Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Karyia had a terrible playoffs but I am sure he will score at least 4 mil on the open market which I hope Bob would not offer him. Teemu will not come here unless his wife divorces him.

Agreed - more Eklund nonsense. From now 'til June 30th is an eternity - lots of time to overpay (that one's for you, Chris!). Last I heard Gainey was waiting for the results of his physical after his surgery.

According to Dr. Mulder the surgury went well and there should be no lingering effects. He said this in every major paper within a week of the surgury.

As for how B.G. could be making a "last ditch effort" to sign Souray, it's quite simple because of all the possibilities he faces.

1. opening talks with his agent the two sides might have been too far apart to be able to bridge.

2. He wants to set a time limit (say june 1st for example) to sign before he decides to see what the market offers.

3. He wants to retire with his millions now........ HAVE YOU SEEN ANGELICA BRIDGES BEFORE?!?!?!?!?!?! :wacko:

I'm voting the latter. That's what I'd do.....er, um...choose ;)

Edited by Habitforming

Even if Dr. Mulder reported that the surgery is a success, you still can't open talks right away. Souray will be on medical watch for a while to see (well, keep in mind this was a while back) if everything is 100% completely fine with him.

I believe both Souray and Markov will stay and Chris, both of them will get, and deserve, over 4M. You have to overpay for your core players, or else you'll wind up with an entire team of Mike Johnsons - solid, reasonably priced players, but no core players or anyone that stands out in any way.

I believe both Souray and Markov will stay and Chris, both of them will get, and deserve, over 4M. You have to overpay for your core players, or else you'll wind up with an entire team of Mike Johnsons - solid, reasonably priced players, but no core players or anyone that stands out in any way.

you're half right, so far...about the moneys that is.

But I also agree with you about needing to sign your core players, and Souray is definitely a core player for us. If we can move one of either Dandenault or Boulion, and replace them with a cheaper alternative such as Yemilen, Volentenko or Striet on a full time basis then we would also have the opprotunity to sign\trade for that first line center we've needed for so long (Marleau?).

Today Ek is saying the Habs are in negotiations with Detroit to shed Samsonov. Who does Detroit have under contract that they desperately want to dump?

Today Ek is saying the Habs are in negotiations with Detroit to shed Samsonov. Who does Detroit have under contract that they desperately want to dump?

They will likely dump Lang and or Hudler.

They have been trying to move both last season but it wasn't a deal they liked.

I don't want either, and can't really see anyone from detroit (big 3 not included) that I want on the habs

Detroit doesn't sound very plausible when the Wings have so many UFAs such as Bertuzzi, Calder, Hasek, Schneider, Lang (who's most likely not going back), Markov and Chelios.

Big 3?

Datsuyk, Zetterberg and Lidström?

If the Habs could get Lang for Samsonov then they day would be saved!

Lang is UFA

besides, he'll find a taker. Lou found a taker for "retired", 4M contract bound, Malakhov!

You're telling me you wouldn't want Holmstrom, Markov, or Lebda?

Detroit treats "Their Markov" the same way we treat "Our Markov". No way they will trade him away...he is a bid part of their future.

You're telling me you wouldn't want Holmstrom, Markov, or Lebda?

Holmstrom is untouchable so I don't even consider him.

Markov and Lebda are nothing remarkable, just consistent solid defensively.

I think the main point was forgotten, if you want to move Samsonov, don't be picky and be thankful someone is going to pick him up.

I don't look at it that way.

I think with a new season to start with after such a bad time this year he will have a turnaround season with the habs ala Bonk.

I just hope if he somehow stays he is given a chance to redeem himself and not just shuffled off to the AHL or pressbox.

Detroit treats "Their Markov" the same way we treat "Our Markov". No way they will trade him away...he is a bid part of their future.

Neither team can really trade their Markovs as both are impending UFA's. Danny would be nice for 3 mil if the Habs coulde get rid of Dandioullion.

Neither team can really trade their Markovs as both are impending UFA's. Danny would be nice for 3 mil if the Habs coulde get rid of Dandioullion.

Agreed. A lineup of Markov-Komisarek, Souray-Markov and Streit-Gorges would be great. :king:

Hey daveHab, Why do have to over the core? In case you haven't noticed, the core stinks.

sorry over pay the cre?

I didn't say that you have to overpay your core but rather that you have to sign them. I wouldn't give Souray 7 Mil a year but I think that he is worth 4-5 to this team. He is a leader, a veteran, and he can score goals from the back end. Unfortunately there aren't 30 Prongers or Neidermiers (sp) in the league so not everyone can get one, so we have to deal with what we have, and right now I don't see us getting anything better this offseason in the 4-5 mil range than Souray.

If Gainey is true to his word, and I have no reason to doubt him, then he is going to try to build this team from within and that means getting our top prospects from Russia over here and under contract.

I think that with Markov, Souray, Komisarik, Emelin, Volentenko, Striet, O'Biren, and Fischer we will have a dangerous and reliable defence in the years to come. Mabie not this year but in two years I think that we will be fine. And the added benifit of useing youngsters is that they are cheaper, and we need all the help we can get, with the likes of Kovalev sucking up cap room for the next two years

This might be a trade for nothing, like samsonov and a 1st rounder for nothing or future considerations or something.

But if you guys have fooled yourself into thinking Samsonov is done in the nhl your gonna be sorry. We will move him and he will turn things around and we will regret it. I don't see someone with his skill and drive falling off the map, give him a good coach and proper linemates and Detroit will be laughing all the way to the bank.

This might be a trade for nothing, like samsonov and a 1st rounder for nothing or future considerations or something.

But if you guys have fooled yourself into thinking Samsonov is done in the nhl your gonna be sorry. We will move him and he will turn things around and we will regret it. I don't see someone with his skill and drive falling off the map, give him a good coach and proper linemates and Detroit will be laughing all the way to the bank.

Thats exactly why I dont think he'll be traded away for nothing... but he wont be traded away for something spectacular. And its only for one more year so we would regret nothing.

CH

Samsonov isn't a retired bum like Malakov, they're not gonna have to pay someone to take him or their hands.

It's the contract he has that is the problem. Who wants to dump 3.5 million on a player who might only get 9 goals? You aren't going to find alot of teams interested in him if it isnt a sweetheart of a deal.

They all remember Theodore.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say Bertuzzi wouldn't be a completely horrible person to get. If we get him for cheap, like around 2.5 million for a year he can bang in some rebounds and protect our smaller players. Downey isn't a damn fighter and Komi can't do everything. If he picks his game up we will be laughing if not its not long term and not expensive.

I think detroit can see the positives in getting Samsonov and we could get something in return.

Edited by OneSharpMarble