gladly take in my tean a guy (Marleau) who has 31 goals in 73 career playoff games...

Even though I see the positive points on here about Marleau, he is not an answer for Montreal. Just another soft player to go along with the softies already on the team. He along with Thorton have done nothing for the Sharks, period. Plus they have done marginally better than the Habs. - Playoffs

I cannot believe how many people on this board love mediocre hockey teams. San Jose cannot even get by the first round and many people on here think Marleau is a saviour. Sure lets get another $4.5 million dollar useless player to go along with our current collection.

Naslund in Vancouver gets points in the playoffs too, but would he be a saviour? Vancouver would dump his salary as fast as they could if Montreal would bite and I see no difference between either player.

Montreal must build within to get to the cup. All these retreads are not going to do it. Or has anyone not notice Leafs and Rangers futility trying to build with free agents? 1 cup between them in 40 years. :lol: Sure lets be like them :puke: :puke: :puke:

I see I am alone in this opinion...... From now on I will just observe and not participate in these discussions as they are frequent and make no sense to me. (Must be my Conservative side making me think about salary cap considerations)

Edited by InsaneAVSfan

Well making the playoffs makes them way better then the Habs. So that is just ridiculous.

They did make it out of the first round.

The Habs are far below mediocre, In a league that you get in more then half the teams in the playoffs, the Habs struggle to even make it.

I do agree on rebuilding within and NOT signing garbage just for the sake of signing.

Eklund is reporting that Saku might be moved to either the Preds (e2), Stars (e2) or Nuks (e1). I'm sure I am stating the obvious when I say this would be a HUGE loss for the Habs. Even if BG did pick up Vinny, I still dont think this team would be complete without Captain K!

Lets hope Ek is just stabbing in the dark here, but he doesn't report many rumours on the Habs so it makes me wonder....

Here is the link: http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=7424

Edited by cfposi

He isn't what he used to be. He did state that he didn't want to be part of a rebuilding team.

Let's be realistic, he is a great man, but not a great leader. The fact is he hasn't led the team anywhere.

As for EK, until it happens i never believe rumor sites, although they are fun to read.

Move to rumours thread. Eklund is only right .01 % of the time so im not worried!

Let me rephrase my post then... :D

Do you think giving up Saku would be a wise choice (hypothetically) if it meant picking up the "superstar" we have all been dreaming about? I would say NO. Superstars can carry their team, but look at where the teams end up...nowhere! We need chemistry and hard work. Im not saying dont sign Vinny...im just saying dont get rid of the heart!

CFPOSI, superstars carry a team but look where they end up? They end like the Habs under Koivu's leadership. NO WHERE. KOIVU has led this team NO where. Unless you have evidence to the contrary.

Koivu isn't going anywhere, certainly not this year. BG have him just about the most ringing endorsement I've ever heard from a GM.

Ek knows nothing. My six year old daughter has more reliable trade rumours.

It's such an emotional question with Saku, Habs fans have to love him for so many reasons, yet look at all the trouble we've had with team motivation etc., he's been the captain and maybe you have to wonder if it's time to turn the page, I would hate to see him go but let's face it this could be the summer it happens while his value is pretty high.

I hate the offseason for this and Eklund has annoyed me so much he has lost any hits to his site he may have gotten from me if he wasn't so :wacko:

Bob may trade Saku? Who cares. BOb may trade anyone. It may rain tomorrow. Maybe Montreal will be sunny and Calgary will be overcast. Maybe the government will announce new spending today, maybe not. Maybe, maybe and more maybe.

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

I would not object to trading any player on the team, if we could get the righ guy. I love that little Finn, but if we could get Drury and another centre with the extra cap space, I would have no problem with it.

Lets hope Ek is just stabbing in the dark here, but he doesn't report many rumours on the Habs so it makes me wonder....

On the contrary, I've seen quite a few. Among others, he was constantly telling us where Souray was going, and now is (again) talking about Vinny to the Habs. The only transactions he doesn't predict are the ones that actually happen (e.g. Rivet)... :rolleyes:

I don't buy into Eklund at all but the possibility of moving Saku is interesting.

If it made the team better, sure, but I would be much happier if the Habs picked up a legit first line center which would allow Koivu to fall into the second line center spot (I think he would excel with less pressure).

Assuming Souray does leave for greener pastures...

If we do trade away Saku to make room for a big name, who would step in as the leader/captain? The kids (higgs, Komi) are not ready for that and I dont feel comfortable handing that role to the new guy (a la Chara).

He isn't what he used to be. He did state that he didn't want to be part of a rebuilding team.

Let's be realistic, he is a great man, but not a great leader. The fact is he hasn't led the team anywhere.

As for EK, until it happens i never believe rumor sites, although they are fun to read.

You are so full of &^%$. Koivu is one of the biggest leaders in the league. I'm sick of defending him in these forums. I think he needs help and he shouldn't be a first line center but trading him would be the worst thing that could happen to this organization. EK like you is full of $%^& too so you can forget about this happening anyway.

--- Please refrain from attacking other posters with fightin' words

Edited by JeanLucPilon